+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for healing help? Start here!

Looking for healing help? Start here!

First, start by reviewing the stickies above. Most classes have a specific guide and they provide a lot of good and detailed information.

If you still have a question, feel free to post and ask it, but keep in mind, to truly and thoroughly help you we need some information first. Specifically we need:
    1. Your question, be as specific as possible (this means if you are having trouble with something, detail what your trouble is!).
    2. An armory link of you or the person / persons in question, if relevant.
    3. If no armory link can be provided, then provide names, servers and region (US, EU etc).
    4. A link to a combat parse if relevant, preferably on World of Logs or similar site.
    5. Any other relevant data or information (spells used, gear links from WoWHead, etc).
    These things will provide us with enough information to provide a detailed response from one of our community members.
    Last edited by Amamaeth; 02-18-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Yep, it can be a bit annoying when someone who wants help doesn't link their armoury. I'd say this should be stickied.

I would note that this thread is mostly likely for specific questions, not "help, my healing sucks!" that would be for the guides or the "Halp!" section of the forums. Thanks Amamaeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    I would note that this thread is mostly likely for specific questions, not "help, my healing sucks!" that would be for the guides or the "Halp!" section of the forums. Thanks Amamaeth.
    Yes, it would be, but it hasn't quite 'clicked' for healers it seems. I would love to encourage people to use the "Halp!" forum but that seems an almost insurmountable challenge :P

I think it's because this forum seems to be the only place for healers. I never even thought to go into the Halp! forum before, and I just took a quick look at it now and it's pretty much full of tanking threads. So, if I were new, and I had a question about healing, I'd likely come to the Healing forum too.

Upon a second look, the description of the Halp! forum says; "For tanks: How's my talent spec, rate my armoury and other requests for help go here." So perhaps that would be contributing as well?

The description for the DPS forums also used to talk about just tanking classes as DPS, and it may still be that way. However, I was told a thread about my Warlock stuff in there would be fine. Tankspot was originally a community for Tanks, but it has evolved into much more. I agree that the section descriptions would help facilitate this. However, all we can do is suggest...

Well, generally, people who are looking for help aren't going to do an in-depth read through of things just to get someone to look at their armory. They probably should, but they just won't. Therefore, they're going to beeline for the forum appropriate for their class, and ask away, regardless of the rules. You can ban them when they do that, but they'll still do it, and you're just creating more work for yourself in the process.

Ultimately, you just need more or less understanding forum trolls who'll either give them the advice they need, or politely point them to the right forum. That, too, may be too much to ask.

I really don't think the thread was intended for this back and forth. I made a simple comment to hopefully direct people to the appropriate places while keeping this thread relevant and I already regret it. Let's get some questions here.

I really don't think the thread was intended for this back and forth. I made a simple comment to hopefully direct people to the appropriate places while keeping this thread relevant and I already regret it. Let's get some questions here.
    Hey, it's keeping it near the top :P

Here's a question: If you're a disc priest and you have noooooooooooooothing to do. Is it a good idea to simply pre-shield everyone? Assuming the raid often takes incidental raid damage, though not necessarily of the predictable sort.

Here's a question: If you're a disc priest and you have noooooooooooooothing to do. Is it a good idea to simply pre-shield everyone? Assuming the raid often takes incidental raid damage, though not necessarily of the predictable sort.
    If you have nothing to do and you not sticking to your target won't get anyone killed, go for it.

and the long winded answer: http://www.tankspot.com/entry.php?31...ling-Deviation

i am currently lvlling a holy priest (51), and have gotten a couple of comments asking me not to bubble the tank, as he does not generate rage otherwise, and therefore cannot keep threat......why would no other warrior tanks complain, and would this also affect feral druids?

That used to happen, but it was fixed quite some time ago. Feel free to bubble warriors as much as you like, they'll still gain rage.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Odene View Post
    That used to happen, but it was fixed quite some time ago. Feel free to bubble warriors as much as you like, they'll still gain rage.
    This. Additionally, you can link the talent which lets them GAIN rage
    Rapture (Rank 3)

Also, have Aliena yell at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistraven View Post
    i am currently lvlling a holy priest (51), and have gotten a couple of comments asking me not to bubble the tank, as he does not generate rage otherwise, and therefore cannot keep threat......why would no other warrior tanks complain, and would this also affect feral druids?
    To add on the above, the only tank you *wouldn't* want to shield is a pally tank. Their mana returns come from being healed directly and divine plea is generally not enough mana to tank without at least some spiritual attunement mana gains. However, this is only if the pally tank is over geared for the instance and you feel comfortable healing without shielding them.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndare&cn=Glyph

Heres my armory for starters, Im in icc10/25 content and for as long as I remember I have always socketed Luminious Ametrine and Seer eye of Zul. (12sp and 10int)(10int and 10spirit) But i see then going for 12 Sp and 10 spirit and Straight spell power. So my question would be When do I know when its okay to Socket pure spell power over a hybrid gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndare&cn=Glyph

Heres my armory for starters, Im in icc10/25 content and for as long as I remember I have always socketed Luminious Ametrine and Seer eye of Zul. (12sp and 10int)(10int and 10spirit) But i see then going for 12 Sp and 10 spirit and Straight spell power. So my question would be When do I know when its okay to Socket pure spell power over a hybrid gem?
    Which spec are we talking about gearing for? If you are talking about gearing specifically for your disc spec, you'd want spellpower gems unless the socket bonus is a spell power one and worth using a hybrid. For holy, you generally want to balance your stats between spellpower, haste, intellect, and spirit. Your gem choices for holy really come down to what you need more of, mana regen or throughput. If you use both regularly I suggest balancing with spellpower as your throughput stat (instead of haste). This gives you general effectiveness in either spec.

Yes, im gearing for holy. Also another quick question with spec, should i not dip down into Mental agility? would the points be better spent on empowered renew or empowered healing? I dont ever see any holy priests going down to mental agility even though it would benefit from PoM CoH renew etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
    Yes, im gearing for holy. Also another quick question with spec, should i not dip down into Mental agility? would the points be better spent on empowered renew or empowered healing? I dont ever see any holy priests going down to mental agility even though it would benefit from PoM CoH renew etc.
    Do you really have mana issues that would justify spending 4 more points (or 5 in your case, since imp pw:s isn't good for holy specs, and you shouldn't be using pw:s except for body and soul if you have it) in disc to benefit a small selection of your skills? As for where to put those points, 3 in blessed resilience for an overall 3% healing increase, then 1 in empowered renew at least to make renew have a chance to proc holy concentration. After that, you can put those left over points into emp renew or emp healing depending on if you use flash or renew as a filler spell.

hey there, i'm having a couple of problems, that i dont understand...

so, first, holy palas should be allways on the top of healings right?, my question is, why i'm not!
    Normaly palas can heal 60k's,and i dunno why, my max heal is 20k, and my actual gear is not so bad (wowarmory)
    so, i dunno why i allways do a crappy heal , i have all right gems, enchants....

I allways use flash light/holy on thanks, using beacon of light on Main tank/off tank. and on some damage situations Holy shock.

Maybe is my spec, the reason of my crap heals ?
    My gear?

Help me pls

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread