+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help getting to 5K GS

Need help getting to 5K GS

I have hit a ceiling for a while with badges what do I do next how do I get the next level of gear.

I have 72 frost atm what would be the best thing to exchange? etc.

I have been stuck at 4850 ish GS for a long time I do 10 mans but I need a little more direction.

Weak points trinkets, boots, wrists.

Thanks,

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&cn=Bloodtop

Uh, why do you care so much about gear score?

Aiming for the highest gearscore psossible isnt really the best way to go about improving your character
    1 example
    banner of victory iLVL 200 trink
    as an arms warrior it has great itemization.
    loads of arp plus a AP proc
    sure i could get a 245 trink and improve my GS but would it improve my DPS....no

OK I say 5K gear score but what I mean is how do I break into the next level of gear am I geared correctly did I miss something for badges that I should pick up.

How should I maximize my frost badges (72 atm) and replace it with what?
    The Frost items in ICC are not for tanks unless you have the drop (which makes me mad that paly heals and ret can get better gear just with badges :-)

Just trying to know what to do next where to concetrate my efforts so to speak.

Nowhere is written, that you have to gear up purely using frost badges or ICC10 gear. When gearing up ignore gearscore, it's a simple minded tool for simple minded people. What doesn't say much other then that person managed to get some higher Ilevel gear then another.

There's plenty of upgrades for you still in totc even in 10 man, also wrong forum section. Should be posted in help.

On first glance badge belt would probably be the biggest EH upgrade with the T10 chest as a close second probably.

Yes gear score is terrible and shouldn't be something you have to worry about ....HOWEVER:

If your pugging instances these days its the first question asked, so on my alts I keep crap gear with high I-level just for the gearscore check.....so sad

I had a pug healer in ICC the other night, he was wearing melee trinkets, they were worth about 6% of his gearscore each, even though realistically they were worth about... ohh... nothing

- Get the Frost emblem belt
    - Get Glyph of Indomitability with Triumph emblems
    - Get that crappy blue gem out of your helm
    - Farm "The Black Heart" from Normal ToC5 (Remember you can run this repeatedly)
    - Get your Tier 9 gloves
    - Stop worrying so much about Hit rating
    - Don't socket for Strength

GS = Crap , but if you care so much 5k isn't too hard to do just from badges.

Frost Badge Trinket (ilvl 264)
    Frost Badge Belt / Cloak (ilvl 264)
    ToC Crafted Chest & Bracers (ilvl 245)
    Triumph Badge Shoulder & Helm (ilvl 245)
    Triumph Libram (ilvl 245)
    Either Basic or Trophy T9 Gloves and Legs (ilvl 232/245)
    Last edited by Elvine; 02-18-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You run into this problem a lot with tanks and Ick's Rotting thumb. Higher ilevel, but there is easy access to quite a few that are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    GS = Crap , but if you care so much 5k isn't too hard to do just from badges.

Frost Badge Trinket (ilvl 251)
    Frost Badge Belt / Cloak (ilvl251)
    ToC Crafted Chest & Bracers (ilvl 245)
    Triumph Badge Shoulder & Helm (ilvl 245)
    Triumph Libram (ilvl 245)
    Either Basic or Trophy T9 Gloves and Legs (ilvl 232/245)
    Frost offset armor and trinkets are ilvl264, tier is 251

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooky View Post
    You run into this problem a lot with tanks and Ick's Rotting thumb. Higher ilevel, but there is easy access to quite a few that are better.
    Yep, few knowledgeable Raid Tanks will use the Thumb as their normal gear, the Black Heart for a lower gear score is a far better item.

Quote Originally Posted by GŁth View Post
    Frost offset armor and trinkets are ilvl264, tier is 251
    Thanks I totally forgot about that.
    Even easier to get 5k GS, but once again I say GS is stupid.
    GM of <Illuminatž> - Shattered Hand US

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Thanks I totally forgot about that.
    Even easier to get 5k GS, but once again I say GS is stupid.
    I personally hate how easy it is for people to get geared.
    Running into so many idiots in pug raids that have "awesome" gear yet have no clue what they are doing. I was in a Naxx10 AN weekly run a few weeks ago that actually almost wiped on the locust swarm. Two healers, MT and 1 dps survived to kill AN. Because all the melee except myself (died grabbing the add off the healers) stayed at melee on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I personally hate how easy it is for people to get geared.
    Running into so many idiots in pug raids that have "awesome" gear yet have no clue what they are doing. I was in a Naxx10 AN weekly run a few weeks ago that actually almost wiped on the locust swarm. Two healers, MT and 1 dps survived to kill AN. Because all the melee except myself (died grabbing the add off the healers) stayed at melee on him.
    The best idea is to not turn this into QQGEARSCORESUCKS thread and keep on topic with "here's some good upgrades, without taking GS into consideration". Gearscore does have some functionality, making decisions a little quicker than having to go to a location to have gear inspected or tabbing out to wowarmory. That said, it also bars many from getting into pugs. But so does your lack of achievements. Or your HP level. Or that parry gem. Could be any number of reasons, but right now GS is a prevalent one. But, Blizzard have yet to ban the mod, so my suggestion is to get into a guild that fits your schedule so you don't have to worry about pug requirements you can't meet.

If this continues to be discussion about gearscore, I'm sure it will end up locked as quickly as the others have. Please continue to provide options for increasing this person's survivability through upgrades, but I implore you, try not to involve GS in the discussion any further. It's already teetering on the brink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread