+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Tanking and ICC

Frost Tanking and ICC

Hello

I enjoy frost tanking.Currently i am using dual with a blood tanking offspec for certain fights.
    Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gan&cn=Apistia
    I would like to hear opinions and suggestion on my train of thought:

1.I am using blood for rotface, OT in Blood queen and OT sindragosa, which is our current progress boss.
    My reasoning is the heavy amount of magical dmg, and the fact that none of the spell-efense talents in these 2 specs help enough to spend points(spell deflect is too low a chance and acclimation is even worse as it also eneds to stack.)I would like to use 1 spec for all fights, but i am afraid the difference might be enough to make me a be a "bad" guy if i dont use my offspec as a situational boss spec.

2.I want imp icy talons as our 10man grp does not have a enh shaman and canot invlude one atm.
    The lesser loss on my frost spec would be 2 points from merciless combat and 4 from bladed armor.Dont rly care for merciless but the loss of near 800 ap is frightening.IS it worth is if it brining a raid buff?

3.What if i went 2h frost?
    a.Is Dual>2h in terms of weapons dmg being used for special skills?
    b.I know slow 1h >2h in terms of stats
    c.dual<2h regarding stamina

Missed anything?
    So either way i am trading threat for raid buffing.Is it worth it?

4.In a 25 setup with the amount of refreshment+ 2 points in sob and dual wielding, i get lots of rp.Does using OB and as a result spending my runes come first?So in a 25 setup with replenish it is possible and likely to get runic overcap.Is it wrong to use my runes while i watch rp overflooding or a neccesary evil?

I eagerly await critisicm.

ok here goes.
    1) if you want an offspec that eats magic damage blood is not the way to go, unholy is.
    2) personially I dont use imp icy tallons but It can be very helpfull. I would say you need to find the balance between threat and the buff to decide if its worth it.
    3) 2h frost. No. not worth it, not as effective, not as good as using a 2h in the other specs.
    4) to keep rp from overflowing I like to bind rune strike to my oblit and blood strike. other than that frost strike is my main rp skill.

So overall I prefer threat over the buff but in reality its up to you and what your raid needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Dont you ever get overcap on rp in 25 setup even by spamming rune strike as much as u can?

my rp usuially sits between 20 and 60. i dont like to use frost strike if i have less than 60 rp so i am always able to use rune strike or ibf. Frost strike fo rme is a good filler. all in all i consider rp a non issue for myself as its always there when i need it. yes there are often times where my rp will top off but it gets used fairly quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Hmmm, well to be clear, replenishment feeds mana, not RP. SoB will help you generate extra RP, but there is no reason to run out of RP. Here's why:

1.) RS use, used promptly will keep a relatively quick bleed on your RP, but unless you're boosting avoidance a lot which is very rare, it will not dump all your RP on its own even without SoB.

2.) RP Dumping! Regardless of spec, the ideal place to use your dump (FS/DC) is in Rune blackouts. Blood will generally generally have the fewest blackouts unless you are spamming DS. Frost will have many more blackouts but also can usually get more tools to fill those gaps (with FS glyph, CotG, and SoB).

In general, regardless of spec, buffs, or other factors, if you are maxing out your RP frequently I suspect there are things you could be doing to use your skills better.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread