+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm Holy Paladin Guide

One thing i need to ask..as a HL spammer do i NEED to keep the fol HOT on the tank or is the heals that come from that not even worth it? i usually just keep the shield up and the beacon up on the MT everytime...well on some fights i change it up but...even then...should i keep the HOT up??

It depends on the fight, really. A lot of the Flash of Light HoT heals will be overheal, so it's not crucial, but it's not worthless. Unless the tank is taking almost no damage to speak of (which would be remarkable) there will be ticks of it going off before you can get off a heal, and those minor amounts can make small differences in when you have to aim a heal bomb or if you can stick to healing the raid with Flash of Light.

hey...i was wondering...how do you guys personally heal the Valithria fight?? cuz what i do is i beacon one of the tanks and then i just holy light away on valithria....thats on easy mode....on hardmode is it advisable to keep doing the same thing?? or should i beacon VAL and heal up the raid?? any input would be greatly apppreciated

In both modes, Beacon Valrithria and heal the raid. As it is, you won't get much time to be judicious in your healing after coming out of the portal. If the DPS is doing what it's supposed to, your raid healer should be healing the raid by themselves easily and you could literally Beacon Val and just spam heals on yourself (which, depending on whether certain raid buffs are present or not, may actually be more effective anyways).

I updated some notes on [Libram of Veracity] this Libram, though still awesome for a fight like Valrithria, is also recommended if you've found yourself adding Flash of Light into the mix of your healing spells as of late. This is more true of non-heroic ICC 10, but, depending on your healing setup, may very well apply to some ICC 25 mans. If the majority of your Holy Light is simply overheal, you might try for some mana efficiency in Flash of Light. This Libram allows you to increase the size of those heals while still encouraging your use of Holy Light to some extent. The main distinction between this and a PvP Libram is that it does affect the size of your Holy Lights as well. Which, if you're properly mixing the spells, may still be useful when you're using your Holy Light in the appropriate, emergency situation. That little extra spell power may be all that's needed to finish topping them off. If you find yourself using straight Flash of Light spam, then any of the [X Gladiator's Libram of Justice] will be more useful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kintler1 View Post
    hey...i was wondering...how do you guys personally heal the Valithria fight?? cuz what i do is i beacon one of the tanks and then i just holy light away on valithria....thats on easy mode....on hardmode is it advisable to keep doing the same thing?? or should i beacon VAL and heal up the raid?? any input would be greatly apppreciated
    Personally, I beacon the VAL and spam HL on myself while standing very near VAL. This way my splash from the HL glyph hits VAL as well as the beaconed HL. We have other healers healing the raid and 3 pallies whos only chore is to heal VAL, so I don't worry about the raid heals. And of course, I Lay Hands on VAL when shes at 90% / I have 30+ stacks to see a 170,000+ crit (admittedly just to stroke my epeen)

dang....i totally forgot about my splash heal for my HL! lol...ive been always healing val and and beaconing the tanks lol...it works for normal 10m and normal 25m....but dayum...healing a 10m heroic...is harrrd! well..it was easy wen we had 3 heals go inside the portal..and 1 raid healer..but the only thing is we had 1 tank when we tried that. It lasted for awhile...until adds started getting WAY out of hand. Then we switched to the other heals to dps to see if that would help but it only helped a little...so we ended up goin 2 tanks and 3 heals...1 holy pally 1 holy/disc priest and 1 resto shammy....me and shammy take portals...but seriously...takes WAYYYY too long to get val up to 60% :s i know its a slow and steady fight until u gain stacks...but our outside healer is having difficulties keeping every1 up :s

*on a serious side note....is there an easier way to get those orbs in the portal?? like sometimes i misjudge it when im floating....can i just auto run to it??? lol i know its sounds SOOOO nubish..but i kinda manually try to get it. Can i just kinda auto walk/fly to the orb??

Just got to hit it correctly, takes practice.

so...i take it that i cant right click to kinda auto level with the orbs...lol...im verryyy lazy hahaha! ohhh well...im getting better at it? but i just want to maximize the stacks i get from there.....do i just zoom in to make it easier for me?? cuz i have my camera zooooommmed out to the max lols...btw is the podcast ready?? lols...just hyped to hear u guys talk bout pallys lols.....(i know im a looser)

Zooming in will help.

hahaha zomg! i posted my tanking set in my armory! lol i got pwnd! haha healing on my tank offset lols!

Awesome guide, I'm lovin it. I chose the middle ground between HL and FoL for versatility. My crits @2600 SP are roughly 7-8K FoL, 10-12K HS and 18-22K HL. (I also chose the Ret tree due to more crit. With 25m raid buffs I'm usually right under 40% crit)

One thing that I didn't see that I find extremely useful for holy paladins when soloing and PvP'ing is the Shield of Righteousness. You already have a shield in your hand, why not smash someone with it? To me there's nothing more rewarding than being singled out as a healer in a BG, only to turn around and kill your attacker...while still healing the group.

i need to ask...i know we need INT as holy pallys....trinket wise i know our BIS would be the meteorite thing and the solace of the fallen...but currently those things are like DIFFICULT to get....currently i have the talisman of resurgence..the tears of the vanquished...and the greatness card....im currently using the talisman+greatness combo....but i want to know if the MP5 i get from tears is worth? or is greatness is better OR is there a trink that i can BUY tthat is better??

Funny that's the fight I came in to talk about. We hit it up on 10man the other night and feel short on heals, my heals. I'm red green color blind and couldn't see the balls well enough to rush into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypstix View Post
    Funny that's the fight I came in to talk about. We hit it up on 10man the other night and feel short on heals, my heals. I'm red green color blind and couldn't see the balls well enough to rush into them.
    Hm... you might look for an addon to fix that I guess? Or try playing around with your video settings to up contrast (the center of the cloud is pretty bright, the fringes not so much though). I know WoW has a "colorblind" mode to make it easier to tell your beautiful purple pixels from boring old "rare" blue pixels, but I don't know that it affects the whole game world graphics.

i need to ask...i know we need INT as holy pallys....trinket wise i know our BIS would be the meteorite thing and the solace of the fallen...but currently those things are like DIFFICULT to get....currently i have the talisman of resurgence..the tears of the vanquished...and the greatness card....im currently using the talisman+greatness combo....but i want to know if the MP5 i get from tears is worth? or is greatness is better OR is there a trink that i can BUY tthat is better??
    The Mp5 from Tears makes it better. Plus, proc-based Int is pretty bad simply due to its unreliable nature. If someone can run the numbers to show otherwise though, I'd be happy to see them. I'm fairly certain there's an Mp5 formula for Int in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypstix View Post
    Group up with another healer and hit the orbs together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    The Mp5 from Tears makes it better. Plus, proc-based Int is pretty bad simply due to its unreliable nature. If someone can run the numbers to show otherwise though, I'd be happy to see them. I'm fairly certain there's an Mp5 formula for Int in the guide.
    so..ive been playing as a holy pally for a good 2 months now....lol....and i just found out last night that if i beacon the same target as another pally that it doesnt cancel it out lols.....we were in valithria 25 and i beaconed val...and another pally beaconed val...and i kinda told im was on val already lol.....and they told me that beacon can stack lols......i just got OWNED! hahaha....and i USED to use the tears of the vanquished...i mean its all good and what not but...is 500mp5 REALLY worth it?? do i get back LOTS of mana with it??

That's not a bad idea, sadly I don't get to go on progression nights anymore so I wont be seeing her again for a while.

so..ive been playing as a holy pally for a good 2 months now....lol....and i just found out last night that if i beacon the same target as another pally that it doesnt cancel it out lols.....we were in valithria 25 and i beaconed val...and another pally beaconed val...and i kinda told im was on val already lol.....and they told me that beacon can stack lols......i just got OWNED! hahaha....and i USED to use the tears of the vanquished...i mean its all good and what not but...is 500mp5 REALLY worth it?? do i get back LOTS of mana with it??
    I hadn't realized that some people might not know this. I've updated the guide to reflect the fact that Beacons can be stacked and mention a couple fights where it might be recommended). Though, shame on you, you should have gotten that from the podcast!

Hi! I'm new to Tankspot, and just want to say that you have a great guide up. I too play a HL Holy Pally with a 51/20/0 spec.

Maybe I play differently, but I don't cast the Sacred Shield/FoL HoT on the tanks, but rather on myself just before a big attack by a boss (because if I die, who's going to heal the tank?). I even have a macro that casts SS, FoL, Divine Sacrifice, and then Aura Mastery (which with Imp. Devotion Aura, gives me 300% Devotion Aura armor bonus and 12% healing bonus on the raid) right before large AoE attacks to mitigate damage to the raid group and while spamming myself with HL with the MT beaconed.

I just wanted to add that Tuskarr's Vitality is a much better enchant than Greater Vitality for the boots. Mainly because +7MP5 translates to maybe +3 or +4MP5 during casting, which isn't going to save you if you're running low on mana. While the +15Stam isn't all that great either, the 8% speed boost is -- especially for the Sindragosa's Icy Grip/Blistering Cold combo where you have to run more than 25yds away from her within 5 sec. after she pulls you in. It's also very convenient for ToGC 10/25 Anub'rak for similar reasons.

My $0.02. Cheers!
    Last edited by 2Hit6; 05-28-2010 at 02:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread