+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weapon enchant for pala tank

weapon enchant for pala tank

hi there ! i was wondering what enchant for weapon would be best for paladin tank, i saw many tanks with mongoose, blade ward and blood draining and I'm not sure wich one would be best ;s blade ward and blood draining would be better for off tanks imo and that kind of tanks who are tanking only trashes but what about main tank ? any suggestions ?

Blade Ward and Mongoose are the most popular ones. Mongoose procs often and gives you dodge, threat and armour. Mongoose would be your best and safest bet.

Mongoose is always better than Bladeward, so don't go Bladeward. If you want other options:

Blood Draining provides a nice smart heal with high (nearly 100%) uptime. The downside is it takes time to stack, but even 1 or two stacks are helpful.
    Accuracy is more threat than Mongoose as long as you aren't hit capped.

In general, I would say choose between Mongoose, Accuracy, and Blood Draining.

well yeah mongoose gives me dodge + armor but even if I have 29% dodge and 21% parry unbuffed should I take it instead of Blade Ward which gives me parry ?

Well, Blade Ward is more suited for warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Voddy View Post
    I don't follow.

Care to back that up with some numbers or a link? From everything I've read, Blade Ward is an inferior enchant for any tank.

The procc rate is increased for warriors, and since it is awful for them, judging from the statistics I was previously looking at, it has to be even more awful for paladins.

EDIT: I didn't mean that Warriors should definitely use Blade Ward, I just meant, out of all the classes that can tank, Warrior probably has a better chance of making more use out of it. Mongoose ---> Blade Ward in all tanking classes atm.

The procc rate is increased for warriors, and since it is awful for them, judging from the statistics I was previously looking at, it has to be even more awful for paladins.
    Maybe you should have worded your post differently, "more suited for warriors" implies that it would be good for a warrior. Better wording would have been "less bad for warriors than it is for paladins, but still bad".

Read my edit.

Mongoose is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujaq View Post
    well yeah mongoose gives me dodge + armor but even if I have 29% dodge and 21% parry unbuffed should I take it instead of Blade Ward which gives me parry ?
    The Armor is still going to push it over at that level.

+ Reply to Thread