+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6k arms warrior needs to be 7k for uncle Festergut.

6k arms warrior needs to be 7k for uncle Festergut.

Hey there! Seems all I need these days is help haha.

My guild is currently downing Saurfang 25 regularly, with the other three bosses on farm. The problem is, most of our raiders are in 232/251 level gear, and we're at the point where we need to down Festergut to continue. My personal Armory link follows:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Evitus+Stultus

Now this is the setup I was raiding with last sunday, and with it I was pulling 6.2k dps on Saurfang. We don't have to kill a melee add, hence I consider Saurfang my "true" dps as it was a stand and fight situation.

From theorycrafting and troubleshooting I'm going to change the following things:

1) Change the meta Gem to "Relentless Earthsiege" and use nightmare tears to meet the req's (I believe I can do this without being a JC?)
    2) Change all gems back to Armor Penetration unless I'm not hit capped.
    3) Get the TOC crafted bracers

Now, I won't have enough frost badges to upgrade my gear for another 2 weeks, my current priorities are: Cloak, T10 Chest (I like having the full set, it might not be optimal but I think it's cool so nyah ), Belt, 264 chest.

Is there any suggestions/easy to acquire gear I can look into getting over the next 7-14 days? I don't want to fork out for a 245 chestpiece when I'm getting 251 so soon. Should this gear level be able to do 7k dps and I need to work on being a better player? We don't have an enhancement shaman in our raiding group, would having one buff me up a few hundred deeps? I have a Quel'dalar, Might of the faithful available to me, should I use that instead?

Before anyone suggests I reroll fury, I can't play it, I don't enjoy it, we don't have a combat rogue, we already have a fury warrior and I like arms.

your gear looks pretty solid actually. a few things i would change is:

drop t10 legs and get the crafted plate ones made if you have the gold or get the mail ones off of lady deathwhisper on 25man. expertise is pretty low in regards to sep for arms, since you can make up the dodged attack with a 5 rage overpower that is near 100% chance to crit once you are raid buffed. also if you have the gold, buy the boe agi neck (wodin's lucky charm or whatever the name is) from trash drop in icc25 to help you get that last bit of hit needed to cap. try getting the belt off of rotface or festergut 10 that has hit/arp on it and 2 sockets so you can drop those bracers for something better like those crafted ones from trial.

20 agi chant on gloves change to 44ap to gloves.

try getting the belt off of rotface or festergut 10 that has hit/arp on it and 2 sockets

change meta like you said and regem arp.

whispering fanged skull would be a huge boost to your dps over incisor fragment. actually, just about any trinket would be better than that. nobles card if you are going to be waiting for awhile on deathbringer's will (which is f'n awesome for arms and fury). whispering fanged skull is just as easy to get as far as which boss it drops off of (yay for the 2 best dps warrior trinkets to drop in the first wing instead of like sindragosa or lk).

as far as your priority list, i agree on everything except the 264 frost chest. run the t10 one, dont waste another 95 frosts on another chest, use them for saronites to get the crafted legs made if you cant buy them from the ah. and when you say belt im assuming you mean the leather belt that's better than the plate one right?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Ahh thank you for responding so quickly. You were quite detailed and you've saved me a good week of head scratching!

Unfortunately I'm not a tycoon, so I can't afford the BoE neck, I wish I could though, it looks really good! And thanks heaps for the trink advice! I'm not very good at comparing those, hopefully I can win one of those in the coming weeks. Also Darkmoon Faire is soon so I'll FINALLY be saying bye bye to the rotten incisor fragment.

I wasn't too sure about your advice on dodging and overpowering, but I found more detailed research on it and I see what you mean. The TOC bracers are close now, and hopefully I'll be able to get a belt from Rotty 10. I changed that enchant on my gloves immediately, 44ap > 20 agi easily.

I didn't actually know the leather one was superior, tyvm for the protip!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortington View Post
    I wasn't too sure about your advice on dodging and overpowering, but I found more detailed research on it and I see what you mean. The TOC bracers are close now, and hopefully I'll be able to get a belt from Rotty 10. I changed that enchant on my gloves immediately, 44ap > 20 agi easily.

I didn't actually know the leather one was superior, tyvm for the protip!
    yeh expertise cap isn't needed for arms, so don't go out of your way to cap it. just move overpower to the top of your priority list if you aren't exp capped (op > rend > ms > exe > slam > hs over 70 rage). if you get an upgrade and it just so happens to have expertise on it ok, if not, oh well. gunship 10 plate boots for example, armor pen and expertise and a bit better than your current ones.

the leather belt is better if you don't need any hit from the plate belt, if you do then naturally the hit would be better.

i was arms until 3 weeks ago when i was finally allowed to go fury (was trauma botting/blood frenzy buffing) and this was the gearset i was aiming for as arms: http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20751935

gave something like 11k dps on landsoul's spreadsheet. arp capped with arp food and battle stance.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Ahh thank you kindly, I've been hunting for a good BiS list for Arms!

I shall strive for better gear and demonstrate to the uneducated masses that warriors CAN pull decent deeps with only one weapon (arms gets a lot of hate on my server).

i prefer arms over fury in regards to the playstyle (any monkey can hit 3-4 buttons amirite?).

however since my computer isn't the greatest i get more dps out of fury since it's more forgeiving on lag. arms being gcd locked hurts when you are lagging or getting low frame rates.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hi

Sorry to take this a slightly different direction for a sec. My PC isnt the greatest either. With regard to your low frame rates and lag, i unfortunately get frame rates of about 25-30 and Latency of about 200. The elitest jerks DPS spreadsheet tells me i should be doing about 7K dps and im doing 5.8K dps - do you know if my rates would bring about a reduction like that??

Thanks

I don't even expect to be over 20 fps, and I do fine. To me, 20 is nice.

Your belt and Cloak are killing you with all that haste. Plug in the badge cloak and belt on Landsoul's spreadsheet and see what a difference it makes.

Your fps and latency are fine. Try this Leatrix Latency Fix. Cut my latency in half. Like others have suggested. Fury is unfortunately more forgiving and will allow you to pump out more damage. I was Arms from Tbc to ICC but I just wasn't cutting it. Sadly Fury is just better unless you can reach ArP hard cap as Arms.

Do you have a second weapon?
    Last edited by Kinetix; 02-23-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetix View Post
    Sadly Fury is just better unless you can reach ArP hard cap as Arms.
    theres more to it than you have to be arp capped to be better as arms. actually at lower gear levels arms outperforms fury, gear levels that you won't be arp capped at. please don't spread misconceptions like that.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

This is also another case where just because an item has a higher item level doesnt make it better. With your current setup if you can do some ToC10man, or ToGC10man runs, try to grab yourself http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47740 Its socket propels it above the Njordinar Bone Bow(normal), the heroic Njordinar is ofc better.

Woah suddenly there's a lot to respond to. ^_^

Umm,

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen
    i prefer arms over fury in regards to the playstyle (any monkey can hit 3-4 buttons amirite?).
    I would love to be able to play fury, to be quite honest, but something about having a rotation with free GCDs bugs me, I keep trying to improve my dps by hitting more buttons! I know (from research and watching similarly geared players) for my gear level that I should be able to regem and pull sic dps with fury but I just can't, and I really don't have the gold to waste trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Frapachino
    With regard to your low frame rates and lag, i unfortunately get frame rates of about 25-30 and Latency of about 200. The elitest jerks DPS spreadsheet tells me i should be doing about 7K dps and im doing 5.8K dps - do you know if my rates would bring about a reduction like that??
    I turn my setting aaaaaalll the way down, and I have absolutely NOTHING running except wow, antivirus and windows (run msconfig and turn things off to do this). Also my interface consists of a rend timer, Omen and Recount. I sit at 60fps with this. I mean I don't know what your computer specs are, but that's the first step to higher framerates. also I don't know if lat makes THAT much of a difference, but tbh I'm in australia and 400 lat is considered good here. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetix
    Your belt and Cloak are killing you with all that haste. Plug in the badge cloak and belt on Landsoul's spreadsheet and see what a difference it makes.

Your fps and latency are fine. Try this Leatrix Latency Fix. Cut my latency in half. Like others have suggested. Fury is unfortunately more forgiving and will allow you to pump out more damage. I was Arms from Tbc to ICC but I just wasn't cutting it. Sadly Fury is just better unless you can reach ArP hard cap as Arms.

Do you have a second weapon?
    The belt and cloak I have on are both MUCH better than the tanking items I had in those slots before I got them.

As I said the badge cloak is next on my "to buy" list, I didn't realise it was so good for me until I compared the stats, and I was keen to get my 4 pc bonus.

As far as Fury being better goes: it's better to play the spec you can play. I'm a tard or something, because reapplying whirlwind and bt all the time just don't net me good dps. And I have honestly tried, I followed TheGreatMe's (very excellent) guide to the letter but I was damned if I could fury dps.

Quote Originally Posted by khilbron
    This is also another case where just because an item has a higher item level doesnt make it better. With your current setup if you can do some ToC10man, or ToGC10man runs, try to grab yourself http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47740 Its socket propels it above the Njordinar Bone Bow(normal), the heroic Njordinar is ofc better.
    Ahh the Diplomat, I actually have one of those. It under hitcaps me to the point where I end up sacrificing the gemslot for 10 hit 10 arp, or maybe even 20 hit now... so in effect all I do by equipping it is lose some crit stats. I'll reequip it when I'm overcapped for hit.

Thanks for the great link Kaydubbleu!
    Last edited by Shortington; 02-23-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Clean up BBC code

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    theres more to it than you have to be arp capped to be better as arms. actually at lower gear levels arms outperforms fury, gear levels that you won't be arp capped at. please don't spread misconceptions like that.
    I think that's a given. At lower gear levels its impossible to be arp hard capped. What i said isn't wrong. According to Landsoul's spreadsheet I'm quite a bit under Fury unless I'm hard capped with Arms.

even when i wasn't hardcapped as arms landsoul's sheet was telling me arms was better. i think my fury gear is now at a point that it's better than my arp capped arms gear. going from h dual blade butcher/reg dual blade butcher to cryptmaker/h dual blade butcher did the trick.

and depending on how low you consider low, you can get arp hard capped at the t8 and t9 levels as arms. so it's not impossible unless you are talking fresh 80 heroic loot.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread