+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eyonix on New Stats [Healer Info]

Quote Originally Posted by Priestneff View Post
    What I do not like is that my ability to go shadow when we do need the extra heals will be destroyed. No longer will Priest be able to just change a few items to reach the hit cap or boost different stats.
    Why not? Are you using hit on your healing gear?

Bear in mind it doesn't say that you can't use your healer gear to go Shadow, just that Spirit is going to be a wasted stat, like using a lot of +Hit stuff in your healing... which you shouldn't be.

I'm not really able to effectively comment on how it will affect Holy Paladin healing, since my Holy Paladin (my first healer toon!) is only level 71 right now, but the whole point of it is to make it so that that style of healing has to change. From what I understand, they want to do away with the big heal spam style of healing, and implement "smarter" healing, as it were - were you have to watch your mana levels, worry about mana regen, and use various different healing abilities.

As for how this will affect current gear, that's the least of my concerns right now. These patch updates usually come out what, like a month before the expansion launches? Even if my itemization is a little wonky at that point, I'll have a 30% buff to everything in ICC for farming gear, if I still need any, to offset this, and if worse comes to worse - as much as I wouldn't like to have to - I can always replace my current gear with dungeon drops, etc. as I level. As far as I see it, although again my only healer isn't at 80 yet (soon!), I wouldn't worry too much about the impact these changes will have on WotLK, about all it will affect is whether or not your current gear will last you into the new Cataclysm raids or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    Why not? Are you using hit on your healing gear?
    Because my DPS gear has a lot of spirit on it and according to Blizzard's posts Shadow Priests will not use spirit at all. So if you have it on your gear it is possible when they start changing the stats applied to the current gear you will lose something more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestneff View Post
    Because my DPS gear has a lot of hit on it and according to Blizzard's posts Shadow Priests will not use spirit at all. So if you have it on you gear you will get no benefit from it.
    I'm still not seeing the difference.

Now: Throw a few pieces on to get hit capped.
    Cata: Throw a few pieces on to get hit capped.

Feels like they want to move healing playstyles back to level 60.
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

I think what he is saying is: atm SPI is actually useful for Shadow. So, when you throw on a few pieces for cap in WotLK, you still benefit from the remaining pieces w/ SPI, even if its sub-optimal. In 'Clysm, SPI will be a completely wasted stat for Shadow, therefore you will be even more sub-optimal when you switch a few pieces just for hit.

If that makes any sense.

+ Reply to Thread