+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help my hunter

help my hunter

I have a good rotation down, but i feel like i should be pulling more dps. i only pull around 4k dps in heroics. Can i get some advice on what gear i should replace and with what. Also what enchants i should get.

Here is a link to my character on WoW-Armory.http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Animalistick

I also would like info about my spec and my glyphs.

Quick dirty...you have way too much hit, nearly 200 more....get rid of your pyrite infuser.

Go to EJ or check my hunter, Ifrits, on kilrogg to get the proper SV spec. I play MM as main spec. Only thing about my spec is I have hit specd into it from old gear. So you can move those points elsewhere.

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

Your first port of call should be:
    http://www.femaledwarf.com/

According to the dwarf, with the gear you have equipped in your armory at the moment you'd be pulling 2941.98 dps self buffed including your wolf as well (just assumed the wolf was your standard). I'm sure you can pull more or less than that figure depending on the conditions, but it's useful as a baseline.

So now, using that baseline if you repecc your wolf to pick up all the dps talents available you stand to increase your dps +99.25. Talents you should pick up for your wolf include cobra reflexes (2/2), spiked collar (3/3), culling the herd (3/3) spiders bite (3/3). To get these you could start by dropping heart of the phoenix and losing 1 point in bloodthirsty.

An easy win would be to grab the sons of hordir shoulder enchant, greater inscription of the axe. That'll take you +19.29 above the baseline.

Also grab the Knights of the ebon blade head enchant, Arcanum of tormet. That'll boost you another +26.59 above baseline.

Replace the gem in your belt with a +20 agility for a +14.29 increase above baseline.

Enchant your bracer with greater assault for +15.22.

Go to the auction house and grab some shatter round for a +45 increase.

For your second trinket spot, drop the infuser. If you don't have emblems and/or can't pick up the scorpian, run normal toc for banner of victory. Equipping the banner will put you another +32.46 above the baseline. If you are lucky, try and grab the needle-encrusted scorpian from H FoS. That'd put you up +46.92 from the baseline.

For your chest, ditch the +200 health enchant and grab +10 stats. That'll put you another +18.23 above baseline.

For your main hand, run H HoR for the Orca Hunters Harpoon. Equipping that, enchanting it with Massacre and gemming in with something like tenuous dreadstone the will bump you up another +36.99.

For your range run H PoS until the Felglacier Bolter will bump you up another +87.04, then whacking the your scope back on it.

Replace Titan forged band of victory with Dexterous Brightstone Ring for a +75.05 increase. Costs 35 emblems but worth it. You could also join ICC rep runs and grab the ring that comes from being friendly with ashen verdict.

Replacing all your red gems with the +20 agility would increase that figure by 30.62.

So by doing all that stuff your baseline would become 3466.06. Which is 524.08 dps more than you started with. Which is a pretty handy increase without even having to set foot in a raid.

So using your spec and the revised gear above, your baseline dps is 3466.06. If you were to change from your current spec, to this one (as an example, you'd go up another +277.39 to 3743.45. That's if you are committed to survival. If you switched to the MM spec I use your dps would be 3948.42

Like I say all these figures are from femaledwarf.com and wowhead, so the dps figure is not absolute, but it gives you a good idea of what would be achieved. Hope it helps.

Thank you everyone, this should really help me out.

Dont use that lame-ass mp5 gem. Unless you need a certain color for meta requirement gem agility. Mp5 is fail for hunters.

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

Moved to HALP forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Agree with what's above, but first priority is to change to a more traditional Sur spec and change your Glyphs. After that it's a matter of gearing and gemming; when gemming, unless you need hit you want straight agility (red gems) or whatever plus agility (orange or purple), but not MP5, MP5 is an utter waste for hunters, you can't possibly stack enough (you get none on gear) to make a difference in a raid fight. Viper is a fact of life for hunters, you can manage around it e.g. manna potions.

This is my hunter, my Sur Spec and MM spec are pretty standard - in the Sur Spec avoid Arcane shot, it's not in your rotation, nor should it be because of a shared cool down. I've recently been using MM more on boss fights in ICC, but still like Sur. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...za&cn=Wharfrat

Check out the hunter guide on this site, it's every good.

With orca ungemmed (baseline) = 2516.11
    With orca and shifting dreadstone (gets +4 agility socket bonus) = 2526.63
    With orca and tenuous dreadstone (gets +4 agility bonus) = 2528.35
    With orca and nightmare tear (gets +4 agility bonus) = 2534.63
    With orca and delicate cardinal ruby (it's a red gem so no socket bonus) = 2529.23

Based on that tenuous dreadstones not the best choice for the blue socket in the orca, but it's slightly ahead of the +10 agi/+15stam and just slightly behind the +20agil. For that slot, it looks like nightmare tear is your best bet in terms of impact on your dps.

yeah... i didn't know i had a MP5 gem... i don't know what i was thinking. but thanks again!

Good luck.

I've changed my view a bit about Arcane shot in my MM spec - I've been using as a filler shot and it's been hitting for about 5k, untalented; I kind of like it.

+ Reply to Thread