+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to fury - need assistance

New to fury - need assistance

Hi, I'm new to fury but I've been collecting gear for a little while now while I tank.

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mmer&cn=Krexar

I haven't gemmed anything yet as I'm waiting on some help. At this level of gear, should I gem for expertise or go straight to strength and wait for more expertise?

Also ANY critique or tips are totally welcome. thanks!!

Also, I downloaded landsouls spreadsheet but I'm getting Err: 504 in tons of boxes. I also am trying to figure out how to import the armory into the spreadsheet but I cannot find the 'fetch armory' button.

bump

I am main spec arms so I'm not exactly sure about gemming for expertise, but i do see a few things I can still help with.

1) CES in the main hand. Higher DPS weapons should always go in your main hand due to the much higher miss rate of off hand weapons.
    2) I know that you probably cant help this because CES has a metric butt-ton of hit, but try to replace some hit rating with other stats. Personally I would run H FoS EVERY DAY until I got a Needle Encrusted Scorpion to replace your hit trinket.
    3) I know you aren't gemming until you get help, but here's one thing that you can always count on doing no matter what gem wise. Use the 21 Agi/3% crit dmg increase meta with a nightmare tear in a blue socket somewhere.
    4) One last thing, at this level of gear i wouldn't just yet start going out of my way for arp via gemming or anything, I would just let that start to come in as you upgrade gear.

Like I said, I'm normally an arms warrior, but I hope this helped out some.

EDIT: If you have trouble with the spreadsheet, try out Rawr instead. That's personally what I use.

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

thanks much oberst! still need some more info! bump

bump

First of all stop bumping it is annoying. You need 26 expertise for fury you can get enchants on your wrist and hands both 15 expertise rating and gem the rest to get 26 expertise the other sockets i would gem strenght. I can't check your armory atm so that is the only thing i can say about it.

Well if I don't, the thread dissapears down the pages and the chance of reply becomes slimmer. So I should gem expertise in which sockets? I'm a bit confused as to if I should fill them all or only certain ones with expertise?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gn=Steady+Hand

Copy my enchants, except for you I would put attack power on your boots, you don't need the hit.

Don't gem for hit in your weapon, and swap out your hit trinket. You only need 164 hit to cap your special attacks. I would try and replace both trinkets ASAP... farm normal TOC for banner of victory, and H FoS for the Needle Encrusted Scorpion. If you can get into ICC 10 try and get Whispering Fanged Skull off deathwhisper.

In general for your level of gearing I would put 10 strength and 10 crit gems into your yellow sockets, and 20 strength gems into your red sockets and blue sockets. Change your meta to the one I'm using (only requires 1 blue gem to activate instead of 2, and then activate it with a nightmares tear in a blue socket of whichever piece of gear will give you the best socket bonus).

You're lacking expertise so I would get the triumph throwing star which has expertise on it. I would also get the frost expertise cloak. Those two should get you close to the cap without requiring you to gem for it.

Remember to take advantage of the 34 Str gems you can make as a JC. If you can't get the frost expertise cloak or any of the expertise pieces out of TOC10/25 then I would put a 34 expertise gem into a red slot.

Grind heroics for badges for a new ring and a new helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krexar View Post
    So I should gem expertise in which sockets? I'm a bit confused as to if I should fill them all or only certain ones with expertise?
    Don't forget, there's expertise food. Probably better to get some from that, than gem expertise.

Thank you so much skyborn and Bashal! Will do.

+ Reply to Thread