+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Less-Rabi HALP!

=(

Just found this:

"On auto, felhunter just uses spell lock every cooldown. Better to use spell lock on an earlier transformation and a counterspell on the last, counterspell has a longer lockout and if DPS is high enough you won't get the 0.1 second transform at 1%"

So it seems felhunter auto interrupting is a no go. Dang, knew it was too good to be true.

I've used the Felhunter method dozens of times helping people get their achievement.

It is an autocast. IT CAN BE TURNED OFF. That's the key concept (any good PvP warlock will have autocast turned off so they control when does the interrupt, so you can turn it off... and then turn it back on when you need it). You have to turn it off for the early ones and then turn it on for when you really need it.

Also... the lockout is irrelvant. The boss is IMMUNE to silence. He just isn't immune to the interrupt. He will always cast 10 seconds after the prior cast was interrupted if his health was above 50% when it was interrupted. He will always cast 6 seconds after the last cast if his health was below 50% when the last one was interrupted. The time between casts always follows these rules. It just seems like they are closer together because the actual cast time is shorter based on his health.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 02-16-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    I've used the Felhunter method dozens of times helping people get their achievement.

It is an autocast. IT CAN BE TURNED OFF. That's the key concept (any good PvP warlock will have autocast turned off so they control when does the interrupt, so you can turn it off... and then turn it back on when you need it). You have to turn it off for the early ones and then turn it on for when you really need it.

Also... the lockout is irrelvant. The boss is IMMUNE to silence. He just isn't immune to the interrupt. He will always cast 10 seconds after the prior cast was interrupted if his health was above 50% when it was interrupted. He will always cast 6 seconds after the last cast if his health was below 50% when the last one was interrupted. The time between casts always follows these rules. It just seems like they are closer together because the actual cast time is shorter based on his health.

The post I linked suggested that the pet, if set to auto, will just spam the spell interrupt, rather than use it only when the enemy is casting. So that's really the key here. What do you have to set the interrupt to, and will the pet just spam it, or only use it when he sees his target trying to cast something?

Also, I thought it was every 5 secs he'll try to cast below 50%?

The post you linked is wrong. Simply put, the warlock CAN TURN OFF THE AUTOCAST. You have to turn it off so the pet doesn't do it on the early casts. After someone else interrupts, the warlock CAN TURN IT BACK ON.

In PvP for arenas, many experienced warlocks run with the autocast turned and use keybound macros to either re-enable the autocast or to do a one time cast (oh, the player is almost dead, interrupt and lock the healer, my focus, right at this moment).

The post provided explains the DEFAULT BEHAVIOR OF A FELHUNTER. However, the warlock has control over their pet and can make conscience decisions to change the behavior of it.

Seriously, I've done this dozens of times. It works. Obviously, whoever posted that other comment doesn't understand that autocasts can be disabled.

You are a warrior. Did you know Heroic Strike is a one time autocast? It is automatically cast on your next swing. You can turn it on, and then you can turn it off again before the swing actually happens. While this autocast type mechanic isn't the same as a fully automatic autocast, in it's simplest design it is fundamentally the same. The ability can be turned on and it can also be turned off.

Also the auto cast will ONLY INTERUPT WHEN THE MOB ACTUALY CASTS SOMETHING. The AI doesn't spam a spell that does nothing, warlocks and hunters would complain constantly about their pet AI if it did.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 02-16-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Look, simply put.

IT WORKS

A Felhunter will never cast Spell Lock on a mob that isn't casting unless the warlock explicitly tells it to (no longer an autocast, but a forced manual cast). The autocast will only ever fire if an actual cast is made. Have your warlock friend use a Felhound in a duel against a mage, and tell the mage to just melee the Felhound. The Felhound will not cast Spell Lock. Then tell the mage to cast a Fireball on the Felhound, the instant the Felhound encounters the first cast it can interrupt, it will use Spell Lock.

Look, simply put.

