+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior gearing for Arena 2000+

Warrior gearing for Arena 2000+

Hi guys,

I am really confused and I think this is the best stop for me to find the right direction.

I was in a long break from WoW and I just started playing. I have limited time and I will focus on Arena. Mostly 2v2 with a Disc Preist partner. I don't have acces to 25men raids and only some PuG 10mens.

I am JC and Ench. I guess that is enough backgroud info, now to the point;

As I read, the way to go as a warrior in arena is stacking ApR with a trinket. Using mostly PvE gear. Do you think it is doable without reaching top tier PvE items? Should I stick to strenght and PvP sets with my current level of play?

As I searched the best items I can get with 5men instances, honor and crafting I set up a gearset with ArP. But it will require a lot of money, time and commitment to get them all. So before starting endless farming I wanted you guys to point me the mistakes in the set and tell me what should be the best solution.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Here is my link to chardev.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=358481

Sorry I guess I should've post that to HALP! forums. I am unable to move it by editing. I will be happy if any of the mods can do that for me.

i switched some gear, gems, and enchants around and came up with: http://www.chardev.org/?profile=358855.

that will get you to arp cap when your trinket procs. the ashen verdict revered ring shouldn't be hard to get since you said you can get in a 10man pug from time to time. also you can get in a rep farming group and farm trash to the first boss for awhile. once you hit 1300-1400 upgrade to the wrathful belt and once you hit 1800 pick up the 2handed axe once you get the points for it.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks Destruyen. It seems much more viable then mine.

Destruyen has it spot on. I noticed before how you were gemming hit/resi which are a waste of sockets imo. If your finding hit a problem then replace the PvE cloak and opt for the Wrathful hit cape.

Unless you are running double healer warrior, you need to put more pvp gear on and get to 900-1000 resiliance.

The general rule of thumbs atm are:
    1000 resil
    as much ARP as you can get including one of the 3 ARP trinkets
    hit capped
    Use the highest item levels you can to reach these goals.

In general the solution is one of:
    5 piece pvp set + pve weapon + pve trinkets + pvp gear
    4 piece pvp set + pvp weapon + pve trinkets + pvp gear
    2 piece pvp set + embelm of frost gear + pvp weapon + pvp trinkets + pvp gear

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Celandro View Post
    Unless you are running double healer warrior, you need to put more pvp gear on and get to 900-1000 resiliance.

The general rule of thumbs atm are:
    1000 resil
    as much ARP as you can get including one of the 3 ARP trinkets
    hit capped
    Use the highest item levels you can to reach these goals.
    as a warrior you don't need 1k+ resil. in 2s i run 750-800 resil and 3s i run 850-900 and do fine. an arp proccing trinket isn't mandatory either, it depends on what weapon you use. sword/mace you can run an ap trinket like death's choice/nobles card and axes you can use an arp trinket.

here is the setup i'll be aiming for this season: http://chardev.org/?profile=358872

i just need to get the wrathful pieces and weapon and i'm all set.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    as a warrior you don't need 1k+ resil. in 2s i run 750-800 resil and 3s i run 850-900 and do fine. an arp proccing trinket isn't mandatory either, it depends on what weapon you use. sword/mace you can run an ap trinket like death's choice/nobles card and axes you can use an arp trinket.

here is the setup i'll be aiming for this season: http://chardev.org/?profile=358872

i just need to get the wrathful pieces and weapon and i'm all set.
    Not to be rude but he asked for 2k+. You should try running some more resiliance before disregarding my advice. Your highest ever rating was 2005 in 2s which is not really enough to try and give advice with. I gave him the correct answers to get to 2k with the least trouble. There are situations where less than 975-1000 resil is ok such as 5s with more vulnerable targets or double healer 3s, but even then less than 900ish is very dangerous and you have to be very fast at going defensive when needed. Since your partners are unlikely to have a lot of experience either, more resiliance is a lot safer. If you check my current 5s gear, what I normally run for single healer 3s is with wrathful boots instead of the arp ones... Yes my 'adjustments' for a less dangerous situation involves switching exactly 1 piece of gear out.

Yes there are reasons to drop your resiliance lower but you need to be extremely careful about when and how you do so. Double healer war in 3s, sure. 5s with 2 squishy casters sure. 2s sure. But for 3s, the rule of thumbs I posted apply.

All that said, I find it hilarious that your own 'target gear set' is basically exactly what I said to go for except with a hit rating pvp cloak and arp gems instead of the cloak and hit gems you chose.
    Last edited by Celandro; 02-22-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Not to be rude but he asked for 2k+. You should try running some more resiliance before disregarding my advice. Your highest ever rating was 2005 in 2s which is not really enough to try and give advice with.
    hit 2k the last week of last season which is when i started doing arenas again seriously after s3 with a druid that has never arena'd before and only playing for about 2 months together. i don't do 3s that much since i can never get good teammates to push for anything serious. but yeh, that means i don't have the knowledge to give gear advice cause i haven't hit over 2k on that character....riiiiight. that's basically like saying if you've never killed the lich king then you are bad or don't know what you are talking about.

btw i have run at 900-1k resil before and outgoing dmg is trash. get better at anticipating the switch/burst on you to shield up and reflect/shield wall/line of sight as needed.

I gave him the correct answers to get to 2k with the least trouble. There are situations where less than 975-1000 resil is ok such as 5s with more vulnerable targets or double healer 3s
    he said 2v2 so i gave advice for 2v2 only. running a ton of pvp gear in 2s really lowers your damage/burst if you are just starting out with not alot of gear.

But for 3s, the rule of thumbs I posted apply.
    explain how the top rated warriors don't follow those when looking at their gear.

Zamos: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aggus&cn=Zamos
    Veev: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ecutus&cn=Veev
    Hoodrch: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ock&cn=Hoodrch
    Dahis: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krock&n=Dahisx

All that said, I find it hilarious that your own 'target gear set' is basically exactly what I said to go for except with a hit rating pvp cloak and arp gems instead of the cloak and hit gems you chose.
    for running 4pc pvp gear it's mostly right except the part about using pvp offset pieces with it. the other 2 are pretty wrong. should use tier9/10 instead of emblem of frost gear for 2pc and then either a 3rd pvp set piece or crafted or emblem piece.
    Last edited by Destruyen; 02-22-2010 at 03:38 AM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I've played with a priest in 2s before. The easiest strat is to mana burn vs single healer and survive vs double dps. High resiliance is better for this as it lowers incoming damage by quite a bit. You don't need a lot of pve gear at all for the comp. If the healer was a paladin that would be different.

As for 2 pc pve vs 4 pc pvp, it really doesnt matter. Getting the arp soft cap and bursting when your trinket procs is the most important thing. Everything else is secondary. Generic advice is the best you can give when you dont know exactly what gear is available. It goes without saying to use the best gear you can while getting to your target resil level. 264 ilvl frost badge gear (chest and gloves for example) is going to beat both 251 2pc set and 245 2 pc set and certainly crushes the 232 2 pc set. The original poster would be best to get to 1800 in 3s and get a pvp weapon in all honesty but since he doesnt want to do 3s, running pve weapon and the best pvp gear he can get in other slots is going to get him farther than the sub 264 ilvl pve gear hes wearing.

As for the top end pvp warriors you linked, the only one in somewhat normal gear was Zamos sitting at 936 resil. Hoodrych was in full pvp at 1225, veev in his fury dps set and Dahisx is at 742 running double healer.

Hoodrych logs out in full pvp gear to show off, he plays with pve gear.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Priest Warrior should do okay.

There's not much CC but when your priest can avoid it and can pump dispels onto a target while you bladestorm on top of it, there's damage going out that is beyond healable for most.

Skymind ran war/priest for most if S6 iirc. It's definitely viable, even if few people run it.

+ Reply to Thread