+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking DK gloves choice. Are the new T10 gloves worth something?

Tanking DK gloves choice. Are the new T10 gloves worth something?

Hello everyone.

To begin with, here is the link to my armory profile: Hanya

Few days ago I've luckily won the T10 gloves from the new boss in VoA25. I was not really looking for them but I happened to be the only DK in raid. (Sanctified Scourgelord Handguards)
    What I have now are the level245 T9 gloves (Thassarian's Handguards of Triumph) and with the T9 helm I still have the 2 pieces bonus from the T9 set.

I'm not sure if it's worth to change them with the T10 gloves because I'm going to loose a lot of avoidance, almost 1% (something like 0.65% dodge and 0.35% parry) and it could have been more if the T10 gloves were not giving that huge amount of defense rating. So it seems like the only things I'm really getting from the T10 gloves are some Hit Rating points and the nice Armor bonus. (I don't really care about the 2 pieces bonus from the T10 set. Also, I've never had problems with my current Hit Rating tanking on both ICC25 and ICC10 so I'm not really sure about the Hit Rating bonus being worth too, at least since I have the Hit Rating from the T9 Helm. But I can't stick with the T9 helm forever too).

An alternative could be the gloves from EoF. (Gauntlets of the Kraken)

That's why I need some good advices. What do you think?

To let you completely know my situation: I'm constantly raiding ICC25 easily killing Saurfang and some good ICC10 progress. At the moment I have like 70 EoF but they are going to be more with the weekly incoming.
    Last edited by Cremisi; 02-22-2010 at 06:54 AM.

The extra armor is very nice. You're going to get hit in ICC. With the size of the hits, avoidance tanking is risky and makes us feel squishier than other tanks.

The difference between T10 and the badge gloves is the hit rating. Your hit rating is really low. You should be closer to 200, especially with the upcoming change to Icy Touch. There are plenty of pieces with hit rating on them in ICC, so I would still grab the badge gloves and go to VoA for the T10 gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
    The extra armor is very nice. You're going to get hit in ICC. With the size of the hits, avoidance tanking is risky and makes us feel squishier than other tanks.

The difference between T10 and the badge gloves is the hit rating. Your hit rating is really low. You should be closer to 200, especially with the upcoming change to Icy Touch. There are plenty of pieces with hit rating on them in ICC, so I would still grab the badge gloves and go to VoA for the T10 gloves.
    He has the T10 gloves.

That's what I get for skimming.

OP: Wear the T10 gloves. They are an upgrade from T9. The armor makes up for the lack of avoidance and you need the hit.

+ Reply to Thread