+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior: Executioner over Berserking enchant?

Arms Warrior: Executioner over Berserking enchant?

Wow Heroes link (Armory doesn't seem to like my Ł when direct linking):

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...me=W%C3%BCtend

I'm trying to reach 100% passive Armor Penetration, and so far I'm up to somewhere around 92% with Food (+40 ArP) and Elixir (+45 ArP) Buffs. My question is that because I'm so close, if it's worth it to replace Berserking with Executioner? I think they proc at the same rate, with the theory that a proc from Executioner should effectively "soft cap" my ArP as it currently is (much like using a NES).

Rawr however says that Berserking is still the better enchant by a nice margain. I was wondering what other people think. Any suggestions on gearing/enchanting would be welcome too.

Edit: one wrong thing on my Armory page: I'm using 245 Tier 9 legs for the 2 piece bonus. It reduces my ArP slightly (I've socketted it with +20 ArP x 2) but the increase in strength, crit, and a minor amount of expertise makes it better. My ArP buffed with it on should be 1075 (76.81%) + 16% arp = 92.81% ArP.

- WŁtend
    Last edited by WŁtend; 02-09-2010 at 01:47 PM.

you will be overcap if you are at 92% passive with executioner proc which is why rawr (and landsoul's spreadhseet as well) will show executioner as a dps loss even if it caps you. the is only certain points where executioner beats berserking and it deals with your sep values and not where you are at in regards to arp cap. landsoul posted about this on elitist jerks but the way those forums are good luck finding the one post you are looking for with 500+ pages of posts without knowing the exact forum he put it in.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks, I think I found the appropriate quote:

I've posted it here for everyone who was curious, althought I'm not exactly sure what he's saying, 'm guessing it has to do with Strength Equivilancy Points, I guess:

Quote Originally Posted by landsoul
    Basically for Exe to be better than Berserking, ArP has to be (400/2)/120 better than AP. If AP is .7576, then ArP would have to be 1.2627. As long as both proc rates are the same (assuming isnt lower at level 80) this will be true.
    - WŁtend

yeh it's referring to the sep of stats on your gear. just load in your armory into his spreadsheet and it will tell you the sep. if your arp sep is above 1.26 and your ap sep is below .75 then executioner is better. of course the easy way would just be to swap enchants on your weapon in his spreadsheet to tell as well.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread