+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it true

Is it true

That on the next patch htey are removing titansteel cooldwons?
    an if so when is this patch coming

and alos wont this just rip the **** out of the value of titansteel and make mining as a profession a bit pointless?

- It's currently in the patch notes
    - It's coming "soon", on PTRs now so I'd estimate at least a couple of weeks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that post 3.3.3, the best way to make these items will be:
    - dig up tons of saronite (easy) and titanium (rare)
    - make saronite bars from the saronite ore
    - transmute them (no cd) to titanium bars
    - smelt titanium bars with primals into titansteel bars (no cd)

If that's the case, wouldn't that drive up the price of titanium and saronite ore? If that's all true, doesn't that make mining potentially more profitable than it is now?

very possible altho the amount of titansteel available will sky rocket
    making its value drop alot leading to it being harder to sell
    which means no one will bother to make it
    which means why bother buying the titanium bar in the first place?
    but i could be wrong

Well, if no one bothers to make it, the price will stay high.

I imagine it will still shoot the price in the foot, but the thing to remember is that you can produce it faster too.
    It may suffer a 50% or even 75% drop in price, but it'll have a vastly superior production rate.

Supply and Demand, Supply increases and demand stays the same means the price drops. Econ 101, (well actually for me it was ECON142).

Edit: demand might increase a little since it will be more available and therefore people might want to get more items, and if the supply still isn't outstripping the demand for titansteel then people might make more money because they are producing more, but over time I think not only will supply increase significantly, demand will increase after the honeymoon period of the items being more prevalent so demand will fall too.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

They are also allowing frozen orbs to be traded in for misc. crafting mats from the earlier instances and lowering the required runed orbs for most recipes. Should drastically increase the availability of pre-made gear, but also lowering the price.

I think they decided to do this because dated crafted gear is not attractive when you can grind badges for better gear.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

True, the supply will far outweigh the demand, and the price will drop, but I don't think it will bottom out. The thing to remember is that the price will likely not fall below the combined cost of three Titanium bars, an Eternal Earth, an Eternal Fire, and an Eternal Shadow, as at that point the profit margin is gone. This will ensure that the price still stays somewhat reasonable, while allowing for greater production rates.

Coincidentally, savvy Auctioneers will likely try and corner the market on Titanium Bars and Eternals right before the patch goes live, if this stays in.

Personally, if the Cooldown is removed I think the best time to turn a profit is right away. Gather all the mats to make tons of titansteel, then as soon as it hits convert them all and sell the Titansteel at a cost that is signifacantly less then the current price, but not as low as it will fall to in a matter of days...
    ...but I'm not going to speculate any farther, and ruin my chance of turning a buck.

i think i may hold on to mining just long enough to make some money during the 'honeymoon period'
    then bin it and do JC for 34 gems

i still think it has devalued mining as a profession

My problem ATM is not only the titanium ore but also the primals.
    I use those for xmuting epic gems and I stopped farming some time ago. So my supply of gems and primals will run out around mid-2011.
    Coming to think of it, my problem is titanium ore. I hardly find any.

My servers economy has gone from weird to bizarre. Green quality gems(esp. nephrite) sell for more than blue quality gems. Saronite ore doesn't sell at all.
    And I have transmuted and used about 60 titan steel. Demand isn't that high since the ICC25 saronite still goes for 3k-5k so ATM nobody crafts that. I've seen Breastplate of the White Knight(which is awesome) drop to 2k and it still hardly sells at that price even tho it isn't readily replacable by cheap ICC drops from the first 4 pugable bosses.

Prices for frozen orbs have already risen above prices for primals. It now is on par with shadow. Shadow now is more expensive than the new bullets/arrows.

I don't even want to predict how these changes will affect my servers economy.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

im glad to here im not the only one with a totally naff economy! (no offense)
    same here frozen orbs have already hit 45G
    titansteel bar is under 100G
    crafted such a saronite sword breakers under 2k and thats if they sell at all
    titanium bar is 14g each
    the only thing still selling ok is cardinal ruby and scarlet ruby

i am totally lost at where to take my professions next to be honest

maybe its blizzards attempt at puttin us through a recession :P

Don't, I repeat, don't expect to make money on the AH.
    Even my once lucrative income source of Enchants dried up. Cut stones sell for barely more than the raw stones. For less if they are of blue quality.

Try to be self sufficient or find cheap ways to craft stuff and DE it.
    My enchanter/jewelcrafter/blacksmith/alchemist/herbinator make me nearly self sufficient. I would be lacking a leatherworker or tailor but leveling those just for the leg enchants wouldn't make sense. In most cases I have the mats and friends.
    I constantly monitor the AH for opportunities for a sale but I wouldn't invest in stuff that's expensive to craft. Just keep an eye peeled if soemthing has gone into short supply and then sell.

As I always said: nobody has become rich selling choppers.
    If I can only earn 100g on a Breastplate of the White Knight I won't risk crafting it.

The only thing that seems to sell is Fish Feasts. But if you compare the time you spend fishing to other income sources then I guess you are wasting time. Running dungeons, doing quick daylies(on multiple characters) and not spending money on the AH still are the most reliable ways to make money.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

its a shame because i basically only get on 3 evenings a week 2 of which im raiding so selling crafteds that i was making around 500-1000G on was a really good amount of money for time spent.

lets just hope primordial drops enough in price that i can start crafting icc items as undoubtedly they will sell for the meantime

+ Reply to Thread