+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ret Pally, Assistance needed.

Ret Pally, Assistance needed.

Hey guys, i recently respecced from being a pally tank to dps, as i enjoy it alot more, however i seem to be hitting a wall as far as dps goes.

Am currently using seal of corruption, rotation goes something like this:

Judgement of light --> Divine storm --> Consecration --> Crusader Strike -->Exorcism -->Holy wrath(if undead or demon)

Am also using the rule of FCFS as far as repeats go, but i seem to be getting stuck at around 3.5-3.8k dps in raids,

Armory is here: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...me=Invincibelf

Would changing my seal help at all? what can i do gear wise? (I know about helm and im working for emblem one)

Any tips or advice on how to improve would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

--Invincibelf.

Well I am about to head to work so I am in a hurry atm,
    But the first thing I notice is that you are way over hit cap and you lack any kind of tier bonus.
    Consider picking up 2 or 4pc T9 the set bonuses are pretty solid and will help your damage. Ill maybe check over your armory a little more later if I get time.

Looks like that's my next target after emblem helm then. although is it really worth sacrificing str for the sake of set bonus? also what are your views on seal choice? :S
    Last edited by Invincibelf; 02-22-2010 at 08:56 AM.

I assume you're talking about gemming for socket bonii, but yes it's generally worth it for a yellow socket, if that's all you need to activate a +4STR or better bonus.

Your rotation is a little off; it should be HoW > Judge > CS > DS > Consecration > Exo (with AoW only) > Holy Wrath (only if you have tons of mp somehow).

Talents. not sure why you went for Divine Intellect but skipped over Pursuit of Justice. Dunno how you'll mete justice if you can't pursue it.

Using Corruption generically is fine, any fight with constant adds that need to die you might consider Command (think HM Anubarak) or Righteousness (think Putricide) but otherwise it's our best dps seal. Also, your libram only activates on Corruption ticks.

T10 2-set is pretty wild, as is T9 2-set, getting either of those is a huge damage upgrade.

You're way over hit-cap with Mark of Supremacy, which is a pretty bleh trinket with how plentiful hit is on plate. Get a Greatness STR deck, or even a Mirror of Truth (or both, the exp trinket is kind of blah too).

Your helm is gemmed poorly, though I suppose you've said you're replacing it. Use a Relentless Earthstorm Diamond when you do, and activate the blue requirement with a Nightmare Tear, preferably in your chestpiece's blue socket.
    Last edited by Maat; 02-22-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Awesome feedback maat, kinda what i was looking for. also i read somewhere that exp should be around 200 for ret pallies? mine is around 187, so i think ill keep that trink, ill look into mirror of truth as im a pooradin who cannot afford a deck. regarding the helm yeah im replacing it today hopefully with triumph emblem one. thanks again for the info on sockets, as before i've only had to gem stamina or def rating (Avoidences came from proccs/trinkets).

Will bear all of this in mind, cheers for the feedback!

The Exp trinket is basically very bad, because you won't get the full effect of the On Use stacks. The passive is also extremely under-budget.

Expertise is kind of a non-issue for Ret because the Seal of Vengeance glyph gives us 10 for basically free. I think you need around 132 rating to get the remaining 16 expertise, which is basically your boots + T9 or T10 legs of any flavor.

Good point, i hadnt looked into glyphs as of yet (epic fail)

one trinket i am currently aiming for is Death's Choice, from twin valkyrs on 25man, as it seems perfect with the huge str buff. it's the poor mans deck imo, thanks again.

Moved to Halp! section.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Invincibelf View Post
    Good point, i hadnt looked into glyphs as of yet (epic fail)

one trinket i am currently aiming for is Death's Choice, from twin valkyrs on 25man, as it seems perfect with the huge str buff. it's the poor mans deck imo, thanks again.
    Not even a poor man's deck, it's actually better than the deck. Death's Choice is still BiS for a number of melee classes, as far as I've heard. The attack power won't be multiplied by King's, but the raw attack power on it is more than the Greatness card +10% increase, which would put you only about 99 strength or 198 attack power.

Judgement of Light is bad, use Wisdom cause you will run out of mana faster than a speeding bullet. T9.5 gear is what should be a target point for getting into ICC, Frost badge T10 is worthwhile if you can collect enough of the badge but getting the Libram and haste trinket are two BiS items that would be worth getting out of the way if you are capable of having a trinket like Death's Choice or at least the Darkmoon Card: Greatness (Strength). Gun for T9.5 and save Frost badges for the Libram and either a T10 piece or haste trinket.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    Not even a poor man's deck, it's actually better than the deck. Death's Choice is still BiS for a number of melee classes, as far as I've heard. The attack power won't be multiplied by King's, but the raw attack power on it is more than the Greatness card +10% increase, which would put you only about 99 strength or 198 attack power.
    It is BiS still but the Card is just as good till you can obtain it. Issue is the drop rate is low and there are far too many DPS classes that want it.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

although is it really worth sacrificing str for the sake of set bonus?
    2pc t9? Hell yes.
    also what are your views on seal choice? :S
    With your t9 libram Corruption is nice, the str proc is pretty sexy. This does have a slight ramp up in damage until you reach the full stacks.
    For that reason (as maat stated) for trash and adds you want to use command. I disagree with using seal of righteousness for putricide, this was discussed in our raid group last week. Righteousness is an obsolete seal that cant really out damage corruption or command.

Once you get your t9 2pc. Consider using STR/CRIT gems to fill yellow sockets that have also have str bonuses.

Feel free to check my armory : http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...has&name=Xdega
    or Lore's armory: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...edar&name=Lore

If you really are serious about improving your damage, I would definitely advise you to pick up epic gems also. It is relatively easy to get a stack of Epic gems these days via honor or triumph badges and it can certainly make a difference.

That's about it for now, maat really covered it well.

thanks alot to everyone who posted in this thread, now i have some direction, managed to farm my 2pc t9 set today, and am currently aiming to farm for epic gems, as i am a pooradin. Special thanks to samius and maat though, really gave me some crucial information, and i really appreciate it.

Thanks alot guys! hope to be in ICC soon

+ Reply to Thread