IT WORKS

A Felhunter will never cast Spell Lock on a mob that isn't casting unless the warlock explicitly tells it to (no longer an autocast, but a forced manual cast). The autocast will only ever fire if an actual cast is made. Have your warlock friend use a Felhound in a duel against a mage, and tell the mage to just melee the Felhound. The Felhound will not cast Spell Lock. Then tell the mage to cast a Fireball on the Felhound, the instant the Felhound encounters the first cast it can interrupt, it will use Spell Lock.

Thanks, that clears up exactly what the other post was stating. Well, when I get off work, I'm gonna try and round up a group to do this. Zombiefest looks annoying but easily doable, and I'll just hope the RNG Gods bless me with the void walker boss in VH.

I'm a bit confused as to how I've never seen this strategy posted any where. It seems almost a guarantee to get it with this method.

I haven't played with a felhunter for a long time, but I believe the felhunter used to just spam spell lock whenever it was off cooldown if it was set to autocast, as that post you found suggested. It wasn't smart and didn't only auto-cast if there was something to interrupt.

Probably that's why most people don't think of it; you'd have to be familiar with the change before you'd think to use it.

Either way, you're my hero if this works Quinafoi. Like I said, you're the only one I've ever seen list this strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    Hmm, this seems like more of a luck achievement. = /
    I'd say it is. Never tried the felhunter tactic so that might be a good idea.
    But after trying to be smart about it like 25 times, we got it simply by dps:ing more. No tank, no heal just full out nuke. A bit like the one in Draktharon Keep, first boss.

*$

Zombiefest requires you kill the second boss inside the town hall and wait for any zombies outside the town hall to respawn. There are only 85 zombies (give or take) in the area before the inn and you need them all to respawn. After you kill the third boss and open the secret passage, one person goes back to the start and picks up all the zombies in the starting area. They can't use any damage reflection mechanics like thorns, retribution aura, or some shield type damage. They just need to run through an aggro them all and run them back through the town hall. It's important that no one in the town hall do anything like buffing or healing because it will pull aggro off the kiter. A paladin is ideal for the kiting role, usually you use a protection paladin that can heal themselves and easily deal with 85 zombies chasing them. A holy paladin also works. Using divine shield is great for making them cluster up closer together once you've aggroed them all (so they aren't so spread out). The kiter runs through the town hall with all the zombies following. When the zombies get to the back of the town hall you kill all the zombies from behind (a dps just channeling an AoE on the door should be sufficient) while also running ahead and killing the zombies from in front. Note that the zombies are slower than the players they chase, so your kiter will likely reach the group well before the zombies do, don't start pulling ahead until you see the zombies. Paladins can also track undead making it easier for them to see where all the zombies are. Your timer starts the instant the first zombie dies, if you don't kill them all before the timer is over, it resets back to 0 and restarts the timer on the next one killed. Without all of the zombies from the starting area, which will no longer respawn after the second boss was killed, the achievement is no longer possible to do in that clear.

When forming your group you should also make sure no one needs the mount yet. Attempting this achievement may waste enough time on the second boss waiting for the zombies to respawn (you don't DPS him until you see they respawn outside the town hall), as well as time spent kiting could cost you a chance at the optional boss for the mount. Obviously overgeared groups with lucky spawns at the start could still potentially get the mount boss, but be aware if you're going for the achievement you are likely sacrificing the kill on that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I'd say it is. Never tried the felhunter tactic so that might be a good idea.
    But after trying to be smart about it like 25 times, we got it simply by dps:ing more. No tank, no heal just full out nuke. A bit like the one in Draktharon Keep, first boss.

*$
    Consume is on a 15 second timer if I remember correctly.

Code:
    /rw Consume!
    /in 1 /p 14
    /in 2 /p 13
    /in 3 /p 12
    /in 4 /p 11
    /in 5 /p 10
    /in 6 /p 9
    /in 7 /p 8
    /in 8 /p 7
    /in 9 /p 6
    /in 10 /p 5
    /in 11 /p 4
    /in 12 /rw 3
    /in 13 /rw 2
    /in 14 /rw 1
    Push button when he does it the first time. When timer is below 3, break LoS. Push it again when he does it. Happy hunting.

Consume is on a 15 second timer if I remember correctly.

Code:
    /rw Consume!
    /in 1 /p 14
    /in 2 /p 13
    /in 3 /p 12
    /in 4 /p 11
    /in 5 /p 10
    /in 6 /p 9
    /in 7 /p 8
    /in 8 /p 7
    /in 9 /p 6
    /in 10 /p 5
    /in 11 /p 4
    /in 12 /rw 3
    /in 13 /rw 2
    /in 14 /rw 1
    Push button when he does it the first time. When timer is below 3, break LoS. Push it again when he does it. Happy hunting.

Consumption Junction is easily done with moderate dps group. This one doesn't require coordination like Less-Rabi does.

Zombiefest requires you kill the second boss inside the town hall and wait for any zombies outside the town hall to respawn.
    Just to be clear: it requires you to kite the boss into the town hall, wait for the zombies to respawn, then kill the boss.

While todays mentality is simply bring more DPS than you need, I posted the macro as more of a reference for people as to how it was originally done. Also those people not fully decked out in two tiers or more further progression or not performing at that level may still need to do things the conventional way. The mechanic is line of sight based, and the key to the achievement is to break line of sight at the appropriate time. Think the last time I actually did DTK with a preformed group we killed him like half a second after the first consume. So yes, very high DPS trivializes the achievement. Though I've also pugged it and had 3 consumes go off, so there are people who still plenty don't have the level of DPS to burn it before the second cast. The macro is to help them, not those doing over 8k DPS in their sleep.

Zombiefest requires you kill the second boss inside the town hall and wait for any zombies outside the town hall to respawn. There are only 85 zombies (give or take) in the area before the inn and you need them all to respawn. After you kill the third boss and open the secret passage, one person goes back to the start and picks up all the zombies in the starting area. They can't use any damage reflection mechanics like thorns, retribution aura, or some shield type damage. They just need to run through an aggro them all and run them back through the town hall. It's important that no one in the town hall do anything like buffing or healing because it will pull aggro off the kiter. A paladin is ideal for the kiting role, usually you use a protection paladin that can heal themselves and easily deal with 85 zombies chasing them. A holy paladin also works. Using divine shield is great for making them cluster up closer together once you've aggroed them all (so they aren't so spread out). The kiter runs through the town hall with all the zombies following. When the zombies get to the back of the town hall you kill all the zombies from behind (a dps just channeling an AoE on the door should be sufficient) while also running ahead and killing the zombies from in front. Note that the zombies are slower than the players they chase, so your kiter will likely reach the group well before the zombies do, don't start pulling ahead until you see the zombies. Paladins can also track undead making it easier for them to see where all the zombies are. Your timer starts the instant the first zombie dies, if you don't kill them all before the timer is over, it resets back to 0 and restarts the timer on the next one killed. Without all of the zombies from the starting area, which will no longer respawn after the second boss was killed, the achievement is no longer possible to do in that clear.

When forming your group you should also make sure no one needs the mount yet. Attempting this achievement may waste enough time on the second boss waiting for the zombies to respawn (you don't DPS him until you see they respawn outside the town hall), as well as time spent kiting could cost you a chance at the optional boss for the mount. Obviously overgeared groups with lucky spawns at the start could still potentially get the mount boss, but be aware if you're going for the achievement you are likely sacrificing the kill on that boss.

About how long do you have to wait to kill the 3rd boss to allow all the zombies to respawn?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    About how long do you have to wait to kill the 3rd boss to allow all the zombies to respawn?
    Not very, 2-3 minutes at a guess. You can just have someone look outside the town hall periodically; when you see a bunch of zombies there, you kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    Not very, 2-3 minutes at a guess. You can just have someone look outside the town hall periodically; when you see a bunch of zombies there, you kill the boss.

So would you start Arthas right away to begin the event to boss 3? Or wait a few moments?

After you kill the second boss, you just chill in the hall. Arthas comes to you. Sometimes he bugs and doesn't come right away. Just sit tight; he'll show.

Send one person to step outside the hall when he shows up to talk to him and get him going again. 2-3 zombies will aggro but that won't cause a problem for the achievement.

+ Reply to Thread