+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full Stam or taking socket bonusses...

Full Stam or taking socket bonusses...

OK so I have seen two gemming strategies: take stamina bonusses from 9 upwards, or take a socket bonus if you get there simply by spamming 30/51 stamina and a shifting dreadstone for the meta gem requirement. there is another strategy which basically means take every bonus there is, no matter what bonus you would get, which is possibly the least effective method to gemming.

I now have a dilemma:
    At the moment I am gemming to take 9 and 12 stamina bonusses (yellow: 10 def/15 stam, red: 10 agi/15 stam), and not take 6 stamina bonusses. If I was to regem to 30/51 stamina everywhere except a 15 stam/10 agi gem for the meta and use stamina/health enchants in every slot (atm 22 def on chest --> 275 hp, 20 def on shield -->18 stam, 20 agi on gloves -->18 stam) I stand to gain around 1300hp (44800 ub/56436 rb to 46049 ub/57761 rb), and would be trading in around 2% avoidance. (numbers from RAWR V_2.3.11)

Is this tradeoff worth it?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7arak&n=Fetzie is my armory.

regem your pants and chest. It's a common misconception when people say "gem +12 stam socket bonuses" What should really be said is, "Gem +12 stam socket bonuses that only require 1 hybrid gem."

By gemming your chest and legs with hybrid gems instead of all stam gems, you're really gemming for 2 +6 stam bonuses. If you do 3x30 you get 90 stam, as it stands you get 30+15+15+12 = 72 stam, for an 18 stam loss per item, not a 3 stam loss. I'd say regem your chest and legs, put 18 stam on your shield and gloves (or 240 armor to gloves). The other gems are fine.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

thanks for the quick reply

I agree with Agg. Only gem for a +12 stam bonus if it's a one socket piece. The only other time I wouldn't oppose going for socket bonus, is if it's a red gem socket with a +9 stam bonus. This of course, considering you are low on exp in which a +exp/+stam gem is acceptable.

+ Reply to Thread