+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice please: Starting out with death knight tanking

Advice please: Starting out with death knight tanking

I've just recently started a blood elf death knight that I would like to spec as a tank. I'm lvl 59 and just out of the starting zone.

I've been reading through the posts here and searching around the web for info, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Most posts/blogs either talk about builds for the fastest leveling or talk about the best full-spec'd rotations. And of course, now that 3.3 is out, things may have changed since a lot of these posts were written.

I'd like to find some pointers on leveling as a tank and the rotations I should be using as I work my way up. I plan on running mostly PuGs with quests in between.

I found this build that I liked: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EhZhxe0AoI0c0fuzAo0x
    in this thread here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...th+knight+tank

I'm more favorable to DW than 2H (mainly because the slow 2H aesthetic frustrates me sometimes when waiting for that next swing :-) ), and frost over blood (because this seems to provide better mitigation). But I can definitely be convinced either way.

So, here the meat of the post: Can any of you point me to some posts or information about leveling a DK tank. I'd especially like to know about rotations that are useful through the different levels as I pick up talents.

Thanks in advance!

Perfect! Thanks much. Don't know how I missed that thread, except that it was posted in 2008. Has there been any changes in the patches since then that would make it obsolete? Either way, that is an excellent guide, thanks for the link.

It was written in mid December 2009 and last edited late last month.

Ah you are correct. I was looking at his/her join date by accident.

+ Reply to Thread