+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on my Pally

Advice on my Pally

This is my Pally in tank gear and spec; just looking to see if any of the veteran Pally tanks have any advice? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...raw&gn=Imprint

Now couple of things, I do food buff with Bonescale Snapper to get over 265 hit:
    I'm going to get the emblem 245 shoulders (have them on my DK and think they're quite good);
    I'm debating Breastplate of the White Knight or, for my Holy set which is better then the tank set, the Sunforged Breastplate. Really a matter of order since once 3.3.3 comes out, I'll be able to smelt titansteel until my hearts content.
    Next Frost purchase will be the Corroded Skeleton Key, which will improve the Trinket slot over Essence of Gossamer (but the Essence of Gossamer has served me well).

Just looking for input on talents, glyphs, gear etc. (Lay on Hands minor glyph is a holdover from past spec and is there 'cause I've been too cheap to buy Blessing of Kings)

Replace gossamer with the black heart from reg ToC and don't get the skeleton key, your frost badges could be better spent on other items.
    A good piece to get would be your cape or the off-tier gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasverlassen View Post
    Replace gossamer with the black heart from reg ToC and don't get the skeleton key, your frost badges could be better spent on other items.
    A good piece to get would be your cape or the off-tier gloves.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I thought that advice would be forth coming; the cape is a great upgrade and on my DK I went for that first; followed by belt, then trinket - I actually like the trinket and do use the cooldown and have been pleased with it, but you may be right that it's not a first purchase item.

Your talent spec needs a little work. You only need 1/2 Spiritual Attunement to keep your mana bar full in raids (and in heroics, SA doesn't return much at all). VIndication is required of any raiding tank, because it's as powerful as a fully talented Demo Shout and stays up almost 100% of the time. Crusade is a wonderful threat talent as well. Pursuit of Justice is optional but extremely nice for raiding.

This is the spec I use and recommend: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMobc

There are some changes you can make, like picking up Seal of Command or Imp BoM, but it hits all the core stuff.

As far as gear goes, I would definitely go get Black Heart and pick up the Frost cloak instead. Get the trinket second, IMO. Otherwise, looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy View Post
    Your talent spec needs a little work. You only need 1/2 Spiritual Attunement to keep your mana bar full in raids (and in heroics, SA doesn't return much at all). VIndication is required of any raiding tank, because it's as powerful as a fully talented Demo Shout and stays up almost 100% of the time. Crusade is a wonderful threat talent as well. Pursuit of Justice is optional but extremely nice for raiding.

This is the spec I use and recommend: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMobc

There are some changes you can make, like picking up Seal of Command or Imp BoM, but it hits all the core stuff.

As far as gear goes, I would definitely go get Black Heart and pick up the Frost cloak instead. Get the trinket second, IMO. Otherwise, looking pretty good.
    Thanks, I was wondering about Vindication and didn't think it would work on raid bosses, but if it does then I can see the benefit. I went 2 into Spiritual Attunement to avoid ever getting mana starved, but tanking ICC 10 last night I noticed that 2 is only necessary for 5 man dungeons where the heals are few and far between. Last night I noticed tanking ICC 10 (we cleared teh first wing and it got late) on a Pally is a heck of a lot different (easier) then on a DK. The Pally really is fun to play.

Since I have Tuskar's Vitality on my boots, would you still reccomend Pursuit of Justice?

The cloak is great and now that I'm tanking ICC 10 on this toon (in addition to healing), I think you're both correct; the cloak is the best upgrade, then the belt and then the trinket. So I'll get the 245 emblem shoulders and Breastplate of the White Knight tonight.

Was hoping the Shield off of the Gunship Battle would drop last night, but no luck. Really dont' feel like pugging a ToC 25, but may have no choice.

+ Reply to Thread