+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Needing an Arms Spec

Tank Needing an Arms Spec

To meet a guild need, I took on a second set of talents and I am currently trying to build a decent Arms spec/gear set. I am spec'd for Polaxe (based on more internet research than personal experience) and the gear set I am working seems to be doing well. I am trying to fine tune the gems and enchants and have come across some conflicts between theorycrafters online.

My ArPen is at about 50.53%, AP is 4K, Hit is at about 7.52%, and Expertise is at 11 (2.75%), crit is 35.22%.

Should I continue to gem/enchant for Hit/Expertise? Go for ArPen only? Str?

I appreciate any advice.Thank you

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ermin+of+Death

11 Exp is really low. Definately wanna bring that up.

Well, the most surefire way to tell if you need to up your expertise is to download landsoul's spreadsheet from the Elitist Jerks forums.

First and foremost: change the gem in your helm to the 21 agi/3% crit dmg meta gem and fill one of your blue sockets (that gives the largest Str bonus, I'd suggest the one in your chestpiece) with a Nightmare Tear. You definitely should budget some Triumph badges to pick up some T9 pieces. Definitely replace your leggings with the T9 leggings and pick up the T9 gloves as well. That will net you the very sweet 2pc T9 bonus of an extra 6% ArP in Battle Stance. Try to pick up some trophies in ToC and go for the iLvl 245 tier gear if possible. The pants alone will get you almost all the expertise you need, and the gloves will boost you far enough over the hit cap that you won't have to gem for it at all.

Once you've done that, your largest DPS gain will be to gem purely ArP in all Red/Blue sockets, with 10str/10crit gems in any yellow sockets, including the yellow socket in your helm.

Doing all that should net you a substantial DPS increase.

ONE MOAR THING: Definitely swap Glyph of Overpower for Glyph of Rending. I would also take the two points you have in Unbridled Wrath and put them into Booming Voice. At your gear level, you should never have any rage issues, and with the Glyph of Battle, your Battle Shout will only need to be hit twice in most any fight. Lastly, depending on your raid make-up, Improved Demoralizing Shout might have more raid utility than Commanding Presence.
    Last edited by Sunderwhere; 02-20-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added talent/glyph advice + links
    Mallok: Don't try to force the square peg into the round hole, if you get it in there, it's uncomfortable for both.
    Ciderhelm: Probably feels pretty good for the square peg.

Thank you for the advice. I will do so.

+ Reply to Thread