+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Pally TPS on pull

Help Pally TPS on pull

I've been scrubbing over tons of forums looking for a good way for a paladin to pull a boss and generate the most threat right off the go. The problem I've been running into is the pally would pull and a druid would put up FF and pull or a warlock would put up a curse and pull. Is there no way for a pally to pull and generate enough threat to hold such small debuffs or does the raid truly need to hold off. I'm sure our pally pulls with Exorcism. Any help here would be great.

Exorcism has a 1.5 second cast time and it only has a 30 yard range. It's not "bad" for pulling a boss that is active waiting to be hit, if you can get in range without pulling him first. But for bosses like Goromok, or Saurfang, its a bad ability to use, because you can't start casting it until they become active.

Avenger's shield is instant and can be cast while making the pull, after that shield of righteousness and hammer of the righteous are our two biggest threat moves, and should be next, falling into the normal 969 rotation after that. For bosses that become active after the encounter has started, precast holy shield and consecrate just before the timer runs out (assuming DBM is being used), target the boss and spam shield of righteousness so it hits as soon as he becomes active.

DPS should still wait a GCD or two because if they are spamming the inactive boss and thier latency is lower than the tanks they might still pull in the opening seconds.

Running towards the boss...throw my frisbee...still running...use judgement...in range...use shield of R...then hammer of R.

The only time that would not be enough threat is if you're tired and you just wiped and forgot to put back on RF

Quote Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
    Running towards the boss...throw my frisbee...still running...use judgement...in range...use shield of R...then hammer of R.

The only time that would not be enough threat is if you're tired and you just wiped and forgot to put back on RF
    Alter that slightly. Standing still at max range, cast exorcism. Start running, cast Frisbee, still running judge, On Contact Shield of the Righteous, Consecrate, Hammer of the Righteous.

Putting SotR and HotR back to back will screw up your first 969 rotation.

+ Reply to Thread