+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tanking-Gems-Chants-Etc

Paladin Tanking-Gems-Chants-Etc

After much searching here on the site, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't a spot where a generalized guidance section for say, a Pally tank exists.

If there is, please, feel free to redirect me!

I've found gear related spots, but nothing of gems, save a guy saying Stam Stam Stam.

So anyway, I'd like to put a few questions here that may help myself and others.

First of all. Gems.

Stamina is obviously something any tank wants plenty of. And with an average of 2 gem slots per piece of gear (maybe 1.5) you can socket more stam than anything, as they come in the 30 stam variety atm.

With the debuff in ICC tho, wouldn't it be good to get ur dodge up around say, 40%?

How bout strength? It would directly affect threat gen, as AP and SP (from touched by the light in prot tree) And also increases Block?

What about parry, making up for the lack of dodge in ICC?

Anything useful is welcome, please cite sources.
    If I could be any animal, I'd be a human!

How about Enchants, several sites offer what is the "best enchant" for tanking in general. For instance tho gloves, Armsman (2% threat and some parry) seems like a really good choice, but hit rating has the highest value in the way of IMBA chants??? what's up with that?

Redirect if I missed it.

And onward to generalized gear info. I will post links here redirecting to the sections on gear I've found.

Over on Maintankadin, Digren has a post about Gems and Enchant that should answer all of your questions.

But basically, on just about every encounter, you shouldn't have threat issues (unless you are doing something wrong). So gemming for Str or enchanting w/ Armsmen just isn't the way to go.

Use one Shifting gem (Agi/Stam) to meet the reqs for the Meta, and then use Stam gems in all other slots for your max EH set; if you work on an avoidance set, then socket matching w/ Solid, Shifting and Enduring is fine.

+ Reply to Thread