+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dk tank needs help, Cant keep agro for shit on icc

Dk tank needs help, Cant keep agro for shit on icc

Hello guys and gilrs l got l BIG problem l cant keep agro on icc bosses my thrath is so slow so l need to tount to keep agro my rot on bosses is , IT, PS, OB, OB, and l got the runstike macro on my OB and l do Frost stike when l got mutch rune power, and keep the plage and frost deasases ticking all the time,

Macro

/cast !Rune Strike
    /cast Obliterate

and wow army http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sher&cn=Dimpen

The only thing I can think of is. IT PS BS BS OBIT FS, Depending on your build OBLIT BS BS OBLIT FS, or OBITx3 FS. RS when of possible.. Of Course.. Either that or you just did have frost pres on.

Put the Rune strike macro on all of your melee abilities, not just Obliterate; Also, on single target pulls, if your Howling Blast is Glyphed to cause Frost Fever, use HB in place of IT.

Honestly, for ICC, you can and probably should use Blood Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by OPK View Post
    Put the Rune strike macro on all of your melee abilities, not just Obliterate; Also, on single target pulls, if your Howling Blast is Glyphed to cause Frost Fever, use HB in place of IT.

Disregard the blood spec mumbo jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    Disregard the blood spec mumbo jumbo.
    Agreed.

OP: Your spec has some serious issues. Please check out the DK tanking compendium in the theorycrafting forum. DW plus haste buff don't work well for tanking. After the 2 DW talents, there aren't enough talent points to get all the right tanking/threat talents and melee haste. If you need to bring the melee haste buff, you should consider 2H tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by OPK View Post

Agreed on your first point, RS should be macro'd to every threat generator.

If you're having single-target threat issues, use dual-disease though. It still buffs your Oblit and BS, even though it's slightly more difficult than single-disease.

And you're just wrong on the last point. Frost and Blood are pretty much equal, I don't know where you got this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpen View Post
    Macro

/cast !Rune Strike
    /cast Obliterate
    This is probably minor, but I'd put RS after the primary ability if I were you. Oblit builds RP, so I like to have RS come after the Oblit RP gen rather than b/f. B/c RS is 'on the next melee swing', this probably isn't significant, but can't hurt just in case.

I'd also suggest a different build, trading the haste talents for RP-gen talents (CotG and SoB). DW works really well with Scent of Blood, add Chill of the Grave to that you'll have way more RP for more Frost Strike spam. Since you can't hold threat, it's better to spend those talent points buffing your own threat, rather than the raid's threat w/ Improved Icy Talons (and haste isn't the best stat for tanks anyway).

Glyph Oblit, Frost Strike, and Rune Strike for boss fights, and Oblit, FS, and HB for trash. Carry a stack of Glyphs of Howling Blast for ICC trash, and Glyph of RS for bosses, and switch as necessary.

Also patch 3.3.3 will increase the threat of Icy Touch, so that should help alot as well.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 02-23-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpen View Post

/cast !Rune Strike
    /cast Obliterate
    You dont need the bang ! in front of Rune Strike, it cannot be cancelled, it is not Heroic Strike.

Thx for all the fast responses will try l difrent build but shud l go 1h or 2h

As far as the 1h or 2h, it's a matter of preference. Know that you need two have at least 2 slo/slo 1h's if you plan to go DW for threat gen.

Also note that DW frost has a very tight talent spec with very little room fo customization. In order to get all the talents you need to generate and maintain high threat most of points will be locked into the same talents as all us other DW dk's. Two Hand Frost allows for a bit more freedom.

As far as performance I have personally played bother 2h and DW and the can perform at roughly the same threat generation. Me personally prefer DW because I like to have a lot of weapon versatility for fights to fit the encounter and my role in the encouter.

Ok thx l trid the new spec out and l ended up on 500k threth on toc 10 boss normal

+ Reply to Thread