+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Troubles with Professor Putricide - Slime Puddles

I'm working out some macros for our next attempt on Putricide and wanted to see if anyone more versed in macros could point out any flaws before our next wipe.

Melee & Ranged Macro

/cleartarget
    /tar Volatile Ooze
    /tar [noexists][dead] Gas Cloud
    /tar [noexists][dead] Professor Putricide
    /startattack

Abomination Macros

/cleartarget
    /tar Volatile Ooze
    /tar [noexists][dead] Professor Putricide
    /cast Mutated Slash
    /cast Eat Ooze

(Mutated Slash doesn't have a GCD from what I have read so this macro should allow you to drink ooze and whack a mob at the same time if they are in range.)

/cleartarget
    /tar Volatile Ooze
    /cast Regurgitated Ooze

(This should allow abomination to use one button to target and slow the slime and cloud)

I'd also be interested in seeing what others are using if different than what I'm attempting to do.

Thanks in advance
    Haruk

Other than being quite baffled as to why one would needtargeting macros for driving the abom at all... Personally, a good set of nameplates and six minutes worth of wrist stamina for jamming 1 and 3 have worked just fine.

I wouldn't use a /target and the slow cast in the same macro. You want to toss the slow out near the end of the slime's targeting cast to maximize the slowing duration, rather than tossing it as soon as it spawns.

People with bad lag and/or framerate tend to have a problem on the abomination. Plus the fact the PP is probably the worst fight for you if you have low framerates.

Honestly if you have done the abomination 3 times you should be a master of it. ie never not have energy for the snare and also be helping with mutated slash on pp and the adds. One thing of note is that mutated slash is on a seperate cooldown from the slime puddle button.

IF someone is laggy and/or bad frame rate they should only concentrate on puddles. Even if they have to stand there doing nothing.

Watch them in the abomination and if you see the abom ghosting around a bit... they are lagged out and you might want to find someone else to do it

Just as has been said above the trick is to have the center of the abomination exactly in the center of the slime puddle, anything off from the central vertical axis even by a bit can result in not being able to suck out the slime, that's probably the cause of your problem right now.

Be careful using macros. When you get in a vehicle (like the abom) it changes your default action bars. Make sure you have the macros on another bar and hotkeyed.

The only time I have problems with targetting oozes as the Abom driver is if I'm eating puddles right at the back of the room on the opposite side to current spawning ooze (usually only there if he's slimed after green knockback on ranged (and so ranged are further away than normal)), between a lot of melee and Putricide it can be hard to target the slime - I just target a melee and target their target

EDITTED for clarity - this is using blizzard default nameplates, sometimes I can be just that far away that I they do not appear on my screen.
    Last edited by Shortypop; 03-17-2010 at 08:02 AM.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by Shortypop View Post
    The only time I have problems with targetting oozes as the Abom driver is if I'm eating puddles right at the back of the room on the opposite side to current spawning ooze (usually only there if he's slimed after green knockback on ranged (and so ranged are further away than normal)), between a lot of melee and Putricide it can be hard to target the slime - I just target a melee and target their target
    I have no idea why people report this issue and refuse to use nameplates. Nameplates are about as good as it gets for a large quantity of fights.

Something I've noticed is that when I start the fight I tend to be able to smack putri once before the puddles spawn (gotta be fast though), because the people are somewhat stacked up the puddles are often close to putri, so you're able to smack him while eating the puddles.... When you do this there's a chance you cancel the eating animation, smack and eat again while smacking... This has lead to not getting the full energy from a puddle for me.
    Now most of the time this is NOT important and actually makes the puddles dissapear faster, but on the first 2 puddles it's ESSENTIAL you get the max energy from the puddles (I tend to be on 30 after eating the entire first 1).

So don't hit stuff while eating unless you have energy to spare

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Something I've noticed is that when I start the fight I tend to be able to smack putri once before the puddles spawn (gotta be fast though), because the people are somewhat stacked up the puddles are often close to putri, so you're able to smack him while eating the puddles.... When you do this there's a chance you cancel the eating animation, smack and eat again while smacking... This has lead to not getting the full energy from a puddle for me.
    Now most of the time this is NOT important and actually makes the puddles dissapear faster, but on the first 2 puddles it's ESSENTIAL you get the max energy from the puddles (I tend to be on 30 after eating the entire first 1).

So don't hit stuff while eating unless you have energy to spare
    That's simply not true. You get the energy, animation or no.

One quick thing. A lot of higher end shadow priests sill freqently cast levitate on themselves (and others) before (or even during if there is nothing to dps, like phase change) a fight. The reason is that they have trinkets they can proc that buff dps.

One of the bugs on this fight is that if the slime targets a player who is levitated, it will despawn the slime, which would only give you one. Also, you can have a player targeted who is close to a wall which makes it hard to target the slime.

Those prob represent most of the single slime bugs that I am aware of.

Have your spriests click off their levitate and move people away from walls. You should be fine.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

+ Reply to Thread