+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expertise Cap

Expertise Cap

Hey guys, been gearing up my Death Knight and am currently sitting below the expertise soft cap. My goal was to obtain 4/5 T10 and craft the Pillars of Might, however I am not sure now if I should grab the T10 pants and buy the Cataclysm Chestguard which would bump my expertise up a great deal. Was looking for thoughts or suggestions.

Not opposed to regemming, interested in thoughts on that if anyone has anything. Any assistance is appreciated.

Armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Ticklebottom

You could get +15 exp to gloves, unless you feel like you need the +2% threat.

Not much else comes to mind except possibly changing your gems to reach cap, which is most likely the way most people will tell you.
    Hearthquake - 80 Protection Paladin

If your not having any significant issues with threat I wouldn't stress the need to be at the soft cap. 26 expertise is nice to have, though in ICC I find myself usually sitting around 18-21 everytime I get a new piece of gear. So I just eat expertise fewd to compensate and generally sit around 23-25 expertise. Just my 2cp

Threat is good, dont usually have issues with it unless someone does something dumb. What mostly brought this on was that last night we didnt have enough to fill a 25 man ICC so my guild decided to do TotGC. Some of the healers were complaining that Gormok was dodging 18% of my attacks etc and that I was taking big hits because of parry hasting etc.

Im not dead set on getting 26 expertise or bust, but the closer the better. Any thoughts on the gear choices I spoke of?

Thanks for the responses so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mangaart1st View Post
    If your not having any significant issues with threat I wouldn't stress the need to be at the soft cap. 26 expertise is nice to have, though in ICC I find myself usually sitting around 18-21 everytime I get a new piece of gear. So I just eat expertise fewd to compensate and generally sit around 23-25 expertise. Just my 2cp
    I concur. Only look to add expertise if you are having threat issues. I would suggest gemming red sockets with +exp/+stam. Especially if the socket bonus is +9 stam. This will give you 10 exp and 24 stam, giving you 10 exp at the cost of 60 hps.

+ Reply to Thread