+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tank, would like u guys advice

New tank, would like u guys advice

hiya guys,

im new to the whole tanking, and im getting geared... i think me gear should be alright now...
    but i want to ask u where the focus should be right now what is the next thing i should get ? what stats need improving and where can i get the proper gear to improve those stats ... can u guys help me out ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aniaq&gn=Faith

this is my armory link, thxs in advance for the good advice

Hmmm, you dont mention anything about what kind of content you are currently at/aiming for, so its a bit hard to give specific advice.

However, you are well over the def limit so I would change the gemming to sta gems (except for one), change chest enchant to hp and get a sta/armor trinket instead of Fervor of the frostborn. If you are planning to do any kind of hard tanking EH is king, so gem/enchat for it instead of avoidance...atleast thats the general advice

And if you gear is "alright" depends very much on where you are planning on going It should be fine for ICC10, dont know about the 25 man stuff.

Go farm 10,00 honor and get Greater Inscription of the Gladiator
    If the mats for blood draining are cheap on your realm, get that as it's pretty much an additional 2k health.
    I don't know if I'd change gems now means you've done a good job at getting all epic, but in the future I'd suggest getting all +30 stam gems.
    Also you may want to gem for +10 Hit/+15 Stam wherever possible because you are a decent amount under hit cap. (cap is 8% hit ~ 283 hit rating; if you have a draenei in group, its 7%)
    Hearthquake - 80 Protection Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by 130g View Post
    Hmmm, you dont mention anything about what kind of content you are currently at/aiming for, so its a bit hard to give specific advice.

However, you are well over the def limit so I would change the gemming to sta gems (except for one), change chest enchant to hp and get a sta/armor trinket instead of Fervor of the frostborn. If you are planning to do any kind of hard tanking EH is king, so gem/enchat for it instead of avoidance...atleast thats the general advice

And if you gear is "alright" depends very much on where you are planning on going It should be fine for ICC10, dont know about the 25 man stuff.
    id like to get to endgame raiding and get the best possible gear :P i wanna do icc 25 soon

A good place to look would be in my guide. Take a look at the spec stuff too (although it will change again come 3.3.3). There are links to like 6 or more gearing guides including lists of "easy to get gear" that should push you into the gear levels that will allow you to do more ICC. I would suggest trying to get as much frost emblem gear as possible (tankingtips.com has a very good list that I believe is one of the links in my guide).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread