Possibly. The files are just HPW1, HPW2 HPW3 HPW0 all with the .tga extension. I'll try to fix it in the mean time.
Now they're all pointing to HPW0.tga. Is it just a problem with Filefront?
Thank you so much! I had tried PowerAuras in the past and never was satisfied with what I came up with. This is great help, its really appreciated.
As I was downloading the power images, the files keep overwriting. I have the first one, but it seems the next three files are named the same. Thank you for any assistance you can give
Also, thank you for a well defined thread for holy paladins. This character is an alt. I find your information very helpful, especially with the amount of changes to the holy paladin.
You're welcome. You may want to check back periodically too, as I'll try to keep it updated with the latest information from theorycrafters.Also, thank you for a well defined thread for holy paladins. This character is an alt. I find your information very helpful, especially with the amount of changes to the holy paladin.
Our output's been hurt pretty hard too, pre patch I would be at or very close to the top of the healing metres, post patch I'm most definitely at the bottom. I think I'm using HL too much out of habit, it's cast time is too long and it doesn't really seem to heal for enough in an ICC25 HM environment, given that I never dropped below 50% mana, I'm gonna look at trying to use FoL more, and just fall back to HL in quiet periods.
Hopefully things will be different at 85.
Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!
As for the link:
It's an interesting discussion with some confirmations of my own thoughts and some surprises. This weekend I'll update the main post with some tips on healing in raids based on that info and what I've been finding in my own healing. For now, the key points to take away seem to be this:
* Healing our Beacon target is our primary objective now
- This seems counter intuitive because of how we used Beacon before and because it "wastes" 50% of our heals. But with the way Tower of Radiance works currently, it's just too good to pass up the WoGs which can be used on non-Beacon people. Also, since Holy Shock doesn't give us extra HPW through Beacon, we can use it to also instantly heal a non-Beacon target. The 50% healing transfer from Beacon is still nice though and will allow us to switch our heals temporarily if we need to in order to keep people up, but, on the whole, we'll want to keep our heals on our Beacon target, with the exception of if we're casting Divine Light.
* Flash of Light is our "oh shit" heal
- It heals for a decent amount and is very quick, though when Divine Light gets added to Infusion of Light, we can use Infusion procs to make Divine Light a nice "oh shit" heal.
* Divine Light is our steady heavy damage heal
- If we're healing a tank who's taking lots of damage for an extended period (say... Festergut 3 stacks) then we'll want to use this one.
Maybe some other points too, but I can't think of them right now.
Must say i agree with all of the above Lulia, at first i was trying to rely to heavily on Holy Light, but i found my output was poor and i just couldn't spend my mana, switching it up to Divine light helps a lot. I can cast approximately 50 in succession before i go oom so it's not quite as expsenive as people make out (around 1300mana). I think all Blizzard's talk of "you'll need to watch your mana more" scared me away from using my bigger heals a bit, it turns out with 650MP5 whilst casting just from spirit i can use quite a few big spells.
Yes using HS on CD is also a bit tricky to get used too. Just a matter of practice i guess.
I have relatively the same build as you, However I ignored Aura Mastery. With all the extra life we get from stam, and the way DPS is plowing through bosses, I found it next to useless tbh. but, I do have a question about my stats and what to gem, etc. first off, MY stats:
Spellpower: 3735 unbuffed
Intellect / manapool: 2509 / 42000 unbuffed
Haste: 947 OR 29%, 38% with judgement buff
Crit: 1090 OR 42.18% unbuffed
Spirit: 328 which accumulates to 357mp5 in combat
Now my questions:
1. Which meta should we take? Insightul was an obvious selection before, but now mana pools have gone up, but so have the mana costs for spells. I am personally still using Insightful, but 600 mana back every 45 seconds ? (rough estimate) for a 1k mana spell seems useless compared to 2% bonus mana. I'm leaning more towards +21 intel and 2% max mana.
2. Haste: With crit being near useless now until mastery is fixed, I'm assuming this is going to be our #1 secondary stat. Haste gives us daybreak, and with cast times being increased so much, Haste is that much more important to get Holy Light off. In 25-man raids, my mana pool usually goes up to around 45k, and from the buffs / replenishment. I find my mana to drop more slowly then other healers!!! the only fight I had issues with was 25-man HM Deathwhisp, I got 1 innervate, but even without it, I probally still woulda been fine. The reason I'm saying that is simply because theres a debate on wheather, "More haste = more spells being cast = more mana!" Which is true to an extent, but more haste = faster holy lights = more daybreaks = more holy power = less mana! My question though is what is the actual HASTE CAP for a holy paladin? right now my holy lights cast at 1.94 with no buffs, or procs. When I activate judgement it drops to 1.78.
Last edited by yawn.3x; 10-15-2010 at 04:04 PM.
The Haste Soft Cap (meaning with buffs and heroism you cap out your haste for a short time) was 675. This, to my knowledge, hasn't changed at level 80 (Though without Light's Grace, our Holy Lights are a bit slower natively). Because you can't always rely on all buffs or having heroism 100% of the time, more haste is not a bad thing, it simply becomes less effective after this point, which used to make other stats more attractive. It's hard to say whether or not Crit or Mastery will be suggested over haste beyond the soft cap. Hopefully Blizzard will fix our Mastery so that it's meaningful, in which case it could possibly rival Haste anyways. Crit used to affect our Regen but no longer does so, that, combined with how RNG it is in general just makes it a very bad stat overall right now. I wouldn't gem for Haste or reforge for it either, but I would take gear with Haste on it. If you're over the Haste soft-cap though and you need a bit more spirit, you'd probably get more value out of the spirit.
Our stat priors, as mentioned in the first post, should be: Int > Spir > Haste > Mastery/Crit
The last two are debatable and the entire thing could change as theorycrafters learn more about how the stats are going to work and do their math, but, for the moment, that's how it's looking. Int provides spell power, regen, and mana pool. Spirit provides much needed mana regen, and Haste provides more throughput and some mana efficiency through talents like Daybreak, as you mention.
The Ember Skyflare diamond almost looks pretty attractive at the moment. As Intellect is still our primary gem-stat, and is now red, we can satisfy its reqs without sacrificing anything. However, the question really comes down to how often the Insightful procs and how much mana you gain from Ember Skyflare. Let's say you have 40k mana. If my math is correct, that gives you an extra 800 mana from the gem. If the Insightful procs twice in a fight it gives you more mana (1200) than the Ember Skyflare. I'm fairly certain that the chance of the Insightful proccing twice is pretty high. In fact, I believe it's a 5% chance per cast to proc. Let's be conservative and say that you can only get 30 casts off per minute (You should probably be getting more than that). In a 5 minute fight you should get 7-8 procs or 4200-4800 mana. It would take a rather insane mana pool to net you that much mana from the Ember Skyflare gem. Thus, I'm going to stick with the Insightful over the Ember for now.
1) 2% of max mana is still only 800 mana (assuming 40k mana), plus replenishment has been nerfed, insightful still reigns king.
2) Haste, in my mind, is the most preferable 3rd stat. Since it increase the HPS of your most mana efficent spell, holy light. However i've seen a good argument for not pushing haste all out, since we almost have a healing rotation now. The most optimum way to heal is something along the lines of:
Hshock > HL/DL > HL/DL > WoG (this assumes you have Tower of Radiance and are casting the HL/DL on the beacon target, obviously Hshock and WoG can be cast on anyone. This model maximises HPS and HPM. However since this model relys on stacking Holy Power to 3 there's a limit to the effectiveness of haste since the rotation is limited by Hshock Cds.
Alternatively you can look to cap your instant casts and FoL at 1 second, i believe this requires 1026 haste.
I do agree with Mastery / crit being useless... and yes I do still agree insightful is more beneficial with your theory there. I'm going to try and play around with both of them see how things work out,
Back to Haste though, if the Haste cap is 675, and my haste is nearing 1000. and my crit is nearing 1100, im thinking about maybe dropping some crit through reforging, and getting more spirit, to turn back into a Flash of Light paladin. My FoL's are critting for 16k, with a flatline cast time of 1 second exactly, so haste wouldn't help me, but the mp5 would help so I could use Holy Light for a top off if the healing isn't as intensive, and with the extra FoL's being casted so fast thats alot of daybreaks. your thoughts?
I do agree with that rotation, however DL heals for to much. especially when it crits. its a big mana cost, and to be honest 50% of the heal is an overheal, especially if its a crit. my DL crits for 30k (in ICC), which is give or take 70-80% of the targets max life. Flash of Light is starting to look alot more effecient for the time being
FoL won't very sustainable with its current mana costs, but if it's something you want to test certainly report back the results. You only use Divine Light for heavy sustained damage. Holy Light is your go-to spell for keeping people near full and keeping your "rotation" going for HPW and WoG, keeping Conviction up, etc.. FoL is supposed to be a sort of "emergency" heal for when you don't have WoG or HL ready.
TBH the mana cost of all our spells at 80 doesn't really prohibit their use too much ( i believe the cost jumps significantly at 81). So currently i'm mainly using HS, DL and WoG.
The haste soft cap is no longer 675 because JotP git nurfed. Hence it's now 1026.
On a seperate note i've also got a level 80 holy priest, and they really knock the socks off holy palas currently. They're just so incredibly versatile now and their single target heals are very good now thanks to chakra. The priest really feels like a well rounded class, Holy Pally has more tools now but just feels so underwhelming to play in comparison.