+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Icecrown Lich King

Nope, not disarmable. It's been a long time since any boss is actually disarmable. Last one was ToC 10, Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishnee View Post
    I was wondering, is the Lich King diarmable? If so, I wonder if Improved disarm would be useful. I say this from the OT perspective, in phase 2 I'm not doing a lot when the valks are not out. Any little bit I can do to help the raid dps would be useful. I asking because I was going to do a respec soon and figured I might try to pick up the talent if it would have any use. Granted, this is not a perfect talent to have all the time. However, as a guild we've rebuilt (half the raiders left several months ago when we were just starting working on LK) and were back to doing solid LK attempts and right now the goal is to get him down so picking up the talent would be for this purpose. We're close to getting it and I figured that any extra help I can do to get us through phase 2 faster could not hurt.
    Better talent for you to pick up as the off tank would be Safeguard since you can trivialize Soul Reaper completely with proper usage of Intervene. Not to mention as already indicated, the Lich King is immune to disarm... until someone else disarms him for you.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 10-05-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

so i have a question about phase 2 on the lk fight. Im a druid and during this phase i have been tasked to Entangling roots on the Val'kyrs. it keeps telling me that they're immune is that normal or am i bugged?

Nope, it's normal. They can be stunned, not rooted. Slowing effects cap out at 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

i would like some more specific details for healers.what should they do?i mean excepti keeping everyone alive...

For healers? Well, pretty much the same as everyone besides healing.

a) Don't stand in defile (or drop defile in grp)
    b) Grp up when Valk pops
    c) Move if you spawn raging spirit
    d) Get to the Horror (behind it) if you get the plague
    e) Don't stand in Raging spirit's silence AoE
    f) Move inside the room when Quake hits.
    g) Heal the NPC if you got suck into the Frostmourne room (Havast soul)
    h) Watch the Ice sphere when walk back inside the room.
    i) Move away from vile spirits and heal the soaker

Also... Depends on your class and spec as a healer
    1) Bubble everyone before infest (Disc Priest)
    2) Cleanse the Plague when the person is in position
    3) Heal tank(s) like crazy during soul reaper.
    4) Heal the player who got havast soul
    5) Heal the tank(s) and give external cooldown to tank(s) if anyone died from Havast soul

So, Cliff note:
    a) Heal
    b) Don't suck

My guild is still struggling mightily with phase2 10man normal.
    It's a casual guild with players too polite to point out someone else's mistakes, so I can't really be sure what the problem is. Our RL (resto druid) blames himself for not being able to keep up with infest when we're all spreading out to avoid defile. So I guess we just need advice on healing phase2. Maybe if we fix that we'll identify other problems we're having.

We run with RestoDruid, DiscPriest, HolyPaladin

Is there a particular way for this combination of healer classes to work together and help us through p2?
    (in case it matters, the rest of the raid is ProtWarrior, BearDruid, UnholyDK, ArcMage, FireMage, EleShaman and MarksmanHunter)
    Thanks

Our RL (resto druid) blames himself for not being able to keep up with infest when we're all spreading out to avoid defile.
    The stuff in bold, that's his job. The resto druid shouldn't need to be having headaches over infest when there's a disc priest right there. Especially now that Rejuvenation is much lower duration. That's a huge part of the disc priests job in that fight.

Perhaps the problem is a range issue, as in if people are spreading so far for defile they're out of the healers range when infest goes off?

If that's the case then i'd suggest not running to far for your defile spreads, it really isn't neccessary to be spread more than a few yards apart from each other as long as everyone's aware they'll have to move when defile goes off.

If that's not the case then it just sounds like your healers aren't reacting fast enough to defile. All 3 healers should be running boss timers so you should know when defile's about to hit. Your Disc priest should be prebubbling the raid, and your Druid can help with wildgrowths. Even the Pala can top off 3/4+ people with a Light of Dawn.

Thanks for the video, really helpful.
    I was curious though, what addon are you using that puts your heals on the side. That looks nice and I'd love to try that out.

Can the Valks be help temporarily in place by a hunters pet that can use a venom web spray, or are they immune?

Quote Originally Posted by Baan View Post
    Can the Valks be help temporarily in place by a hunters pet that can use a venom web spray, or are they immune?
    They can be slowed, dazed, or stunned only. Stun is the only effect which can lock them in place for a short duration. All slows also have a limit of 50%, they can't be slowed beyond 50%.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspar View Post
    My guild is still struggling mightily with phase2 10man normal.
    It's a casual guild with players too polite to point out someone else's mistakes, so I can't really be sure what the problem is. Our RL (resto druid) blames himself for not being able to keep up with infest when we're all spreading out to avoid defile. So I guess we just need advice on healing phase2. Maybe if we fix that we'll identify other problems we're having.

Is there a particular way for this combination of healer classes to work together and help us through p2?
    (in case it matters, the rest of the raid is ProtWarrior, BearDruid, UnholyDK, ArcMage, FireMage, EleShaman and MarksmanHunter)
    Thanks
    With a Disc priest, infest should be a bit of a non-issue. Have him/her time his/her Divine Shield for when Defile is going to hit; DBM will give you a count down. Also, and I found with our groups one issue as we take guildies new to the fight in to get them the title is "freaking out during defile". You have to train the raid, they need to move out of the middle for defile, but not run to the end of the earth; also they need to be aware of who's got the defile, if it's not them and it's not some one zoning out in the middle - the clean players need to get their butts back to the middle - "oh, Defile target is across the room, the middle is safe let me get back in before a Valk comes and takes me away." People need to actually talk on vent during the fight, we allow (encourage) anyone in raid to call out in vent time to Defile and Valk - it's like an alarm clock and wakes people up who might be getting tunnel vision. Also, since I was tanking the LK this weekend, I was calling the hunters to the middle; they get hung up on their min range and Valk love stray hunters. It's really a fight about situational awareness and being your brothers keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    The stuff in bold, that's his job. The resto druid shouldn't need to be having headaches over infest when there's a disc priest right there. Especially now that Rejuvenation is much lower duration. That's a huge part of the disc priests job in that fight.
    Really the druid shouldn't have to worry about any of the infest... The disc priest should be blanketing the raid with bubbles the entire fight... holy pally healing the tanks... there isnt enough damage going out in this fight that you need three healers so boot the resto druid from the group/ have him switch to dps or pick up another dps because 3 healers for 10man is over doing it... and making fights harder than they need to be. If you cut your dps by adding extra healers it takes longer to kill bosses, thus making it harder for the healers because the boss is up longer leaving more room for error. Killing bosses fast and hard, quick transitions, and smart players make the fights easy... But the main goal is to kill him so, practice is key here... put in some solid attempts and work at it because thats what its gonna take for your guys to kill him...

Quote Originally Posted by Runedminion View Post
    there isnt enough damage going out in this fight that you need three healers
    Most groups don't use three healers because of the intensiveness of healing. They use three healers because one of the healers could be incapacitated by being picked up by a Val'kyr or being pulled into Frostmourne, which only leaves you two healers active to cover both raid and tank healing. While it is possible a single healer can last long enough during this timeframe until the other healer is free to act again, having a third healer provides you with a backup.

tankspot - cheers for all the help got me Bane of the Fallen King title WOOT!!

Haha, I thought the Scourge were the only thing brought back from the dead.

+ Reply to Thread