+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICC attempts removed...

ICC attempts removed...

I dont know if im happy about this or not.

only benefit I see is that if your guild wasnt good enough to kill arthas this week, then you have a higher chance of enabling heroic mode in 2 weeks, making it easier to catch up .
    But then again, I wouldve like a total of 3-4 weeks of hard clearing with 20 tries before opening up potential hard modes to the public.

Unless they are deciding to not add in their reinforcement system that gives players a healing/health/damage buff (much like the LFG one), this change isnt necessary.

I like it. We had one attempt on Sindragosa last week.

We 1 shot putricide, then used 19 attempts on BloodQueen. We got close on many, many of those attempts (several 1% wipes), but with the timing of the fears and biting we'd have stuff go wrong.

yeah, we had trouble with the timing on the fear/biting too. The first bite starts about 15s into the fight, and one of the fears happens at 2:20 into the fight, which makes some attempts difficult if you either don't plan your biting times or you get bad luck on something.

I'm personally for this change. Normal modes being normal and all. From my view, Blizzard's intention is that almost anyone will eventually be able to finish the story of the Lich King, which means they'd have to traverse and compelte ICC at some point. So I would expect the zonewide buff to kick in soon as well. There's always the hard modes to test your mettle anyway.
    Everything is FABULOUS with warrior tanks again.

It's a nice change, we got to Sindra with 4 attempts and got him/her to like 20% so more attempts would have been a welcome sight. That been said though, they will be introducing that ridiculous buff which combined with unlimited attempts will let anyone faceroll through normal mode, which is sad really.

And yes I know there will be hard modes but we all know they will be tuned to hell and keeping the limited attempts.
    Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party, this Is something I have missed since nov 08.

wrong post
    Last edited by Agmar; 02-09-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: misquoted

Quote Originally Posted by Azuae View Post
    I like it. We had one attempt on Sindragosa last week.

We 1 shot putricide, then used 19 attempts on BloodQueen. We got close on many, many of those attempts (several 1% wipes), but with the timing of the fears and biting we'd have stuff go wrong.
    This.

30% of our attempts are wipes due to disconnects, lag spikes, client crashes and other technical difficulties. I welcome this change.

There's also one other aspect that I forgot to mention before, which was brought up on the Dungeon and Raid forums once. I'd rather have 20 attempts on a boss with my main, rather than 10 on an alt, and then 10 on my main.
    Everything is FABULOUS with warrior tanks again.

On one hand I like it because our guild is still struggling on PP 25. Our best attempts were last night when we had like three straight ~4% wipes. On the other hand it would have been cool if we could have downed these bosses with the limited attempts still up, but it wasn't meant to be I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
    On one hand I like it because our guild is still struggling on PP 25. Our best attempts were last night when we had like three straight ~4% wipes. On the other hand it would have been cool if we could have downed these bosses with the limited attempts still up, but it wasn't meant to be I suppose.
    You're still going to kill him in the same amount of attempts. The only thing that changed is you won't be forced to spread those attempts out over a longer period of time. The limited attempts system is just a poor way of releasing content that doesn't last unless it's trickled out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaehl View Post
    You're still going to kill him in the same amount of attempts. The only thing that changed is you won't be forced to spread those attempts out over a longer period of time. The limited attempts system is just a poor way of releasing content that doesn't last unless it's trickled out.
    Good point....I guess in the end this is a good change when you're in a guild like mine that takes forever to clear content.

I would've probably been happier with just doubling the # of attempts, but removing it is pretty nice. It hurts my guild a bit directly but it also takes a ton of pressure off in terms of being able to call a wipe early because of a DC or lag or whatever.

We lost about a dozen or more attempts this week due to server instability on our last raid night. I'm thrilled with this change. Now we don't have to call 30min breaks every time someone's ping spikes for fear of wasting an attempt in NORMAL MODE.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    We lost about a dozen or more attempts this week due to server instability on our last raid night. I'm thrilled with this change. Now we don't have to call 30min breaks every time someone's ping spikes for fear of wasting an attempt in NORMAL MODE.
    This. With the Bloodlust (and in particular Proudmoore) issues of late, we never have a problem free night. It's what used to screw us up on ToGC Insanity runs as well. I'm glad they dropped the limited attempts.

Obviously, you guys just need to transfer to an awesome server like mine =P j/k j/k

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread