+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still feel very squishy

Still feel very squishy

Hello Tankspot community,

i still feel very squishy during some of the boss fights...getting a lot of huge amount of dmgs especially during Icehowl 25 and Festergut 25 fights..

Any helpful advice?

Armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cow&gn=Invicta

You're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Gear and everything looks fine to my eyes. Getting hit like a truck is par for the course on Festergut 3 stacks, and Icehowl I dunno, was this on normal mode or heroic? If it was heroic, that's normal, if it was normal then maybe it was just avoidance failing you and you took many hits in a row.

Only suggestion I have (and this will do very little for your survival, but rather your utility) is getting the Tuskarr's boot enchant. Move speed is fantastic for any raider, but especially a melee, and especially x2 for a tank who may need to kite or run to pick up a mob or something of the like.

Stuff looks fine to me, I'd personally put 30 stam gems in your jugg's band, and shoulders, and enchant the shoulders with 30stam/15 resil. But otherwise you're fine. The only thing I could suggest is maybe playstyle changes. On Festergut you have to chain cooldowns while he's at 3 stacks, for example.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    You're fine.
    Fine?? i wish i was that geared lol.

But anyway, like above posters say, fester will hit very hard, especially on 25 player. Im not sure why Icehowl would be thrown in that group though, ive never had a problem with him. It could just be your healers leaving you at low health for a bit, because you completly outgear ToC

However, if these are Heroic Modes, then you should specify so someone with experience on that can help, i havent been able to do many of those x.x

Thank you all for the replies and advice! i just got myself a new chest this week =D
    Gear and everything looks fine to my eyes. Getting hit like a truck is par for the course on Festergut 3 stacks, and Icehowl I dunno, was this on normal mode or heroic? If it was heroic, that's normal, if it was normal then maybe it was just avoidance failing you and you took many hits in a row.

Only suggestion I have (and this will do very little for your survival, but rather your utility) is getting the Tuskarr's boot enchant. Move speed is fantastic for any raider, but especially a melee, and especially x2 for a tank who may need to kite or run to pick up a mob or something of the like.
    Icehowl was only Normal 25man..lol..yea sometimes when i die to bosses i always think maybe there is something wrong with my gear..my guild healers even nick named me as "Beancurd Tank" =_="
    Yup the boots enchant im getting it when i have the chance to change my boots, heard from people that the minor speed increase does help in many instances.
    Stuff looks fine to me, I'd personally put 30 stam gems in your jugg's band, and shoulders, and enchant the shoulders with 30stam/15 resil. But otherwise you're fine. The only thing I could suggest is maybe playstyle changes. On Festergut you have to chain cooldowns while he's at 3 stacks, for example.
    hmm i think ill just stick with the 10 dodge 15 stam gem coz its just 9 more stam...correct me if im wrong coz i thought the 30 stam 15 resil enchant will only help tanks with less than 540 defense? and yea i rotate my 2 trinkets during 2nd inhale and rotate LS+SW+regeneration during 3rd inhale. sometimes i die in like few hits after my SW is gone and LS is active..i have around 70k health with LS on.

Your tanking gear is fantastic. Maybe you should utilize your defensive CDs better. Instead of the "Oh shit", CDs for the "Oh yeah baby, try and hit me now." But what do I know, I'm just Gary.

hmm i think ill just stick with the 10 dodge 15 stam gem coz its just 9 more stam...correct me if im wrong coz i thought the 30 stam 15 resil enchant will only help tanks with less than 540 defense? and yea i rotate my 2 trinkets during 2nd inhale and rotate LS+SW+regeneration during 3rd inhale. sometimes i die in like few hits after my SW is gone and LS is active..i have around 70k health with LS on.
    The reason for upping the stam with the resil enchant is because it's more health! In reality, you will not notice the drop in avoidance. Honestly if it's reg 25 ICC, I've taken 3rd inhale and have much less health with Last stand. Granted, I've been stacking armor like crazy, so pickup during second inhale I don't use anything, then I'll pop Shield block, Shield wall when shield block is running out, the enraged regen and the glyph of indomitabilty cooldown (dodge) for the remainder (last stand only if needed). Never died on 3rd inhale. Your healers may be slacking.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

^ what mellvar said. And also 9 stam is about 100 more hit points, which is better than a very small amount of avoidance. Imo in general you should probably try to replace the juggernaught right with pretty much anything with armor. Like Mellvar said, stacking armor is really really good and at this point the armor gear you get is more EHP too, it's not just novelty of getting hit for less. EHP > RNG.

Do you have access to the 245 H-Band of the Twin Valks ring from 10 man hardmode ToC? Or maybe the Ony 25 ring. And actually, I'm fairly certain that clutch of fortitude is still more EHP than Jug's Band... The juggernaut ring is actually very sub-par.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Omg I completely overlooked that shoulder enchant lol. I'll get that enchant straight after work tonight =D
    I actually didn't realize the shoulder enchants are 30 stam difference @_@

I hope I didn't vendor that clutch of fortitude ring that time. Gonna check my bank hmm

well at least now when I die I'll know it's not my gear problem.

Hi ive read threw this all and i need help now LOL i was tanking fester 10m and couldent get to 8 stacks
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=%C3%86lfhere
    http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Gno...r=%C3%86lfhere

Quote Originally Posted by Yasu_Executus View Post
    Hi ive read threw this all and i need help now LOL i was tanking fester 10m and couldent get to 8 stacks
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=%C3%86lfhere
    http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Gno...r=%C3%86lfhere
    Helm: Enchant should be 37stam 20 defense (revered with argent guard or ardent guard or freakin' the guys right outside dalaran) and gem with 10def/15 stam gem
    Shoulders: Enchant with 30stam/15 resil shoulder enchant and gem with 30 stam (also: the instances where you should gem for parry are few and far between)
    Chest: Enchant with 275 HP instead of 10 stats
    Weapon: I pref Blood Draining to blade ward personally, but blade ward does provide the most avoidance for warriors
    Shield: Enchant with 18 stam
    Boots: Gem with 30 stam, enchant with Tuskarr's Vitality
    Legs: Change the gem in the red slot to either 10agi/15 stam or 10 expertise/15 stam. This is the socket you're going to want to use to activate your meta since it is the largest +stam bonus requiring just 1 red gem.
    Belt: I'd say try to get "Indestructible Girdle" made, or get the frost emblem belt asap.
    Gloves: Enchant with either 240 armor or 18stam, I'd suggest 240 armor, especially if your main problem atm is festergut

Trinkets: AND THIS IS THE BIG ONE. Get rid of both those trinkets asap. Non-raid requiring trinkets to get: The Skeleton Key (from frost emblems), Glyph of Indominability (50 emblems of triumph, very easy to get), or The Black Heart (a good temp trinket and it's farmable, drops out of N-ToC5, so you can run it over and over again until it drops). My current suggestion for people who don't have access to Unidentifiable Organ or Juggernaut's Vitality is to roll with The Skeleton Key and Glyph of Indominability. Using those two trinkets will make a WORLD of difference. The Black Heart makes a good temp trinket until you have enough frost emblems for The Skeleton Key

Another thing is cooldown management. Don't be afraid to use shield block, it is an amazing ability that you can use to curve your incoming physical damage by a LOT. I'd recommend this for when Festergut has 2 stacks of the buff (which, it sounds like, is about where you're having problems). Remember that while he has 3, a cooldown rotation is absolutely necessary since he just hits too hard. Last Stand with enraged regen, then shield wall, then healer cooldowns. Last Stand + ER might not be enough if you are at low gear levels.

Gear in General: you might look at getting the Breastplate of the White Knight and Pillars of Might made. The Cataclysmic Chestguard from frost emblems is also AMAZING. In fact, all the frost gear is amazing for warrior tanks, lol. If you get Pillars of Might, gem them with all 30 stam gems, however this means you will lose your red gem for your meta, so if you get the frost belt or indestructible plate girdle, make sure you hit the +9stam red socket bonus in them to get your meta activated again, or leave the exp/stam gem in your boots if you don't get a new belt.

Spec is fine, although I'd go with imp charge over imp rend since you really shouldn't be rending at all. I would also spec into imp disciplines and use glyph of shield wall, however that's not important for all fights, festergut being one of them since you'll only tank him at 3 stacks once per tank. If you don't go that route, then drop barbaric insults and glyph for devastate.

+ Reply to Thread