Closed Thread

Thread: What happened to Tankspot

What happened to Tankspot

Every week i check back on the site to check out what is going on. As far as i could tell way back in the day this site was for tanks alone. Dont get me wrong im sure that every other class deserves info for them as well but come on this is just getting to be silly now. The best thing as of late that you guys had going was the marm videos from Lore. No offence to aliena but it seems like she was brought in after the site started to get upset that there was a BE on the front page. Now the only thing that its about tanks is the strat videos done through a tanks POV. And even those seem to be coming less and less. When was the last time Ciderhelm did a video, since i play a Prot war his video's were the ones that i always looked forward too. I dont mind that $$ have started to influence stuff around here you guys are trying to get your piece of the action to and there is nothing wrong with this. But please take a look over the site Name of this place is TANKSPOT not what every crap we wanna advertise for Blizz. No offence Lore but wth does SC2 have to do with Tankspot. Did the terrans create a War or Pal marine, probobly not. Lets keep the none related stuff off the front page since it has absuluty nothing to do with what this site use to be imo.

official forums are that-a-way --->

same old Tankspot, if anything, it has MORE useful content. Adapt and overcome, don't whine and be dumb.

Maintenance day really brings out the worst in people! (or trolls!)
    I've been visiting the site for a long time, and i for one welcome all the changes and diversification. There are lots of very talented people here that contribute, officially or just as repliers to forums. Please keep it up!

/sigh

The site is better then it ever has been. Being healed is apart of tanking. Understanding the dynamics of the entire encounter is critical to making informed decisions.

People grow, projects evolve. If you don't like go elsewhere, no one forces you to come to tankspot, let the rest of us enjoy it. This is still the best tanking reference on the interwebz.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Personally I like to see the other sides of the fight rather than just saying "n00b healer couldn't get me back up to full health."

Informed decisions is a good way to put it, understanding the entire encounter, not just the tanking part. Honestly, how many people have only a tank spec nowadays? Not many.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

as above a tanks job is to know about all aspects IMO i think this site is still awesome to be honest

Good lord. This thread has been done before, and in more intelligent ways. If you're going to lobby for a return to the "good old days," here's a hint: Don't insult the people running the site.

As far as I'm concerned, the site is still the best tanking resource out there. There is a huge knowledge base here just waiting to be tapped if you can stop worrying about whether or not they're also talking about healing and Starcraft.

....wait, they are talking about Starcraft?

/join discussion
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I agree with majority of the posters this site is still about tanks (hence the name) however tanking is not a monopoly since tank survival depends on heals, therefore, discussion on healing on this site is beneficial, and progression in raids requires efficient damage per second classes. Hence, threads discussing how to be an efficient player of this Caliber. I think the discussion of other classes is beneficial to us tanks because it gives is different perspectives and it gives non-tank classes a perspective (and idea) on how to be better or to the least, what works better for tanks.

As for the mentioning of starcraft 2 who cares? The good thing about the internet is you have the choice to not read it.
    Last edited by MuddyPuddy; 02-23-2010 at 09:59 AM.

1st off im not insulting the site. I have drawn more usful info from this site than the rest of em i know about. What i am complaining about is a lack of Ciderhelm videos and this site advertising other blizz crap. What does SC2 have to do with the site???? Cause lore likes it we should all acept that its part of WoW. Well on that aspect why is there not infor on this site for other MMO's. I am aware that i can read anything i want on the inet but when i watch a Marmot video i expect it to be about WoW not SC. Since LK went live it seems like the people doing the video's for general "WoW" info are nowhere to be found and if and when they are they talk nothing about the game!

-Has our tanking content dwindled? No, there hasn't been as many changes lately, and sadly, tanking PoV on a lot of fights are simply "stand here, move out of fire, keep aggro". There hasn't been any specifically challenging fights from a tanking standpoint lately, and having another PoV sometimes help show better aspects of the fight.

-Has our content expanded? Yes, but that doesn't take away from tanking, go to the forums, it's mostly still tanking, with some spattering of DPS, and general banter, but the majority of the content here is still about tanking, and it's out there faster and more often due to our expanded community.

-Project Marmot != Tanks. Project Marmot has always, and always will be, a raid tool for all classes to use to help in their encounters throughout WoW. it was never, and will never be, made specifically for tanks because that was not the goal in the creation of them in the first place, the simple fact that Cider did all of the Naxx ones back then was because he had the time to, and he didn't have the awesome author's we have now to help.

-Weekly Marmot != Tanks. The weekly marmot is basically a Vlog of 2 of our author's here, what they put up there is mainly for the enjoyment of our viewers and to discuss whatever is on their mind with some ties to WoW. They can talk about Raid leading and Loot council which helps tons of players, but isn't necessarily tank centric. They talk about healing, or dps'ing, or bugs, or what they did for christmas, it's a supplement to the site, it's not the only thing our site has to offer. And if you bothered watching Lore's video you'd even see that he said he'd do a separate video about SC2 simply because he likes it, and he wants to do it, and he's sure many people would be willing to watch (myself included and I already have a Beta Key). If you don't care for SC2 as he anticipated many wouldn't, then don't watch the SC2 marmot videos he puts up, as he will STILL put up weekly Marmot (wow related) videos still.

Again, the pushing point is, no content is lost by our expansion, all previous content pertaining to tanking is still here, and is still the primary focus for most of our forums and discussion, supplementing it with cool raid videos, some healing guides, some dps advice, and even some StarCraft II and comical banter does NOT take away from the content still here. It's a wonderful thing this internet, it's all there for you to view, you just need to want to look for it and not be lazy.

Thread closed. Any future threads opened complaining about this topic will be met with a 3 day ban because frankly, it's insulting to the staff here who work hard (staying up till 3-4am to get videos published for you guys to see every week).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread