+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Less-Rabi HALP!

Less-Rabi HALP!

Ok, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but figured I'd give it a shot.

I only need 4 more achievements for my red proto.

Zombiefest - Seems easy, just haven't tried it yet.
    Void Dance and Lockdown - The boss for void dance is the only one I need for lockdown. So as soon as i get that boss to spawn i'll be a 2 for 1 on these two.

Now the one I'm having trouble with is Less-Rabi. Is this all luck, or is there a sound strategy for it? I've been reading, and it seems a lot of viable strategys are outdated and patches since canceled them out. The only one I'm seeing that could work is having a 5/5 reverb shaman interrupt the 50% transform attempt, and then just mash his wind sheer button for the rest of the fight. Does any one know a sound way to get this one?

Again, sorry if this isn't the place for this. Just a lot of well informed people on these boards, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

The easiest way is to just burn him down very quick. Get a DK (for army), some good mages (burst dps) and at least one more person who can interrupt (since the CD for the DK on Mid Freeze is 10 secs and Silencing him doesnt work) in your group.

1. Clear all the mobs in the room (on both sides otherwise the army go for them)
    2. Have everyone go dps (no healer and no tank)
    3. Have the DK pop AoD to use as a tank.
    3. Have the DK interrupt the first and the third (third one might not be needed depending on your dps) transformation and the other player who can interrupt do the second one.
    4. Burn him down in around 18 secs. It requires something like 22k group dps if I remember correctly.

Of course your interruptors must be on their toes :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikL View Post
    The easiest way is to just burn him down very quick. Get a DK (for army), some good mages (burst dps) and at least one more person who can interrupt (since the CD for the DK on Mid Freeze is 10 secs and Silencing him doesnt work) in your group.

1. Clear all the mobs in the room (on both sides otherwise the army go for them)
    2. Have everyone go dps (no healer and no tank)
    3. Have the DK pop AoD to use as a tank.
    3. Have the DK interrupt the first and the third (third one might not be needed depending on your dps) transformation and the other player who can interrupt do the second one.
    4. Burn him down in around 18 secs. It requires something like 22k group dps if I remember correctly.

Of course your interruptors must be on their toes :-)

Again, this seems more like a spray and pray method rather than a strategy. Was looking for something a little more reliable but thanks.

If you brought good dps, you dont need the /pray bit :P

The hard part of this achievement is interrupting the 3rd transform cast. The 3rd one is a 0.5 sec cast and if you put in normal human reaction times, network latency, server latency, you're running such a close timer that it's damn near impossible to get it right. The meganuke strategy aims at getting the boss down before he can do his 3rd transform. With the gear available these days, it's a very feasible strategy.

If you want to do it the way it was meant to, i believe once the first transform goes off, the others follow on a strict timer. You need to pace your dps & interrupts carefully so that you know exactly when he's going to transform the 3rd time and start precasting your interrupt. Shaman interrupter was preferred back in the day and a little too much dps usually resulted in missing the timing.

I sincerely suggest the nuke strategy (same thing for the watch him die achievement - going in full nuke is so much easier than trying to 2tank/2heal like i did it back in blue gear)

Hmm, this seems like more of a luck achievement. = /

The Moorabi works is, while >50% health he casts Transform every 10s. Below 50%, he casts every 5s. Cast time proportional to health, so the lower his health the lower the cast time.

There are several ways to do it. One is 'n spank' method above, no tank. Kill him b/f the 3rd cast (there's a Youtube vid of a group killing him 13s). Another is to bring a Combat Rogue w/ Improved Kick or a Ele Shamman w/ Reverberation. Those can interupt, and the cd's are short enough to nail him every time.

I tried every night for weeks and finally got it w/ a random daily group, but a friend of mine one-shot it a really good Rogue interupting. So yeah more luck involved w/ this one than others, both w/ RNG and w/ group comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
    Another is to bring a Combat Rogue w/ Improved Kick
    Improved Kick adds a 50%/100% chance to silence for 2 seconds, no benefit of having it for this achievement.

The old method I think you're referring to was when Throwing Specialization used to add an interrupt to Fan of Knives and you could have a combat rogue pop Adrenaline Rush while auto attacking for Combat Potency procs while spamming FoK to interrupt.

Its not a spray and pray method but yes it does require you to have a group with good dps. Whichever way you do it, from what I have heard you need good burst dps since I dont think you can interrupt him more than three times. At least I have never heard anyone do this achievement slowly since his transforms come faster and faster.

Again, the method I see popping up a lot is having an ele shaman interrupt the cast he does when he gets to less than 50%, and then just mash his wind sheer button. As with the 5/5 reverb, the cooldown on his wind sheer, and the cooldown on moorabi's transform will be the same. Thus the shaman will insta interrupt so long as there is no server lag.

Any one know if this works?

The best way to do this is to eliminate the need to interrupt at all.

With the way people tend to be geared these days, you can go in with a tank and 4 dps. We usually bring a shammy for heroism. Burn him hard, his first transform attempt has a VERY long cast time; interrupt it as late as possible. If your dps is high enough, that's the only time he'll try to transform.

You can also use an ele shammy for interrupts, but if you take too long to get him down, one of his last transform attempts is so fast it might as well be an instant-cast.

If he transforms, run out or take a wipe, and you can try again. I prefer to wipe as it clears the heroism debuff.

One last thing:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    so long as there is no server lag.
    Never count on a lack of server lag.
    Last edited by Bashal; 02-16-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Actually when we tried the massive nukefest he interrupted his own cast twice, then transformed at 1%

The reverb method ended up having me cast it too quick and it then being on cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Valalvax View Post
    Actually when we tried the massive nukefest he interrupted his own cast twice, then transformed at 1%

The reverb method ended up having me cast it too quick and it then being on cooldown
    That can happen, yup.

None of the methods people have used are "easy mode", really, they all involve some amount of luck. I've only done the "tank and 4 dps" trick twice, but we got it done both times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    The best way to do this is to eliminate the need to interrupt at all.

With the way people tend to be geared these days, you can go in with a tank and 4 dps. We usually bring a shammy for heroism. Burn him hard, his first transform attempt has a VERY long cast time; interrupt it as late as possible. If your dps is high enough, that's the only time he'll try to transform.

You can also use an ele shammy for interrupts, but if you take too long to get him down, one of his last transform attempts is so fast it might as well be an instant-cast.

If he transforms, run out or take a wipe, and you can try again. I prefer to wipe as it clears the heroism debuff.

One last thing:

Never count on a lack of server lag.

What would you suggest the min DPS should be per DPS-er for this method?

I didn't really look at the DPS meter, so I can only give you a rough estimate: average 6k per DPS w/heroism figured in.

Higher is better, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    I didn't really look at the DPS meter, so I can only give you a rough estimate: average 6k per DPS w/heroism figured in.

Higher is better, of course.

Achievement stills seems like a spray and pray crap shoot. = /
    I was having a lot of fun doing the achievements until this one. It's very frustrating.

Oh, and the worst part is, my GF has this achievement on 2 of her toons. She said they weren't even trying for it, they just kinda got it.

The best way to do this achievement is to have sufficient DPS that you only have 2 times you have to interrupt. Bring a warlock. The warlock uses their felhunter with its interrupt autocast disabled. A DPSer interrupts the first cast (as close to the end of the cast as possible, you want him to spend like 7 seconds casting and then get interrupted right at the end, that is free DPS time). After the first interrupt is done, the warlock turns on the pet's automatic interrupt. This effectively removes reaction time and latency from the equation since the interrupt is autocast. The felhunter interrupts the second, the boss falls over, you get your achievement.

This fight is short enough that you shouldn't require any healing. Your healer should have a DPS spec. Generally bring a shaman healer with an enchancement or elemental spec because they can even leave an earthshield on the tank before they respec to their DPS spec (though I'm sure they will fix that eventually to match other buffs that fall off on respecing). They also provide heroism which makes it easier to have a 2 cast fight.

If you require more than two interrupts, bring another warlock. Problem solved.

The entire problem with this achievement is it is fundamentally luck based when his cast time drops to the point where it is faster than latency + human reaction time. Because of that, you have to be interrupting before you see the cast towards the end of the fight because your reaction time is too long. You remove the reaction time aspect of the achievement completely from the equation by using an autocast interrupt.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 02-16-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    The best way to do this achievement is to have sufficient DPS that you only have 2 times you have to interrupt. Bring a warlock. The warlock uses their felhunter with its interrupt autocast disabled. A DPSer interrupts the first cast (as close to the end of the cast as possible, you want him to spend like 7 seconds casting and then get interrupted right at the end, that is free DPS time). After the first interrupt is done, the warlock turns on the pet's automatic interrupt. This effectively removes reaction time and latency from the equation since the interrupt is autocast. The felhunter interrupts the second, the boss falls over, you get your achievement.

This fight is short enough that you shouldn't require any healing. Your healer should have a DPS spec. Generally bring a shaman healer with an enchancement or elemental spec because they can even leave an earthshield on the tank before they respec to their DPS spec (though I'm sure they will fix that eventually to match other buffs that fall off on respecing). They also provide heroism which makes it easier to have a 2 cast fight.

If you require more than two interrupts, bring another warlock. Problem solved.

The entire problem with this achievement is it is fundamentally luck based when his cast time drops to the point where it is faster than latency + human reaction time. Because of that, you have to be interrupting before you see the cast towards the end of the fight because your reaction time is too long. You remove the reaction time aspect of the achievement completely from the equation by using an autocast interrupt.

Ah! Now that sounds like a strategy. I have never played a warlock, so I'm not familiar with the auto interrupt. So I'll try and get 2 in my group! My GF is a 3k GS (wow-heroes) lock, so that's 1. This sounds too good to be true though. XD

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    Ah! Now that sounds like a strategy. I have never played a warlock, so I'm not familiar with the auto interrupt. So I'll try and get 2 in my group! My GF is a 3k GS (wow-heroes) lock, so that's 1. This sounds too good to be true though. XD
    It sounds like a good strat if you have access to a warlock (we didn't, lol).

Can any on confirm that the felhunter AUTO interrupts?

+ Reply to Thread