+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Help

DPS Help

Hi,

I am a destruction lock. I am having a major dps problem. I don't know if its my spec, gear, rotation or whatever. my dps is at 3.5 - 4 k on the dummy but, when I am raiding icc or any other raid its at 2.5 - 3.5k. i don't know what I am doing wrong. my spell priority is coe/cod, immolate, conflag, cb, incinerate 3x (then hit whatever comes off cd 1st.)

I've tried to research for some answers but, everything I've found is outdated.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alo&cn=Avonnah

I'll point to to elitist jerks warlock page; http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38033-m...ction_warlock/

guide was last updated 1/19/2010, so i should be up to date
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Thank you.

There are a few pieces that need upgrades, you should replace that neckpiece with something a bit more appropriate for your spec, and of course try to finish the 4pT9 bonus with the legs. I would also replace Glyph of Immolate (at least until next patch) with either Imp or Life Tap.
    There are also a few minor issues with gems, don't bother gemming stam (though I suspect those pieces double as PvP items). Go for spirit/sp on those. Same goes for the chalice, there is no need to gem crit.
    The only other thing I can think of is the Ice Crystal you're using. That is more useful for affliction locks than destro.
    Overall, these are minor issues in regard to your concern.

It's hard to do your full dps on encounters like Marrowgar, gunship, etc. My dps suffers the most in Marrowgar, I can only pull about 3-4k, whereas I can do 7k on Toravon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear View Post
    There are a few pieces that need upgrades, you should replace that neckpiece with something a bit more appropriate for your spec, and of course try to finish the 4pT9 bonus with the legs. I would also replace Glyph of Immolate (at least until next patch) with either Imp or Life Tap.
    There are also a few minor issues with gems, don't bother gemming stam (though I suspect those pieces double as PvP items). Go for spirit/sp on those. Same goes for the chalice, there is no need to gem crit.
    The only other thing I can think of is the Ice Crystal you're using. That is more useful for affliction locks than destro.
    Overall, these are minor issues in regard to your concern.

It's hard to do your full dps on encounters like Marrowgar, gunship, etc. My dps suffers the most in Marrowgar, I can only pull about 3-4k, whereas I can do 7k on Toravon.

Thanks you very much for your help. I am working on changes now. Thanks again !!

Destro raiding in Icecrown Citadel

First of all, in my experience in Icecrown Citadel is the wide variety of encounters you find yourself in. Give it up to Blizzard for finally making a raid that challenges you as both and individual and as a group. As a warlock my initial Spec was Destruction, and i still use destruction during some encounters. Unfortunately there are some encounters that call for you to be able to deal damage while also moving around. Obviously while destruction, you are casting direct damage spells that require you to stand in one spot while you spam spells that have over a 1.5 second cast time. Henceforth if you plan on using destruction as your primary raid spec, i would suggest haste, tons and tons of haste. My gem priority goes as follows. red sockets are for runed cardinaly rubies(23 spellpower), Reckless Ametrines(12 spellpower and 10 haste) and blue sockets as of right now are purified dreadstones(12 spellpower and 10 spirit), but in 3.3.3 your glyph of lifetap will get its bonus from spellpower and not your spirit so you will need to regem accordingly. But for those fights that you have to be constantly moving around while maintaining a high level of DPS, you will need an affliction offspec. In this spec your 2 most powerful spells are instant cast and they are also dots which means that even when you are running around not casting anything, they are still ticking away at about 3-6k damage every second or so depending on how much haste you have and wether or not you have the glyph of quick decay. Plus when the boss hits 25% health, you get to spam drain soul for anywhere from 6 to 15k crits per tick until the boss is dead while your haunt, corruption, curse of agony and unstable affliction are still dealing their damage, awesome spec for that 7 minute beserk timer on festergut. Plus your corruptions dot ticks become faster with your haste which means the same Spellpower haste, spirit priority on gems works for affliction as well as destro, so you can use the same 2 gear sets.

Play what is most fun to you playstyle wise, but understand there may be limitations attached. As stated in ICC alot of fights are very mobile, destro locks DPS suffers when they have to move alot. Improved Imp glyph helps here as your Imp will be a steady source of DPS, over say incinerate.

I have the exact opposite problem strangely enough, I DPS about 5k on dummy, but average 6-6.5 in ICC on average prob due to AE pulls, bosses like Saurfang where I dont have to move much about 6k.

get life tap glyph helps so much i was helpin my bro with his warlock today he was doin 2.6k dps on heroic dummy around same gear as you i was like you should be pulling way more... looked online got life tap glyph and conflag glyph different rotation and got him doin 4k dps with fel armor and grand firestone on heroic dummy it helps a lot

Yes don't forget fel armor and firestone on you weapon. If you use affliction, use the other weapon buff. Also, always have a flask 125 SP for raids and I keep the SP potion for Heroics.

I am struggling with what I think I should do vs what I am doing as well but lifetap is key you have to keep it up in your rotaion and don't move unless you absolutley have to move this will keep your DPS up. Depending on what needs to be done if you can spam the boss from start to finish you should have a high DPS if you have to take care of adds etc we take to long to ramp up to max DPS so your meter will be less as well.

Also never clip you Immolate DOT you loose a lot of DPS over the whole fight (I continueally see myself recast the DOT before it drops to 0 it does matter). Also, don't cast incenerate when Immolate is down.

All this is easy on a dummy but I have to really work on not clicking or keying the wrong spell at the wrong time when everything is going down.

Thanks everyone. Your opinions are help greatly. I just upgraded a few pieces of gear and my dps has already gone up. Im still working gear wise. I know I will get there eventually.

Thanks Again !!

i had the same problem as you. i went to elitist jerks to see if they could help but unfortunately no. it turned out that my rotation was working better then theirs <.<
    rotation goes like this : CotE, immol, chaosB, conflag and spam incin til chaosB is back up then repeat. why chaosB right after immol? there is a small time right after u cast immol where u cannot cast conflag so for that half second ur sitting there doing nothing (wich is bad) so i just put a nuke un there (i.e. chaosB, incin etc...) and it drives my dps up way faster then just immol then strait conflag. i also noticed that CotE adds a good amount more dps then strait CoD (unless there is another warlock in the raid/group, then wich we talk who is casting what since CotE does not stack with multiple warlocks) i also use the imp. shadow bolt for the boost to crit and i noticed it helps my dps a LOT. i am currently un enchanted with medeocre gems at the most and i pull 4k+ dps in icc and can pull 6k+ on heroic dummy and some trash mobs (if i get my rotation off b4 the mob dies that is) but anyway the big thing is the nuke between immol and conflag imo

hope my info helps

i be Rogtan on US realm Anub'arak, check me out if ya want to

What's your fps like? When I play my lock on my PC my fps is in the green vs when I play on my laptop which is in the red ( low reds). In heroics I think I have an average of 1-2k increase in heroics and sometimes double that in raids.

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread