+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICC 25 tank Warrior

ICC 25 tank Warrior

hey there everyone thanks for reading this post.

I'm currently main tanking ICC 25 and im noticing a fact that concern me a bit, gear wise.

Gear from icc drops or tiers(warriors) doenst have any expertise in it.
    Q: Should i give up stamina to get expertise capped? ( noticed some bosses dont parry )

Would also like to know whats your opinion on my gear/ gems/ enchants/ spec.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...us&cn=Callapez

You neglect to mention if you're having threat issues or not, and if so, what situations you're having threat issues on. Either way, I would aim for the 264 "Cat" chest with Frost badges. Lots of armor, lots of stam, lots of expertise, all in all it's 95 badges of awesome.

I try, really I do try not to comment on prot warrior specs since I don't play one myself (at least not past 74), however several things about yours are bugging me so much that I feel obligated to speak:

- You maxed out Puncture but left a point unfilled in Focused Rage, which is much more valuable since it buffs all your abilities not just one of them.

- Improved Rend?

- Gag Order both buffs one of your major aggro generators, and adds some nice utility.

- Improved Thunder Clap is a must-have. The increase to damage and decrease to rage cost are both nice, but the real reason is for the extra 10% slow. Having a raid boss hit you 10% slower is massive in terms of survival.

Getting 26 Exp is ideal, however, only if you're having threat issues. If you dip under, and you don't have any problems with threat, it's not the end of the world.

Put armor on your cloak, and most warriors prefer mongoose on the weapon. I'd also put the +30 stam pvp enchant on shoulders, and Tuskarrs vitality on the boots. Armsman isn't the best option for hands, but if you are having threat issues it's not a bad choice.

I also agree with Harmacy's thoughts on your spec.

I dont have threath issues no,

About my spec, replying to your comment:

Focused rage is not a most have in ICC since you have plenty of rage to work with, imo is much more important to reduce rge needed for devastate wich is a warrior tank spam abilitie.

Improved rend yes, rend does a nice good threat with that talent maxed.

Utility is pretty much useless imo from Gag order. Yes you are right about the shield slam buff, but i rather have 2% crit.

Improved tunderclap is good, yes for heroics. Slowing effect from tunderclap is being applied by the OT.

Correct me if im wrong in any way,

Cheers for the repply.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    most warriors prefer mongoose on the weapon.
    Most bad warriors prefer mongoose. Put Blood Draining on it.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Most bad warriors prefer mongoose. Put Blood Draining on it.
    /agree i'll do it once i get a decent weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Callapez View Post
    I dont have threath issues no,

About my spec, replying to your comment:

Focused rage is not a most have in ICC since you have plenty of rage to work with, imo is much more important to reduce rge needed for devastate wich is a warrior tank spam abilitie.
    But if you move 1 point from puncture into focused rage, then your devastate still costs the same amount but all your other abilities are decreased by 1 as well.

Improved rend yes, rend does a nice good threat with that talent maxed.
    False actually, rend does less threat than any other ability that requires a global cooldown, it is a TPS decrease to use rend.

Utility is pretty much useless imo from Gag order. Yes you are right about the shield slam buff, but i rather have 2% crit.
    Wrong again, there are some fights where the utility is very nice, and gag order is MUCH better threat than 2% crit, cruelty is actually pretty bad for threat point for point.

Improved tunderclap is good, yes for heroics. Slowing effect from tunderclap is being applied by the OT.
    You should still have it for any instance where your OT may not be able to put it up (he dies, or is doing something else, or is on another mob, or you have to do some AoE tanking). Imp Tclap is much better than shield spec imo.

Correct me if im wrong in any way,

Cheers for the repply.
    So done.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Pretty much everything that Agg just said is correct. Rend is a terrible aggro ability. Imp TC is something you want for any fight where you'll be tanking more than one mob, or if no one but you can put up the slowing effect, which is a lot of the time. Gag Order is amazing, both the utility and the threat gain. Focused Rage is categorically better than Puncture. Cruelty pretty much sucks for prot.

since all warrior seem to struggle with aoe tanking, i though about a build which would include all important prot talents, as well as improved cleave, which makes it easier to aoe tank, and if youre using glyph of cleave, this build would make a big difference
    heres the build with cleave: http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...12521030113321
    i also though about a build that would include enrage talent from the fury tree, which is useless for dps warriors nowadays. also it says it doesnt stack with wrecking crew, but it might just stack with the prot tree enrage, by doing this, you would have to lose 5 talent points from deflection, but it would maximize the dps, and the threat too (i havent tried this yet, so i cant tell if it works or not)
    heres the build: http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...12521030113321
    please tell me what you feel about these builds

Focused rage reduces your devastate rage cost by just as much as puncture. Focused rage ALSO reduces the rage cost of ALL YOUR OTHER offensive abilities as well. There is zero reason to take puncture until focused rage is maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread