+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pal Stat Preference

Prot Pal Stat Preference

Hello! So today was my first time playing my paladin as prot (usually holy). Have to say I love it; it'll def. become my second spec. With that being said, as I'm gearing up, I would like to make sure I'm making wise choices. As for mainly gemming (also gearing), how would you rate these stats for a protection pal? Which ones do you prefer over others ect.

Str vs Agi
    Dodge/Parry/Block/Expertise

Also had a quick question:
    Is there any viable PvP gear for when you're just starting out gear wise? (Link of my paladin above)

stam stam, stamity stam stam stam.

No, no viable PvP gear, maybe a shield if you can't find a better one, they have a lot of stam and armor on them, otherwise no, not really, at least not what's preferred over normal PvE gear. The PvP enchant is preferred though.

Order would probably go Stam -> Armor -> Agi -> Dodge -> Expertise -> Parry -> Block. Expertise is flexible depending on how much you have, basically you want to make sure you have defense and expertise minimums (26 for pallies, although iirc there is a glyph that gives 10) and 540 defense (536 if you use the PvP enchant, hint: you should). More is okay and still has value from behind the minimums, but isn't as important as the minimums themselves. Although I will also say that expertise isn't as important for pallies as it is for warriors since some of their abilities count as spells and therefore cannot be dodged or parried. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Pallies get a lot of bang for their buck from stam, due to better coefficients and ardent defender.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you -so- much!

np, if you want a better breakdown you can check the guide in my sig. Yes it's for warriors, but warrior and pally gemming/gearing/enchanting is very similar. The only major difference is that pallies should almost always gem red socket bonuses that give +9stam or better with agi/stam since they have better agi coefficients than warriors and therefore get more bang for their buck and don't really need expertise as much as warriors. Warriors can still gem agi/stam gems and I've gemmed it before, but in my current gear setup I needed the expertise.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread