KGUI v2.10 - Multi-resolution Support.
Kguku <Paradox> of US-Nordrassil
Multi-Resolution Support (thanks to Coehl UI for this idea):
This UI supports multiple aspect ratios which are easily calculated based off of your resolution. There are 3 major aspect ratios supported by this UI 16:10 (some widescreen(WS) monitors) 16:9 (some WS monitors and standard for WS TV sets) and 4:3 (non-WS monitors / TV sets). Each of these aspect ratios will have a common divisor. All 16:10 divide to 1.6, 16:9 to 1.77~ and 4:3 to 1.33~. The profile you are wanting to run to match your resolution is based off of what your resolution divides in to.
Let's say the resolution you're running in is 1680x1050. To find out profile you are going to use you will simply divide 1680 by 1050 on a calcuator to get your result which will be 1.6. This means that the install information you will be using will be from the 1.6 division section.
This UI was developed in 1680x1050 and gets extensively tested in that resolution. The other resolutions are provided as is, however feel free to submit any layout issues you might come across and I'll be sure to address them.
16:10 Aspect Ratio (H/V = 1.6 ie 1680/1050 = 1.6)
1920x1200 / 1680x1050 / 1440x900 / 1280x800 etc.:
SET useUiScale "1"
SET uiScale "0.75"
16:9 Aspect Ratio (H/V = 1.77~ ie 1600/900 = 1.77~)
1600x900 / 1280x720 etc.:
SET useUiScale "1"
SET uiScale "0.75"
4:3 Aspect Ratio (H/V = 1.33~ ie 1024/768 = 1.33~)
1280x960 / 1152x864 / 1024x768 / 800x600 etc.:
SET useUiScale "1"
SET uiScale "0.70"
**** INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK ****
Make sure you backup the following directories before you proceed:
/Wow Install Directory/Interface
/WoW Install Directory/WTF
1) Load WoW and log in with your current UI setup
2) Delete all chat frames other than "General" and "Combat Log"
3) Create a new chat frame and call it whatever you would like, mine is called "City Chat"
4) Drag "City Chat" off of the main chat group
5) Ensure you are in a major city at the time and go to your settings for "City Chat" and change your chat filters to Global Channels - Trade, LocalDefense, LookingForGroup are enabled, and that everything else is disabled. (or set it however you want, as this window only opens in a city)
6) Exit WoW
7) Delete your Interface and WTF Folders (make sure you back this up before hand)
8) Copy KGUI zip file in to your /Wow Install Directory/
9) Unzip KGUI zip in your /Wow Install Directory/ (Extract here feature in WinRAR)
10) Go in to the WTF Directory and do the following steps:
- go to the Account directory
- rename the directory YOUR ACCOUNT to your accounts name
- go to in to the YOUR ACCOUNT directory
- rename the directory YOUR SERVER to the name of your server you play on
- go in to the YOUR SERVER directory
- rename the directory YOUR CHARACTER to the name of the character that you play
11) Load WoW and adjust your Video and Sound options on the login screen and then quit WoW (they will have reset due to the deletion of your WTF folder. If you backed up your folders you can simply copy your config.wtf back in to your WTF directory to skip this step).
12) Use a text editor (I use Notepad++) and add in the following two lines to your config.wtf file (change uiScale value based on which resolution set you are using. I would suggest you use the find feature to see if these settings are already in the config file and change the values, if a find for UIscale does not garner any results then you can simply add these lines at the bottom. Be aware that these settings are CASE SENSITIVE):
SET useUiScale "1"
SET uiScale "0.75" (this value changes based on your resolution divider (see above for that information))
13) Reload WoW and go to the character select screen
14) Ensure LOAD OUT OF DATE ADDONS is ENABLED
15) Make sure the mod AddonLoader is NOT enabled
16) Log in your character
17) type /dxe This will load DXE so it can accept profile switches
18) type /kguichat <option> to setup your chat windows to be in place (ie /kguichat dps1.6 would be used with kguidps1.6 profile) simply typing /kguichat will bring up a list of options
19) type /reflux switch <kgui version of your choice> (this is based on your resolution divider ie 1680x1050 = 1.6 = /reflux switch kguidps1.6)
20) Adjust ForteXorcist bar by typing /fx and clicking on the config tab that corresponds to your resolution divider (ie kguidps 1.6 is for 16:10)
21) Log off to save your settings
22) Enable the mod AddonLoader
23) Enjoy your UI!
- Whisp history fonts default to one of the system faults set by fontifier. Also the border for Whisp will reset if you are playing around with your UI profiles. The mod works 100% otherwise and requires some code rewrite to fix it. I will eventually look at it but it's not a priority for me. If anyone wishes to take up the task of updating it and submitting the fix it would be appreciated.
- Pitbull4 is using a custom portion of the hide_blizzard frames to hide boss mob frames that were added in to the game. This feature has not been added in to Pitbull4 yet, so any updates you do to Pitbull4 will need to have this fix re-applied. The easiest way is to backup your Pitbull4 Hide_Blizzard folder and then copy it back over. This can lead to complications if there were any major changes done to the hide blizzard code.
- Omen auto collapse will not work right with the UI, it will cause layout issues on the bottom.
- BG Mod Capping will not be aligned if you are not using a 16:10 resolution. You will have to move this as there are no profile abilities currently in Capping.
Custom UI Commands:
I have written a small .lua to help with some commands I hate having to mouse click to use / provide a couple of options not otherwise in the game. This is located in the addons/kgslash directory.
KG Slash Commands:
/pquit = quit party/raid
/aquit = leave arena/bg
/resetlog = resets combat log bug (might have to type this a couple of times to reset it properly, beats logging out though)
/pkick = kicks person targetted from party
/pkick <name> = kicks the person from party
/gkick = kicks person targetted from guild
/gkick <name> = kicks the person from guild
/convertraid = converts your group in to a raid
/kguichat = brings up chat window resetting options for each profile
When using Dungeon Finder if a dungeon is in progress a message will flash on your screen "Dungeon IN PROGRESS". This was my way to combat the issue of not knowing a dungeon was partially done when doing a random as there is no other warning available.
Power Aura Layouts per resolution:
Global Panel 1 = 1.6 / 1.77r settings
(if someone wishes to adjust a set for kguidps1.33r I will gladly include them in Global Panel 2)
I use curse for the majority of my mod updates so I can only speak to the fact that 99% of the mods used in here are updated on there. If you are wishing to find the mods in question for current updates that is where I suggest you go. I do not know what other portals authors have distributed their mods to.
Also, I have not pared down or edited out mods to provide the bare minimum requirements for this UI (Layout, graphics etc etc), so make sure if you are enabling or disabling mods that you watch your layouts accordingly as this could have repercussions to it.
I am current doing a version of this UI with healers in mind and if you'd like to see what the initial layout is like the reflux profile is kguihealer1.6. Any input on healer UI setups is greatly appreciated, as I've never really healed in this game so I'm not sure what kind of raid frame space / additional healing mods are used. (I've included a screenshot of this in with the other pictures)
If you have any questions, suggestions or bug reports feel free to contact me.
Q: Why are my buffs and debuffs not showing everything?
A: I have blacklisting enabled in EBB. You will need to type /ebb config and adjust the filtering accordingly. This is one part of the UI I was not willing to risk to reset because re-blacklisting buffs I have no desire to see takes a ridiculously long time.
Q: Is there a way to make it easier to line up graphics and changes?
A: I used Align to give me a visual graph to work with. Toggle it with /align
Q: I don't want to use the built in City Chat frame toggling, how do I get rid of this frame / toggling altogether as it keeps re-appearing.
A: Type /kgpanels config. Active Panels | RightChatFrame | Scripts - delete what is in the OnLoad and OnEvent frames. (high, delete, and hit the accept button)
Q: I do not like the system fonts chosen, how can I change this?
A: Fonts can be changed with /fontifier. Feel free to adjust them to your liking.
Q: The background opacity is too light for me, I want to increase how dark the windows are. How do I do this?
A: you will need to go to /kgpanels config then go to Active Panels | Panel You Wish To Change | Backgroun Color Style | Background Color and increase the transparency.
Q: My action bars are not all showing or are all screwed up on my screen, how do I fix this?
A: The UI is setup to use Bar 1 and 2 as well as Bar 3 Hidden. To adjust/change your bars type /bar
Kguku UI Graphics
Last edited by markv; 07-06-2011 at 01:33 AM.