+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level 70 Paladin Tank running out of mana...

Level 70 Paladin Tank running out of mana...

After learning the basics of tanking on my death knight I though I would have a go on my Level 70 Paladin.

I created a set of cobalt armour, bought the BOA thrash blade, and read up on the 969 rotation.

However the problem is I seem to run out of mana within 2 pulls. I'm using Seal of Corruption, righteous fury and blessing of wisdom.

I pull with avenging shield, then do 969 all be it without Shield of Righeous (level 75 spell). I use Hammer of the Righteous, Holy Shield, Consecration, and Judegement of Wisdom.

I'm only using one HotR in the rotation so it's more of a 9699699699 etc...

Where am I going wrong?

The gear is terrible but I plan to level up & gear up in dungeons.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Bustymcnipps

well if you can hit 71 u'll get plea and you wont have to worry about mana for a while. but before that, you really dont even have to full out use ur mana, i'm sure at low lvls no one has the ability to rip any sort of threat off you, so throwing avenging and hammer and SoW should be enough while the mob dies, so long as you tab and check the threat of mobs around you. if you pull more than 3-4 (for some reason dungeon mobs in BC and WotLK dungeons seem to always come in groups of 3-4) then throw down the concecrate, but apart from that tabbing and HotR/shield abilities should b more than enough to keep aggro

Imo, it's in the blessings... You should be using Sanctuary instead of Wisdom. With Holy Shield up, you should be okay with mana, and when Redoubt procs you should be more than okay with mana. Just remember that 3% mana on a block is not to be underestimated, and it provides more mana than Wisdom with the proper shield block.
    Compromise - 80 Assassination Rogue
    Epicwin - 80 Holy Paladin

Thanks for the advice guys it went really well.

I didnt realise how good/useful blessing of sanctuary was. That and just doing shield & hammer for most fights kept things runing smoothly.

I really enjoyed tanking on my Paladin, it'll be interesting once I get to 80 and have the full spell/skill set.

In addition to what was said, if mana is still an issue, cut back on consecrate. It's a mana hog.
    If reducing consecrate usage does not work, pull more.

+ Reply to Thread