+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new t10 vs. off-sets

new t10 vs. off-sets

Hi all.
    Based on the changes for the t10 stuff (more armor and stuff) i wanted to ask, if someone could tell me the best way to go.
    I dont know if I should take the off-pieces or the set.
    I mean they are all close on the gains they give, missing parry on gloves but hit and t10 bonus.
    Missing def and exp on breast but gaining parry/dodge and t10 bonus.
    So i need some advice, or EH calculation or just someone who has solved or tested both versions.
    I really dont have a clue which item i should get next .
    Here is my profil: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ar&cn=La%C3%A9

Thanks for helping me (for those who will :P)

Hey. In my honest opinion its really up to how you tank. I have always wen't for set bonuses, stacked stam, and tried to keep hit/expertise as high as i can without gimping myself. Armor is nice and i won't complain to more for free(same for aviodence). But taking away the avoidence and leaving the hit on the tier gloves made me a little sad but im still gunna rock them. Everyone has differing opinions on how to tank, and thats why I say pick a style of gear that suits you and makes you happy to play your class. Cuz at the end of the day its your $15 dollars not some random guy on the forums.

What you mean the style i tank? Oo I dont get this part , i mean is there a different "style" of tanking mobs? In my eyes there is just, run in and tank them. I cant do anything against a hit (beside my gear) i have to eat it, so its only a gear question.
    I just want to know, which is the best way to gear myself and if the off-pieces now worth it (because both give same armor, and that was the big point to pick them).
    And at least, im happy with the best gear i can get , so it would bother me if i buy the off-set and then someone calculate the EH or something, and he will tell me then, that my choice is bad, because the tier items are a bit better .
    But thanks for reply .

By style i just mean't that no one tanks the exact same as someone else, no one can say which piece is better for you. Lets say tank A responds to you and tank A has a massive amount of avoidence so much that its all in DR and low on hit. He would say take the teir piece. Let's say tank B has massive amounts of hit and lower avoidence. He would tell you to get the offset piece over tier. And lets say tank C well call this me because I usually go for 4 set. Says take the tier gloves to help getting the set bonus. All im going to say is going to forum's to find out what gear to get is nice(and can be helpful, not always tho). But you're always going to get differing opinions on what to get. Thats why i say take what works good for you. You obviously got to icc lvl gear by knowing a little bit about what you are doing so put a little bit of your own choice into the mix too.
    If you wan't my opinion if you want the set bonuses or are a bit low on hit grab the t10. If you don't run 10heroic or 25man at all or don't want the bonus or the hit then get offset. Gauntlets of the kraken gemmed only give you 180 stam extra over the t10 264 lvl gloves.
    Last edited by Mashneck; 02-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.

In terms of maxmimizing your EH and Burst Time to Live a short answer is if you have acess to no ICC 25 drops go with the shoulders and helmet and if you have acsess to all of them go with the helmet and either the shoulders or chest depending on your current expertise/defense situation. The reason for this is because with no acess to drops the T10 helmet and shoulders will offer you upgrades while the gloves and chest are side grades and downgrades to the badge chest and glove. If you have all acess to drops the helmet is a lock because it is a sidegrade to the T10, the shouldes will make you lose 18 stamina because of a gem socket but the chest will make you lose huge amounts of expertise and defense so if you are really low on expertise or are threatening to go under the defense cap with all acess to drops T10 helmet + shoulders. The 4pc is really not worth going for there is no encounter in game where it is actually worth grabbing since it is so situational.

Would Arthas be better tanked with the 4PC? I guess my question is for those that have done the fight.
    I am still thinking to get the badge gloves over the T10 gloves first since leg and gloves drops in voa either way (if I get lucky). We aren't that far in 25 man yet that I would need to worry about Arthas though. But what about 10 man Arthas?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gn=Destination

For 10 Man Arthas, I sure wish the GM refunded my badges so I could have 4 pc. Unfortunately, it all depends on what GM you get.

Looks like going helm, chest, gloves and shoulders for the 4pc will give you the best results. So glad I bought the offspec chest and gloves. No GM will give you a refune unless you're a top end pro raider.

if going helm, shoulder, chest and glove, then I would think the Pillar of Might not useable without geming/enchanting or use trinket to meet the 540 defense? It would suck to have to use different legs like the marrowgar ones

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    Looks like going helm, chest, gloves and shoulders for the 4pc will give you the best results. So glad I bought the offspec chest and gloves. No GM will give you a refune unless you're a top end pro raider.
    Gm refunded my badge chest/gloves. Just explained to them what I thought and that I would like a refund, they were happy to oblige and wished me good luck in the rest of ICC

Going Helm, shoulders, gloves, legs, getting badge chest simply because it has the most armor.
    Once heroic mode unlocks its tier10 all the way probably though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brage View Post
    Going Helm, shoulders, gloves, legs, getting badge chest simply because it has the most armor.
    Once heroic mode unlocks its tier10 all the way probably though.
    This is not correct. Tier chest(iLvl 277 has 4100 armor, and the 264 version has comparable armor to the badge chest), is better than the badge chest. For plate tanks, alot are going 4pc(if they want it) + Pillars of Might(most armor of any leg in the game).

+ Reply to Thread