+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm Holy Paladin Guide

I think one of the guys over at Elitist Jerks claimed 30%. But I haven't done the math to back it up or read his calculations. Perhaps you could check out the Holy guide there.

As for the changes to this guide, I have been waiting on it and am going to read it now. Thanks, Chamenas.

I'll definitely be running the numbers myself, so we'll see what I come up with.

Today is a leveling day before work (for my Warrior) so the next two parts to finish the guide up should be expected tomorrow instead.

The guide should be fully updated now. Barring any critical errors, I'll begin work on a video companion guide. Let me know if anything looks off, or if any of the formatting, etc.. could be better, thank you.

Your piece about our mastery needs to be updated/fixed. Smaller shields don't overwrite large ones, they simply refresh the duration. Larger heals will of course overwrite with a new shield.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

I don't believe I suggested such, merely that shields could overwrite shields before they're used. I suppose I could update it for clarification, but the fundamental problem, sadly, still exists. :-/

Unfortunately, the shields of one heal are replaced by the shield of another heal if it is cast before the first heal's shield is used up.
    Looks to me like you're saying any new heal will replace the shield.

Although I'm either blind and didn't read it before, or you just edited this bit in.

Note: It's not possible for a smaller heal to replace a larger shield. Instead, smaller heals will refresh the larger shield on the target, only a larger heal will replace the larger shield.
    If it was there all along then brb, learning to read everything first?

If you'll notice, there's a little note when I update things

Well first off this guide is great but im still having A LOT of problems with healing heroics. I cannot handle the damage thats being put out on the entire group. I keep getting alot of upgrades but it seems like it doesn't do anything. I don't know what im doing wrong
    Please help me

That's a really general question to a very specific problem, zrvnavi. More information will be needed. A link to your armory would be nice as well, though, as much as possible, I want to encourage you to be able to find the answers yourself than to tell you what you need to do.

yah i know its a general question and honestly ive been trying to find the answer/ solution to my problem but i haven't been able to fix it. here's my armory link and maybe that will help:

http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=237324

Ill try to give you as much information as i can because i need all the help that i can get. I have reforged all my gear to spirit/haste and all my gem slots are INT gems. I think that i am doing everything right but when i get into a heroic it feels like i am getting overwhelmed by al the damage not only to the tank but to the entire raid. Im not sure if this is a group problem but so far almost every single heroic has been a wipe It feels like my heals are almost doing nothing and these spikes damage are very hard to deal with. So far mana hasn't been an issue its more of my healing numbers in general. and im not trying to top anyone off

If you wish to know anything more specific please let me know and thank you for your help and awesome guide

Are your groups using CC? Are your Tanks rotating CDs? These aren't just "nice things to have" anymore. Right now they're often necessary. The entire weight of the group's survival doesn't fall just on your shoulders anymore. If your stats are fine and you're healing correctly, there's only so much you can do.

Hey very good guide by the way but I was curious what the ways of obtain holy power are now. The only spell that I know is Holy Shock.

Holy power can be obtained through Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, or using Flash of Light/Divine Light on your Beacon of Light target with points in Tower of Radiance.

protector of the innocent

Hey

i noticed that you didn't rly got into protector of the innocent talent (and if it's alrdy mentioned i'm soz but i didn't have the willpower to read all the replies), i noticed that it also works for beacon of light: why is this usefull imo ? well you said on word of glory that it's best to stack for 3 holy power. In my math a fully charged word of glory does 16kish with the conviction up and a one charged holy word 5.2k ish and protector of the innocent 6.6k. isn't it (if not 2 much damage) better then to cast holy word at 1 holy power as you would get on a beaconed target instead of 16k+3k from a 5.2 +3.3+5.2+3.3+5.2+3.3? ofc playing with protector of the innocent doesn't stop there and so. And yes i kno it may seem trivial but tbh i use it alot without any problems, so i thought it was worth mentioning it. Also i could have sworn that every light of dawn hit also heals the tank for half of it (with beacon ofc and in 95% i have my beacon on the tank) so if you in party would be and hit 5 targets (as it also hits yourself) heal the tank for 6k +3 +3 +3 +3= 18k instead of a 16k fully charged word of glory and also heal your party.

If i made some huge mistakes i'm sorry i just changed 2 holy in cata without rly checking a guide. and rly if someone mentioned it alrdy or so just flame me for being lazy
    Last edited by lilsunshine; 12-26-2010 at 05:04 PM.

I don't believe your LoD should hit the Beacon Target for the amount that it heals others, since I'm about 90% sure that Beacon heals are only from direct heals (Holy shock, Holy Light, Flash of Light, etc...) this would also explain why Protector of the Innocent might work since it is likely considered, technically speaking, a direct heal cast on yourself. While it's nice to note, it's not something you have much control over and is going to be small amounts of healing anyways, sort of an added bonus.

If your target absolutely needs a heal right away and Holy Shock is on CD, you can fire off a WoG early, but it's not optimal. Remember that all things like Crit, the Mastery, etc... are all amplified by a bigger hit. If you're tossing out smaller hits you're just wasting their potential.

All LoD heals do indeed transfer via beacon, as does Protector of the Innocent and Enlightened Judgements. Blizz has actually said that LoD heals transferring is intended.

Also found this site. Not sure if you want to link to it in your guide, but it does seem pretty useful for new holy pallies that might not be quite sure where to look for gear. It's pretty nice in that you can filter out heroic/normal raid gear and see bis heroic 5-man level stuff too.

That must mean that Blizzard has changed how Beacon works, without actually telling us they changed it at that. It actually goes to show how weak Beacon is right now. Granted, the extra healing is nice, but it seems terribly difficult for Blizzard to manage the spell and not make it "too good" or "too weak", which makes me feel that there will need to be some changes to the guide here and there as Blizzard keeps on tweaking. I'll probably hold off on the video.

How would they have changed it? I've never seen anything to suggest that beacon only transfered direct heals, so it didn't surprise me to learn that our self heals transferred as well.

Some interesting info regarding Blessed Life on EJ recently too, specifically, this post. Putting at least 1 point in could possibly be worth it for PvE. Personally considering dropping a point in Improved Judgements to pick it up once we start up official raids again early next year.
    Last edited by Soan; 12-26-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Beacon of Light most certainly used to be "direct heals only", of course, since we didn't have AoE, that wasn't a major issue. Mostly, such things prevented something like "Holy Light" splash from applying to the tank. Apparently that has changed, but it coincides with quite a bit of weakening to Beacon of Light.

The real question about Blessed Life is whether or not it procs off of AoE damage. By its description, it shouldn't, which makes it highly unreliable, but if it does, then it certainly has its place. I'm curious as to why you have points in Improved Judgements though, what are you not taking?

The old HL glyph splash probably didn't transfer because itself was kind of a reverse beacon. Part of a single-target heal transferring to nearby targets if you get what I mean.

You know the banner in my sig is a link to my armoury, but I don't have points in Paragon of Virtue. Haven't really felt a need for the reduced CD yet, although I am thinking about speccing into it as well as 1/2 blessed life.

And from the post I linked, I'd say blessed life procs off unavoidable aoe damage.

+ Reply to Thread