+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Seal of Command vs Seal of Vengeance

Tanking Seal of Command vs Seal of Vengeance

As a human tankadin, for the longest time I have been tanking with the good old Seal of Vengeance. It's not since I respecced my offspec to Ret that I noticed the "new" Seal of Command.

During some test runs in my new DPS spec I noticed the insane amount of holy damage caused by the Seal of Command (on mobs only, not on bosses). Since pally threat is 100% based off the amount of holy damage we dish out, I wonder if anyone has experience with using SoC as a mob tanking seal instead of SoV.

Any experiences or theories? Please share...

I know for low level tanking, Command has been godmode. I never tried it at 80, though now I might dust off my paladin and give it a test run.

I tank exclusively with SoC in heroics, it's amazingly good. I switch to SoV for bosses sometimes, but i love me some good old SoC AE Tanking goodness.

The general rule these days is SoC is usually better for trash/heroics if there are three or more mobs and they die in thirty seconds or less. Otherwise, use SoV. All the maths have been done by theckhd over on Maintankadin here which is part of theckhd's MATLAB TPS analysis found here.

I would strongly advise all Protection Paladins to thoroughly read it. Several times.

SoComm is insane for doing Heroics. i have it in my build because it was a toss-up between 1% Crit or Seal Of Cleave. I still tend to use SoV in raids even on the trash tho, but SoComm for heroic trash really shines. 5K+ dps on H trash make me always good to beat out those pure dps classes
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1341818.jpg
    " 'Thin' is a relative term..."

I tank with command on trash and swap over to Corruption for single target. Command does more dps and more threat on trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicacid View Post
    I tank with command on trash and swap over to Corruption for single target. Command does more dps and more threat on trash.
    that is what my pally friend does and I approve its a good system

+ Reply to Thread