Thread: Hitting Taunt Immunity in P3 of Putricide tonight

Hitting Taunt Immunity in P3 of Putricide tonight

Last week we got our first kill of PP and had no problems whatsoever with taunts going immune in P3. We used the 2/2/2-3/3/3-4/4/4 strat. Tonight we had an issue in P3. I was the 3rd tank and when it was my turn to taunt the second time, I got taunt immunity, and one thing leading to another resulted in a wipe at like 2%.

I'm not entirely sure what happened but have been trying to figure out. The other two tanks tonight were different from the other two tanks we used last week in our first kill.

Here are the logs of last week and this week if anyone wants to look at them. I did for a bit but couldn't seem to find anything except for maybe the other Warrior tank using Mocking Blow...

Last Week: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=1243&e=1782

Tonight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...=10671&e=11228

It's not a huge deal as we'll probably end up killing him again tomorrow anyway but it is eating away at me.

Do 2/2/2 - 4/4/4 and you won't hit taunt immunity. Your damage output to the raid won't change much by doing that instead of 2/2/2-3/3/3-4/4/4

If you rotate so that the last tank to receive the first buff keeps him until he's got the second buff, you won't run into DR. It would end up as (tank nr) 1, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3.

The overall damage output on the raid would be similar with both a 2/4 and a 1/2/3/4 rotation, but you'll run into bigger numbers quicker due to the debuff damage scaling higher on a bigger amount of stacks. 1 = 275, 2 = 750, 3 = 2000, 4 = 4500.

We've also had taunt immunity issues, we've ended up doing 1-1-3-3-3-4-4-4, in order to keep time at 4 stacks to a minimum, at 1 stack takes 250-300 per application, at 2 stacks 600-750, at 3 stacks 1500-1800 and at 4 stacks 4000-4400 (these numbers are from our last kill).

So three tanks at 3 stacks (9 total) = 1800*3 = 5400 (using highest number)
    Three tanks at 4 and one at one (9 total) = 4000*2+250 = 8250 (using lowest number)
    Sorry if my numbers or logic is wrong but to me you really want to hold off on 4 stacks for as long as possible, unless you're killing him very quickly in P3.
    Last edited by Shortypop; 02-17-2010 at 02:58 AM.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by markv View Post
    Do 2/2/2 - 4/4/4 and you won't hit taunt immunity. Your damage output to the raid won't change much by doing that instead of 2/2/2-3/3/3-4/4/4
    I agree with this, although we go 2/2/3 - 4/4/4. Thing is, while total raid damage might be a little bit higher, you de-risk phase 3 a lot by reducing the number of tank switches and by letting them get good use of their survival cooldowns. Remember that tank death = wipe because of the heal.

Try doing it like this instead:

Tanks are A B and C.

A gets 2 stacks. B taunts.
    B gets 2 stacks. C taunts.
    C gets 3 stacks. A taunts.
    A gets 3 stacks. B taunts.
    B gets 4 stacks. C taunts.
    C gets 4 stacks. A taunts
    A gets 4-5 stacks. Either you win or you all die

You'll still effectively be doing 2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 but you won't taunt quite as often, which should help DR.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Something else to consider is timing your taunts. You don't *need* to taunt as soon as the stack increases. You just need to taunt before the next stack goes up. If you can figure how often the stacks take to go up, then you might be able to get out of the taunt DR window (which used to be 18 seconds from time of casting) by waiting a few seconds after the stack increases before taunting. If you can somehow manage to space out taunts further than whatever the window is now, you can avoid the immunity issues.

I don't know how long the DR window is not cause training dummies don't go taunt immune (and neither do some of the mobs I have tested), but once I find a mob that I can let beat on me for like 5 minutes that does go taunt immune, I will try to iron out that number again.