+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going into ICC10, EH vs. sta

Going into ICC10, EH vs. sta

Hi,

My guild i starting in ICC10 (have the four first bosses down each week), and we needed tanks so I leveled my old warrior:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=eu.shadowsong.draco

I am planning to raid ICC first time this week, and I was wondering if I should gem/enchant/gear for EH or just go straight for stamina and hp?

Thanks in advance

EH = Effectively health which is a number derived from your armor and HP levels. So gem/gearing/enchanting for EH is going for stamina (which is hit points) and armor.

You might take a look at the guide in my signature, but yes, gear for EHP (armor/stam).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I have read your excellent guide and I am aware of the difference (and similarities) of EH and stam

I can gain about 3k more hp if I replace http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47735 with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44063 and change all enchants to hp enchants, but my EH will go down...and the question was if something like that was a worthwhile trade-off to make fights like festergut easier on the healers?

Sorry if I wasnt clear in my first post.

I guess I am still a bit confused by your question. EH and stam are directly intertwined, as stam is effectively half of EH. If you know you're lowering your EH by trading a large chunk of armor for an amount of stamina which doesn't actually make up for the EH lost by the armor, how are you actually helping your healers on Festergut? You'll have the HP to take the incoming damage and survive the max hits, as is (though it might be cutting it close). Removing armor for superfluous stamina isn't going to change that outcome. If you're worried about surviving Festergut, I would...

1) Change your chest enchant to 275 health.
    2) Change your glove enchant to the armor kit (Glove Reinforcements).
    3) Switch your shoulder enchant to the +30 stam PVP shoulder enchant.
    4) There are a number of fairly easy to get tanking weapons, from Pit of Saron to Onyxia 10/25, or even ToC / ToGC 10. The Onyxia or ToC weapons will give you a nice little boost also.
    5) I would say switch the two multi color gems in your chest to 30 stam gems, but I don't think the amount of +defense you have right now will allow it. Maybe after you get a weapon.
    "Sometimes attaining the deepest familiarity with a question is our best substitute for actually having the answer." -- Brian Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    You'll have the HP to take the incoming damage and survive the max hits, as is (though it might be cutting it close).
    That was more or less my question, sorry for being unclear
    Thank you for your advice. Regarding the weapon, I have been trying to get a decent tanking weapon ever since I dinged 80, but so far I have been out of luck.

I started ICC10 with somewhere around 38k unbuffed, sitting at about 44k unbuffed now. However, I was MTing. With the current level of gear you have, you should be able to step in and Off Tank just fine. I've offtanked the first 5-6 bosses on my pally alt, which only has around 33-34k unbuffed. In regards to tanking Festergut, as long as you're tanking first, you should be fine. Fire up your CDs on the 7th stack (Last Stand + Enraged Regen first, Shield Wall when that drops), have your other tank taunt after the 8th stack when shield wall goes down, and your gear should suffice.

Good luck to you and your guild!
    "Sometimes attaining the deepest familiarity with a question is our best substitute for actually having the answer." -- Brian Greene.

oooh okay I understand the question now. The only difference in terms of "can I survive this boss hit" between armor and stam is that armor doesn't mitigate everything, only physical damage. Most fights in ICC are heavily physical damage, so you'll want to use the glyph of indominability on those, even if your HPs seem low, you will take less damage, so it is worth it and you will be able to survive the hits. I'd keep the stam trinket on you and use it for fights like Lady Deathwhisper and Sindragosa.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thanks for all the replies

+ Reply to Thread