+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot. Warrior. What Am I Geared For? Advice

Prot. Warrior. What Am I Geared For? Advice

Hey I remember coming in here when I first hit 80 and got advice from some cool people about nax and stuff. But its been awhile and i've been raiding and gearing up. So now I would like to ask what Am I geared for? I've ran 10 & 25man os. done 10man naxx, some of 10man ulduar, 10man ToC.

I can't think of any others. But check out my armory if its working i think it is.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Unforgivein

What am i geared for? ICC, 25man Toc, togc? what in your opinion. Also I've OTed Rep runs in ICC but am talking about OTing bosses.

Thanks everyone. And i know i have some lame 200 Ilevel stuff. But im trying to fix it. Going ot replace my gun with 245 triumph ranged.

Check out Wowheros.com

Get the platinum mesh cloak with badges.

Try this spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo
    I left improved revenge in because it's getting buffed again in 3.3.3 so you'll be using it when that comes out and the stun is probably marginally useful in heroics, otherwise you can take those 2 points out and put them pretty much anywhere.

Helm- Change the gem to 30 stam
    Shoulders - get the 30stam/15 resil to shoulder enchant
    Cloak - Platinum Mesh cloak is good, if you have the frost badges get the frost badge cloak. Enchant should be 225 armor.
    Chest - enchant with 275 Armor, start looking into getting the cataclysmic chestguard.
    Weapon - Blood Draining, also try to find a new weapon
    Shield - I recommend 18 stam, but you may want to wait until you get a better shield
    Trinkets - Drop fervor of the frostborne, get glyph of indominability
    Boots - I really prefer tuskarr's vitality to boots.
    Legs - Get Pillars of Might Crafted if you can. They are expensive though, gem them with 3x30stam
    Belt - Look into getting the frost badge belt, either that or get indestructible plate girdle crafted in the interim
    Gloves - gem with 30 stam and enchant with 240 armor (leatherworking kit)

You'll need a red socket to activate your meta, I suggest a 10expertise/15 stam gem in the red slot in your legs. Basically find the highest +stam socket bonus you can and use that to activate your meta.

You also may want to read my guide, link is in my sig.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I advise against gemming pure stam in the helm. It's a +12 socket bonus. You can do hit/stam or another hybrid gem, as you'll only be giving up 30 hps.

Also, I think Agg means +275 health on chest, not armor.

What Mooky says... I need to get some sleep... I'm slipping...
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Okay thanks. Also I'm running on low money. umm Im working on getting Mesh right now. just doing 10man ulduar lately. But other then that. what do you guys think im geared for? like what i should be running?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivein View Post
    Okay thanks. Also I'm running on low money. umm Im working on getting Mesh right now. just doing 10man ulduar lately. But other then that. what do you guys think im geared for? like what i should be running?
    You could Farm Regular Halls of Reflection, First Boss drops a 219 Cloak, and the Second Boss drops a 219 shield.

H HoR and H PoS both have a tank weapon.
    H HoR also has a tank neck.

Get your Blacksmithing up, you are cheating yourself out of 2 sockets.

NEVER gem for Strength.

I seem to remember tanking most of normal ulduar 25 with about your HP levels (yay doing ulduar in naxx gear! lol).

Alright thanks. yeah i just droped my herbing so I could go level bs up for making gear, gem slots, and making money.

Alright thanks. yeah i just droped my herbing so I could go level bs up for making gear, gem slots, and making money.
    Umm that kinda the wrong move then...
    In general Herbalism and Mining are your two big money makers.

Yes but I would rather want those two extra gem slots then making money. Bs and mining and make money aswell.

+ Reply to Thread