+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arggggh need halp!

Arggggh need halp!

Ive recently decided to make my warrior primarily a tank so ive geared him up a bit and learnthow to tank etc and so far I think im pretty good at it. The issue is when I do a raid, I can be fine for a few bosses but sometimes my health just plumets really fast, and ive had healers healing constantly about how hard i am to heal. I dont know if its my gear or my stats or even if im tanking wrong but could someone give me some advice? Heres a link to my armoury:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fist&cn=Koppur

Thanks in advance!

Eu Armory down, only advice till it comes back is if you get to 2 min Shield Wall and Last Stand by maxing out points in Improved discipline and using Glyph of SW and Glyph of LS
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

1. Your Spec (Reasoning)
    A. 2/2 Improved Revenge will not help you in Raids, even though its major fun in PvP.
    B. Both 1/3 in Puncture and 3/3 Focused Rage are marginal in Boss Encounters, as they're typically infinite rage situations.
    C. You need 2/2 Improved Disciplines.
    Combined with the Glyph of Shield Wall, you will have Shield Wall on a 2 minute cooldown.
    This allows you to use it multiple times per encounter.

D. 5/5 Cruelty is good for threat, but you'll get more threat out of 3/3 Deep Wounds
    Result: Give This Spec a spin.

2. Glyphs
    A. Glyph of Revenge will do very little for you in boss encounters.
    Glyph of Shield Wall, combined with Improved Disciplines is the standard.
    B. Blocking and Devastate are great glyphs, but don't think you're locked into only using a set of glyphs.
    Here are a few other glyphs that are vital in certain situations:
    Glyph of Taunt
    Glyph of Sunder
    Glyph of Cleaving
    Glyph of Blocking
    C. You should probably Glyph Command too, instead of Bloodrage.
    Bloodrage has a cheap cost, and I've never met a new tank that is *good* at keeping their Shout up.

3. Your Gear
    Some of this may be due to Armory not updating, But I'll list it anyways.
    A. You're gemming a LOT of defense. In fact you're WAY over the defense cap.
    I typically ignore the socket bonus unless it is +9 stam or more.
    You only have 34k health unbuffed, try beefing up a little with some stam.
    B. No Shoulder Enchant - I suggest Greater Inscription of the Gladiator.
    C. No Cloak Enchant - I suggest Mighty Armor
    D. You're a Blacksmith. Put a socket in those bracers.
    Or drop some cash on the 245 TOC Bracers and put a socket in those.
    E. No Weapon Enchant - I would suggest Mongoose.

4. Knowledge
    Most of the time when I hear other tanks talk about their health plummeting its because someone, somewhere doesn't know the fight. It may be melee dps, the healers, or it maybe the tank.
    Are you reading up on the individual fights?
    Do you know when to blow your cooldowns on xyz boss?

Thanks for your detailed reply. I will def change my spec and experiment with glyphs and see if that helps as for enchants and gems im in the middle of getting them and gemming for stamia as it costs alot of gold and i havnt alot of time to play over this past week or so. Before last week I was main spec fury but lack of groups has made me decide to make my warrior primarily a tank as I have a DK and soon a hunter for dps in raids, so my gear isnt completely up to scratch. Currently just waiting on a few titansteel bars for the toc 245 bracers from my DK as well so shoul dhave them in the next few days.

Il try all of your suggestions and get back to this post to let you guys know if the changes help at all.

Thanks so much

Koppur, if you want an easy way to get alot of gems I suggest trading your Stone Keeper Shards for honor since you only need 130 to get 10,000 honor which will get you a gem and if you have any spare triumph emblems on you with 20 you can get gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Koppur View Post
    Before last week I was main spec fury but lack of groups has made me decide to make my warrior primarily a tank as I have a DK and soon a hunter for dps in raids, so my gear isnt completely up to scratch.
    Maybe you are spreading your energy and gold on too many chars

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikL View Post
    Maybe you are spreading your energy and gold on too many chars
    i see a lot of people do this.
    i never see any good tanks do this though.
    coincidence? pattern? irony? idk..

lol ok i get your points :P though in saying that the best tank in our guild (who is a pro btw) has a shaman alt but maybe hes just in a comfortable position now or something :P

+ Reply to Thread