+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lazy AoE classes

Havent seen this type of behaviour yet in pugs but I have seen plenty of AoE capable classes/specs who dont know how to use it which I think is irritating also. I mean as long as the tank doesnt risk dying there is no reason to not go full out AoE since it for most will result in higher damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Oh, I've seen rogues who refused to dps anything but bosses also. Kind of goes both ways I guess.
    Playing a rogue, I can second this.
    If you are stealthed then the mob packs are half dead before you get there. They are dead before you have 2 combo points.
    When I'm combat specced, I don't bother to stealth anymore.
    But in 5mans I'm Deep Sub because Shadow Step solves this dilemma. And I get to Shadow Dance one mob down.
    FoK is a godawful ability. I don't use it on any group with less then 5 targets. Even then it is a waste.

In the old 5 mans stuff is even half dead when I Shadow Step there. One ambush and they are down. AoE has become ridiculous.

...so yeah, sometimes I simply stay stealthed and sit it out. Lazy? Propably.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

If someone pulls he tanks. If they want to just nuke like insane they should reroll tank. Now that they didn't, they let tank keep it up. If they don't like a speed way above the average then that's not tanks problem. And if you whisper the healer to not heal overaggroing dps it gets even more fun If a dps is so lazy he cannot press tab once to attack some other target then he's too lazy or too dps horny. Wtf.. dps horny in a hc dungeon -.-'

I booted a DK from a random I was in for the same thing. Just sat there while I pulled mobs, when we got to the boss...goodbye.

If there is 4+ targets, mind sear is used, anything less, they all get some dots and mind flay.

But if im eating or doing something else whilst mindlessly randoming, ill mind sear away.
    :s
    Either way, 90% of the time im at the top

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Playing a rogue, I can second this.
    If you are stealthed then the mob packs are half dead before you get there. They are dead before you have 2 combo points.
    When I'm combat specced, I don't bother to stealth anymore.
    But in 5mans I'm Deep Sub because Shadow Step solves this dilemma. And I get to Shadow Dance one mob down.
    FoK is a godawful ability. I don't use it on any group with less then 5 targets. Even then it is a waste.

In the old 5 mans stuff is even half dead when I Shadow Step there. One ambush and they are down. AoE has become ridiculous.

...so yeah, sometimes I simply stay stealthed and sit it out. Lazy? Propably.
    Im playing rogue now, too and notcied that stuff. Im always combat now though as assas, It was boring to single target while everyone else aoed. Combat has some amazing smalll scale aoe abilities though, i love usingh KS and Bf at smae time. For fan of knives i only use that if i see at least 4 mobs. There is way to make FoK more powerful though, but it means nerfing the single trget dps slightly. You have to use the major glyph in place of evis glyph and use a slow off hander which nerfs combat potency.All that increases the dmagae of fok by quite alot.

Speaking as a tank, as well as predominantly a warlock these days...

The day my fellow DPSers stop their whining about the Damage meters, and I don't have to meet some mythical requirement to run a dungeon that I'm clearly overgeared for, I'll stop worrying about how many targets my tanks pull. I don't actively whine or do something so stupid as to not DPS unless it's over 2 or 3 mobs. I'm in there to get the job done. But if it's a raid I do tend to prefer larger groups, especially if it's Pugged since your average trash dies REALLY quick these days, and the DPS-obsessed Raid Leaders are all over the place. I can't tell you how many times I've done a VoA and saw the RL and others show some bluster about 4k or they're kicking people/no loot. Yet that always, always, ALWAYS goes out the window once Toravon drops to the ground dead and we get loot.

So yeah...you'll see less of these kinds of attitudes (hopefully) when people become less concerned about min/maxing the entire thing and wanting to get things done as fast as humanly possible.

I think the refusal also may come from the fact that Wrath has been so AoE-happy in terms of it's design. In places like Nexus, you naturally get packs of mobs that the easiest thing to do is Seeds/Blizzard/Fan of Knives/whatever. and let's face it: it brings a satisfied smile to our faces to watch a group of eight or ten mobs all die simultaneously, leaving a neat little semi-circle around your tank. Just so pleasing to see the carnage...

Still...there's no excuse not to DPS a target. That's what you're there for as a DPS. You shouldn't be caring about your place on the meters. you should be caring about getting the job done.
    "I don't have a dream, so I protect the dreams of others."~Inui Takumi

+ Reply to Thread