+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Icecrown Hard Modes

The Weekly Marmot -- Icecrown Hard Modes

raid help

Yay, I love watching hard mode fights; it gives people who are doing normal raids an idea of how easy it can really be. Speking of easy raids, my guild has been having a lot of trouble getting people together and being organized during raid times. Our guild leader says we have enough tanks and don't need to recruit any, but when it comes time to raid none are online. Also, he has a tank that he doesn't bring to our weekly run because his main has a higher gearscore and he saves his ''alt'' for the alt runs. They are both easily geared enough for ICC 10 man and I would feel rude asking him to bring an alt to our main run. Should group roles be more important than bringing your most well-geared toon? We have gotten all the way to Rotface but only one attempt on him so far, I don't mind not getting further than that! It's just that we spend so much time trying to get the raid together that we don't have enough time to progress more. I've tried recruiting people and have even been promoted to recruitment officer but i feel like our leader is just being lazy. I'm great friends with all the officers and would hate to leave the guild just because I want to kill more bosses in ICC. What could I do to make our raid leader take his job more seriously / do a better job? Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the hard modes video, I'll try to watch it at least 50 times.

I am the very model of a scientist salarian
    Nike, just Tank it.

I'm really surprised at the heroic progression rate. Like Lore said these guilds and the players in them are very skilled, but even considering that it seems really fast.

Its looking like Ulduar posed more of a challenge then the Finale of this expansion. I mean they released Ulduar in its entirety, ICC had gated releases and limited attempts (still present in heroic modes).
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoakes View Post
    I am the very model of a scientist salarian
    I could not stop laughing when he started doing that. One of the best parts of ME2

God i hope they give me a SC2 beta key -_-'

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Lore, when are you going to do an opening of you playing your guitar?

nice. thanks for this.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I also have a very positive qualitative response about a SC2 Beta this month!

I really do wish Ulduar was in the later area so my guild didn't stop doing it just because of gear :/

My guild still needs people to SHOW UP so we can do normal modes in ICC though so yeah...

What, no 'Aftermath of the Lich King' kinda thing, so we can see how locations start to wind down and cope with having a new King? Eh, whatever. It'll be interesting to see exactly how Blizz helps us pass the time between now and Cata.

no "hidden" sentence at the end?!!?
    then what was the video for? =(

Their is 1-10 and then totally stocked which is prolly around 15

Quote Originally Posted by Avataa View Post
    Their is 1-10 and then totally stocked which is prolly around 15
    crit i'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by Xed View Post
    no "hidden" sentence at the end?!!?
    then what was the video for? =(
    Youtube is cutting it off for some people, I'm not sure why. Try watching on HD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I'm really surprised at the heroic progression rate. Like Lore said these guilds and the players in them are very skilled, but even considering that it seems really fast.

Its looking like Ulduar posed more of a challenge then the Finale of this expansion. I mean they released Ulduar in its entirety, ICC had gated releases and limited attempts (still present in heroic modes).
    But again, Ulduar had some of the same problems of old instances as well (mim p4 for example), the hardmodes are distinctly different fights, and the last hard mode, yogg 0, was impossibly tuned.

It does seem like ICC has a lot simplier fights with lower gear requirements, though.
    Either play to win, or shut up and lose.

I don't know, the only real reason we didn't see a yogg+0 kill earlier was more because of the "omg it's impossible, my maths says so" crowd...

As for hardmodes, how quickly did the watchers + vezax die? they were down pretty quickly after release as well. Given the simply massive amount of health the lich king has on heroic (103.2 million if the screenshot on mmoc is to be believed, that is 11 minutes of nuking if you could spank and tank him at 160k raid dps). I have high hopes for the lich king hardmode.

edit: just btw: how do you get the beta key? does it land in the email inbox that is registered in the battlenet account?

Just wondering, how many players need to kill LK to open heroic. Just 1 person can open it? and once you start heroic do you need the norm LK kill to run again(if none of the raiders with the norm kill are in the raid)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Youtube is cutting it off for some people, I'm not sure why. Try watching on HD!
    doesn't work for me.

I dont know what time or day you do your recordings but on the same day that this week's video was posted Paragon downed Putricide on 25man HC. So they now have the world first Lich King 25 man kill and world firsts on 25man HC for Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa. Hopefully we will see them do the Lich King soon as raids reset on Wednesday for EU. I think they are going through with alts to work out tactics as I know that they have used up a couple of attempts.

+ Reply to Thread