+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior help

Prot warrior help

Hi,

I'm pretty new to wow played only for 8 months and I just got to 80 about a month ago got as many triumphs gear as possible. And now I'm geared enough to try to do icc 10 on normal. I'm on argent dawn server and I'm looking for help to tank icc better and get better gear. I'm looking for a tank/guild in argent dawn that are willing to take me under their wings and help tank better.

My gear.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Metalaries

I'd highly suggest taking a gander at the guide in my sig, if you have any more questions after reading, feel free to post in this thread again or send me a PM.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I played on argent dawn at release, but no longer play there. However, I can give you some feedback on gear and such. First off, why the +agi gems? Save up triumphs and trade them in for lower emblems for the Platinum Mesh Cloak, then enchant it with +armor, not agility. You're good on defense, but not ready to tank ICC with only 31k hps. Lose some +def gems and get some more +30 stam gems. Unless the socket bonus is +12 stam, most people will just socket +30 stam. You're low on expertise, so I'd change the +agi gems to +exp/+stam. Try and farm the shield outta non heroic HoR, or atleast get the one from H CoS. Change your shoulder enchant to the +30 stam pvp one. The resiliance on the pvp shoulder enchant will count toward defense, so you can dip under the 540 mark a few points. Ditch the rotting thumb and get the black heart from non heroic totc.

As for your spec, you should go for the deep wounds, as it's better than cruelty. Imp Revenge is no longer a good use of 2 spec poitns as devastate is doing more threat now.

agi/stam gems aren't a terrible choice since it is the highest EH hybrid gem (20 more Armor from the agi) and gives some avoidance (and threat). However I do agree that you should be using expertise/stam gems until you're at close to 26 expertise
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    agi/stam gems aren't a terrible choice since it is the highest EH hybrid gem (20 more Armor from the agi) and gives some avoidance (and threat). However I do agree that you should be using expertise/stam gems until you're at close to 26 expertise
    /highfive

Thank you for the help. I was finally able to get the shield from hor normal. I was trying for a while. I haven't changed yet my talent tree but I will soon. I did change a gem to stam and exp and it's now up to 24 (18 +6 from vitality) should I get it even higher or should I increase my hit rating? I also got the cloak from HOR normal and I enchanted with the wrong one (I thought I was enchanting my dps cloak) is there anything else I should do?

Now with the pvp shoulder enchant does that require honor points or just gold?

10k honor

+ Reply to Thread