+ Reply to Thread

Thread: halp! nuked by festergut!

halp! nuked by festergut!

Ok, so so we were doing icc25 and when we came to festergut I had to be replaced because I was getting one/two hit by Festergut when I taunted him off of the main tank (8 stacks).

I am wondering why this is happening? I will tell you alittle about what I did before I taunted him:

Right before the main tank got 8 stacks of the debuff I used Shield Block, Glyph of Indomitability and the Corroded Skeleton Key CD's. Festergut had only 2 debuffs of the Inhale thing aswell.

Health/Armor: I had approx 36k armor and 55k health buffed.

Check out my gear if you would like to at the Armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=%C3%9Feauty

------

Please tell me what I could do to improve my survival when I taunt the boss!

Thanks in advance
    - bea
    Last edited by Machoen; 02-09-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Clone - Horde @ Sylvanas EU

Quote Originally Posted by Machoen View Post
    Please tell me what I could do to improve my survival when I taunt the boss!
    Ventrilo
    Tell your healers you're taunting before you taunt.

Really isn't all that much else you should do. Your more powerful cooldowns like Shield Wall and Last Stand are needed for the third inhale.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

As a Warrior you/we should always be the first ones to take the first 8 stacks on Festergut. Any other tank besides a Warrior can tank this boss MUCH easier, so having them do the taunt makes total sense.

1st Inhale Pop Shield Block + Trinket. 2nd Inhale Pop Enraged Regen and Last Stand. 3rd Inhale Pop Shield Wall. You may want to pop Shield Wall right after your last stand is gone.

Like Quinafoi said too, make sure you're telling the healers you're taunting. They need to be pre-hotting, shielding, etc. Also as a Warrior tank you must tell them to blow their CDs to keep you up.

I think it's the other way around... as a Warrior, with our terrible DPS, we should be the 2nd one tanking festergut and letting the higher DPS tanks have a longer time beating on him with the DPS buff.

You should not be using cooldowns until the 3rd inhale. The tank swap should be happening a bit before that. If you're dying before the 3rd inhale, your healers aren't doing their job.

I can't talk on ventrilo yet, since I am only a trial, and I was relpaced for going down too fast when I taunted.

As said: The Inhale was at 2 debuffs when I taunted him!

You're not ALLOWED to talk on Ventrilo, not even when it's beneficial to the raid?

Your guild is retarded. Find a new one.

While he was only two debuff/buffs when you taunted any changeover of tanks is crucial that the healers are informed beforehand, in order to get HoTs running as well as if possible to activate some of the passive +armour, +damage reduction, +healing that them healing you will do. If you have two holy pallys get one to use his party bubble at the taunt, the other during 3 inhales, both will be off CD before the next 3 inhales (and the second taunt occurs with less buffs/debuffs so is easier). But really, if you're not allowed to talk on Vent, I'd definitely leave, a large part of a successful raid is good communication!
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Well MT SHOULD BE 2nd in line on Festergut since HE IS TAKING the biggest hits in the fight. Tell your guild that MT is not person who starts the fight but who takes most of the beating.

Just checked your gear, you're perfectly fine even to take 3 stacks beating, I got hit by Fester for 2x33K in 0.7 sec, so speaking on Ventrilo is essential that your other tank can move behind, unnecessary parries are last thing you need in that fight.

I am guild master/guild officer of many guilds over the course of last 4 years, I never ever been in situation where we disallowed trials to speak on Vent, especially in important moments.

Read Shortypop's note and you will understand need of prehealing.

This is how vent should sound on fester
    Tank1 8 stacks:
    Vent: Tank2 taunting in few secs, start prehealing...
    Tank1 9 stacks:
    Vent: Tank2 taunted.
    Fester 3rd inhale. (raid taking 75% less damage @ this point)
    Vent: Increase/All healing on tank
    Fester casting losing 3 stacks and unleashing AoE
    Vent: AoE healing now
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Cool guys, thanks.

So guys, from now on only officers and raid leaders will be available to talk on 25 man raids..

Quote Originally Posted by Machoen View Post
    So guys, from now on only officers and raid leaders will be available to talk on 25 man raids..
    This is generally a sign of a very undisciplined/inexperienced raid and/or angsty raidleads.

If someone (read anyone for that matter) can point out relevant information he absolutely should do it (and be able to!).

Either the people are to inexperienced to separate important information from unimportant or they're generally unable to shut up. >> bad

The raidlead fears that he can't control the flow of the fight or will get into discussion every time when a descision is made when certain people are able to speak freely. >> bad

Happened to me once and I left the guild shortly after that. Your mileage may vary but I suppose if you want to raid progression you'll end the same.

Cheers!
    skaggi

Also, make sure TC and Demo are up B4 you taunt. I chain my Glyph, satrinas, then SB. On the third inhale it's SW into LS and if needed a PS. Armor pots are your friend.

Being vocal about when you taunt is definitely critical.

If the other guy is better geared then you, then you should be tanking first.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread