+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for healing help? Start here!

Quote Originally Posted by azoid View Post
    hey there, i'm having a couple of problems, that i dont understand...

so, first, holy palas should be allways on the top of healings right?, my question is, why i'm not!
    Normaly palas can heal 60k's,and i dunno why, my max heal is 20k, and my actual gear is not so bad (wowarmory)
    so, i dunno why i allways do a crappy heal , i have all right gems, enchants....

I allways use flash light/holy on thanks, using beacon of light on Main tank/off tank. and on some damage situations Holy shock.

Maybe is my spec, the reason of my crap heals ?
    My gear?

Help me pls

Thanks
    I think the bigger question is where are you getting your information from. Let's break it down...

Pallies generally are up there because of beacon of light. If you are looking at straight HPS here: http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...n_Citadel/hps/ you will see the top players tend to be either druids or paladins, with priests taking the spotlight on the Lich King with a splattering of shamans here and there. With beacon and Holy Light spam and if you are the one keeping judgement of light up, your HPS should be through the roof.

Taking a random paladin http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wp...?s=1227&e=1487 you'll see his average holy light hit for 9k, average crit for 11.8k. Again, average, so some more, some less. If you are talking about the video of the paladin that did the 60k holy lights here is how it was done:
    lol dude, you realize that at this point, im gemmed full spellpower, im sitting at 3100sp raid buffed, then add in vampiric blood from the DK (35%), guardian spirit (20%), avenging wrath (20%), and 3/3 touched by the light under the prot tree (30% critical healing increase), imp devotion aura, (6%), and some well done timing. also, watch my scrolling combat text and cast bar, thats not lay on hands, i can only do LoH once O.o and if you look on my action bars, i dont hit it once,
    That's not something you would do normally.

I am looking for some help regarding Heroic Halls of Reflection healing.
    My character is a Holy Priest, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ore&cn=Blessed

I have been queued several times in the past few days for this dungeon and I just don't know what is going on. I know the encounters, having breezed through in non-heroic mode( which is way too easy for how crazy heroic is ), but it just feels like I am unable to keep everyone alive.

It usually starts ok, but after the first wave or 2 the tank starts dropping faster than I can keep him up. I constantly keep PoM going, but after that ticks on the tank I have to start spamming FoL, trying to mix in a CoH or a Prayer of Healing. The FoL spam doesnt let me heal anyone else and so one of the dps usually drops and thats pretty much game over since there is no time to rez.

I am speced for renew but I may change that since I rarely use it. I havent tried Disc on this encounter yet as I have felt up to this point that group damage is alot easier to deal with in Holy.

The group I ran with was all from another guild and the Tank was definately geared enough having some ToC 25 man gear so my guess is that I am doing something wrong. Either that or I dont have the stats yet to handle this instance. Do I just suck? I know that I should have shackled one of the casters, which I wasnt doing for fear of getting trained on, so that is something I can improve on.

No other dungeon is any problem, even Pit of Saron so having this type of difficulty is certainly a shock. Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

HoR is no easy breeze. You'd also be surprised at how well disc will handle group healing with PW:S spam, especially at smaller group sizes.

Going over your gear, you have a heavy focus on spirit. You'll want to change this out, the gems either going to Spellpower+Spirit or straight spellpower if you plan on being disc. Spellpower enchants for your weapon, and for your bracers and swap out the 10 mp5 enchant on your chest to +10 stats. I'd also recommend Tuskarr's Vitality over your boot enchant, as the run speed is not something to be dismissed). You're missing enchants on your head, shoulders, cloak, gloves and a belt buckle for your belt. Getting these proper enchants and gems will give your spells a bit more "umph". If you aren't having mana issues, swap out intellect gems to spellpower + int gems. Spec wise you are close enough, review the holy guide if you want to see the raiding spec, however I don't think your talent choices will cause problems in a 5 man, I would replace the renew glyph as it is a HPS loss.

With that out of the way, lets look at technique. As I can't fully comment, having not been there at all, I can only offer advice on what I think may improve your game. If you continue to try as holy, especially if you keep the same spec, you'll want to use renew more, especially on the tank. This provides a measure of leeway so you can focus healing elsewhere if needed. Keep it on the tank and people taking damage and it'll relieve your healing stress. If you intend on dropping renew for a more flash oriented build, you'll want to keep a point in empowered renew for Holy Concentration and Surge of Light proc's for when you do use it (which you should still do at least on the tank). You'll probably have a harder time this way then if you were disc.

If you go disc (which I suggest you do) simply PW:S everyone. Everyone! PoM on the tank, Penance for burst healing, flash otherwise.

Otherwise there's not much else we can help with other then practice. It may be that the tank was not as good as you think and your next run will go better. It may be you just made some simple mistakes and will fix it. Good luck in your next run.

I will have to queue up as Disc and give it a shot. I was Disc almost exclusively until a couple days ago and decided to give Holy a shot and really enjoyed the level of interaction that Holy brings. I do find that I have to drink more in Holy versus Disc so thats part of why I have put in the int gems. I will take a look at re-gemming. I am an enchanter and am almost high enough to get those last few recipes so that is why some of the enchants arent quite there yet.

I had read everything about the renew glyph and I think I see now why it is recommended against, guess I just had to try it for myself.

During all of the tries I had this feeling that every GCD was critical. Missing one to pop a renew just felt like I was further behind now, same as dispelling. Some of the dots are really nasty but just cranking out heals on the tank didnt leave much time to dispell the group, mass dispell could work out pretty well there but I would want to glyph for it.
    I suppose by dropping a shield, mending and a flash heal that should buy me time to pop out 1 or 2 renews..

I would like to move the 2 points from B&S into Healing Prayers and maybe pull the 5 points from Spell Warding into Empowered Healing. Do those sound like decent moves?

I love that this is a fight where coordination is very important.. its very unfortunate that Bliz let us go so long without needing to actually use CC and actual group strategy.. I just want to finish it

If anyone else has some details about how they ran the fight I would appreciate it. This is the first time from original WoW uptil now, this character leveled during the hayday when mechanics werent known, that I felt like I was the weak link.

Having said that what are the dps requirements? I looked back over the fight recount and noticed that one of the dps was a little low ~ 1600, obviously if the mobs die faster its less of an issue but I would still like to feel like I could "carry" at least one person who isnt playing perfect because lets be honest we have all been there before where we needed someone to step up and help us out too.

Thought I touched on the renew glyph, apparently I didn't :P Basically the renew glyph only lets you refresh renew sooner. On a single target it means more healing, but as you deal with more targets it becomes harder to keep up, thus negating the purpose for the glyph entirely.

As for DPS requirements, for heroic you are looking at about 3k per I believe. Either way ~1600 is too low for heroic (and even regular I believe).

Thank you Amamaeth for your advice.
    I realized after looking at my Achievements that I had apparently completed H HoR the day before I got Dual Spec, which means I must have done it as Disc... I dont even remember running that instance before doing it as holy so im not sure what happened there.

Anyway, I ran it again last night as Disc and it was easier than most Pit runs... Maybe Holy isnt ideal for that instance or maybe I just dont have the rhythm for holy yet but Disc was WAY easier. Granted the group I was with was pretty epic, 50k bear tank makes everything easy.

Thank you again for the advice!

Hi there,

My gm recently asked me to level up my priest and get some gear for it at guild banks expense because we are in dire need of healers for our secondary raid group(attempt limited bosses ftw). I am here to seek your advise with the gearing part because I haven't touched the whole character since tbc so my information about priest healing is little out dated. I am looking for a solid set of BoE's and Tailoring stuff that will serve both holy and discipline. I guess the Primordial Saronite boots and leggings are obvious choice but after that I don't have a clue what I should spent the orbs and triumphs on. Merlin's Robe and Bejewel Bracers or the Royal Moonshrould counterparts? T9(Ilvl232) pieces or the Ilvl245 offset parts? What Triumph items I should not buy? Every reply is greatly respected since I have only given couple of days to fill a cap of 10lvls and about a year of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantanplan View Post
    Hi there,

My gm recently asked me to level up my priest and get some gear for it at guild banks expense because we are in dire need of healers for our secondary raid group(attempt limited bosses ftw). I am here to seek your advise with the gearing part because I haven't touched the whole character since tbc so my information about priest healing is little out dated. I am looking for a solid set of BoE's and Tailoring stuff that will serve both holy and discipline. I guess the Primordial Saronite boots and leggings are obvious choice but after that I don't have a clue what I should spent the orbs and triumphs on. Merlin's Robe and Bejewel Bracers or the Royal Moonshrould counterparts? T9(Ilvl232) pieces or the Ilvl245 offset parts? What Triumph items I should not buy? Every reply is greatly respected since I have only given couple of days to fill a cap of 10lvls and about a year of knowledge.
    Sorry for getting back to this so late. As far as what to get for craftables, as long as it doesn't have hit on it you'll be good basically. If you need more haste you'll probably want to pick up merlin's robe and and the bejeweled wizards bracers, the spirit on the moonshroud stuff will really only benefit holy at the moment. You'll want to pick up 2 piece t9 at least then decide if the difference in stats will be worth losing the 4 piece bonus. You'll probably want to run with 2 piece T9 and then off set 245 gear. Most people (including myself) went gloves and pants for T9 because they both give haste while the other pieces give crit. Obviously you'll have to weigh the pants choice vs the craftable pants to see which works better for you. Hope that helps.

Any reason why Tankspot doesn't have a Shaman healing guide? I've been having trouble finding one.

Shaman Guides

http://www.ensidia.com/forum_topic.p...topic_id=28844
    http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t24796-shaman_restoration/

Don't look at gear levels when picking gear, look at the HEP value if you want to max. Particularly with trinkets a lot of the higher level trinkets are bunk for shamans where as the 200 and 213 ones are awesome awesome awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Carterhova View Post
    Any reason why Tankspot doesn't have a Shaman healing guide? I've been having trouble finding one.
    We had one actually, but there was a lot of correction and debate going on that I believe it was un-stickied. You might be able to find it a couple pages back.

Debate?

I'm amused. enhancement is questionable right now, but resto is pretty set and has been since the changes that made haste the crack stat. The only debate is after 1260 haste should haste continue to be stacked or should people go with SP or crit with 4pc bonus? Oh, and viability of switching, in high end content, to Healing Wave vs Lesser Healing wave.

For the record with the right haste and mana rejuv Healing wave looks better. Haste is still awesome but crit is supposed to be just as good in T10 4pc gear fights where you don't single target heal.

There was also some debate about a haste totem but ability effort to sustain flame shock generated haste distracts from healing and ultimately was determined to not be worth it. Obviously some people will still debate that because the haste is beautiful.

Hi,
    I have a question in regards to the shammy mana totem and the paly blessings of wisdom. Do they stack? I read in a article dated 2009 that they did not stack, but no one to this point has yelled " he stupid drop the totem" and we all know how nice PuGs can be. Not sure if the info is outdated? Correct but not well known inthe community? Thanks!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ygos&cn=Calira

+ Reply to Thread