+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Elf to...

Blood Elf to...

Okay so i am currently a blood elf, which i find is the best class for priest due to the Mana gain from Arcane Torrent. I recently applied to an alliance guild which will obviously force me to go Alliance but i am really stuck as to which race to go. Human looks alright with the 3% spirit bonus but they are also incredibly boring in general, i would rather go a Night Elf or Draenai but neither of them have very good racial abilities. Is the Draenai HoT any good? Or should i just put up with being a boring old Human for the 3% spirit?

The Draenei HoT will never fit in your rotation. I was Draenei at one point, and I never even touched it. None of the Alliance racials make it worth it to pick a race on racials in order to max/min. Just go for the race you like the best. Remember you have to stare at that toon for hours a day. Make it look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Redefined View Post
    The Draenei HoT will never fit in your rotation. I was Draenei at one point, and I never even touched it. None of the Alliance racials make it worth it to pick a race on racials in order to max/min. Just go for the race you like the best. Remember you have to stare at that toon for hours a day. Make it look good.
    ^ This.

Also many people go draenei for the racial hit bonus that is applied to the group. If you are team oriented it is worth considering.

Human for one reason, Every Man for Himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    and the rep gain

Human is the way to go.

I just leveled my Bloodelf priest to 80 to play with my friends that faction changed. I have a Human priest on the same server as well. Best of both worlds!! The only small problem is that I keep mashing the hotkey for arcane torrent on my human priest now and it's not there
    “We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer.” ~Arnold Schwarzeneggar.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    This racial is about the only thing preventing me from changing to a dwarf at the moment. I just find to to be pretty useful in raids.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Odene View Post
    This racial is about the only thing preventing me from changing to a dwarf at the moment. I just find to to be pretty useful in raids.
    Really? I can't remember the last time I used it in a raid...oh, I guess faction champs..

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    Really? I can't remember the last time I used it in a raid...oh, I guess faction champs..
    If icehowl's frost blast target was human, popping every man for himself would interrupt the channel, saving a ton of raid dmg.

BQL's fear is another spot it comes in handy.

It breaks most fears/stuns that I've encountered.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

You're now at the crossroads.

Option 1: Get the model you like and live with subpar racials. There's no way out of this.

Option 2: Get the most benefitting racials and look at that boring char. You will maybe waste some gold on things like noggenfogger (skeletons have the best cast animation anyway) or the deviat fishes (Can I hear an 'arrrrrrrr!') or get yourself some of those items that transform your char for 10 minutes.

I stuck with option 2 and am quite happy at the moment. With the amount of stuff happening around the lichking I don't have time to look at my model anyway...

Cheers!
    skaggi

Draenia has a nice passive raid buff, and they look pretty cool too. Humans have pretty nifty racials, but at the end of the day, go for the race which you don't mind looking at every time you log in. There's no use going Draenia if you don't like the looks. Racials don't determine whether a player is good or not. A skilled healer will obviously be better than a good healer, despite maybe having better racials.

Ok, so apparently I did use every man last night like twice in ICC25, one on a web wrap the other on a hammer of justice from a MC'd paladin during LDW. It's still not game breakingly good, go with aesthetics!

Having pretty much only been a Draenei, I can talk a little about their two big racials. Everyone else, you're on your own.

The hit aura is a pretty big deal, it might even be the best racial in the game, but since it's passive, and on a stat that doesn't have a lot of oomph, it kinda gets drowned out by the more active "save your butt" abilities. Remember that hit is vitally important for every class that isn't, well, you, and that if they can count on a guaranteed extra 1% hit on their gear, they can alter their gear accordingly. Essentially, that hit aura can account for more DPS than any other buff out there (save perhaps Misery, only because of the bigger number).

Gift of the Naaru is pretty underrated I think, but it depends on how you play. It is not a strong HoT, and its cooldown means you can't roll it. Also, being a Shaman helps, since they have a pretty nifty amount of passive buffs to healing spells in general (Purification is stupid). But since you won't be a Shaman, I don't know how that affects the math. I tend to use it either as a pure top-off utility, or as added utility on a main tank during periods when I know they'll take a ton of damage, and every little bit will help. It's also vital to one of my tools for making Heroics interesting, which is healing the entire instance with only instant casts.

Of the racials for the other three races, the only one that stands out, really, is the Spirit buff. Diplomacy's useless once you get Exalted everywhere, and Every Man might save your butt every so often, but generally, you could have saved your own butt, and it doesn't really help because someone will eventually be targeted without Every Man, and the raid as a whole will have the same problems anyway. I'd take a 1% hit aura and a barely above insignificant HoT anyday over an ability that might save me once a night.

But as I said, I haven't played with those utilities much, so I might be underrating some of them.

Dwarf's have some interesting racials as well (stoneskin), but again could very well be lackluster for a priest (I wear plate mostly.... lol), I would also go with what looks good. If a racial ability is the difference between downing a boss and not, you have other issues.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread