+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lich King

What program are you guys filming with.
    i wold love to do my own wow movies. but i never find one whit good quality
    please tell me. (PM)
    Thx fore all the tacts btw. helped me alot =)

How about a new video with accurate information in it? good strategy if this was how the fight still goes.

Quote Originally Posted by glatiz View Post
    How about a new video with accurate information in it? good strategy if this was how the fight still goes.
    ?

recheck p2. valkry are no longer stunable. p3, if you attempt to leave any of those vile spirits up, whether your a tank or not, will guarantee a wipe. other than that, it was a fair movie. Better placing and more distance in phase one with the tanks would be better. strategy 4/5, overall movie though 2/5.

p2 valkyrs are still 100% stunnable. I stunned them probably a dozen times last night. Entire strategies are built around stunning them to allow enough AoE to kill them. I don't think you know what you're talking about. Valks = stunnable. 100% confirmed.

p3, you can leave the vile spirits up and have an OT soak them, I do it both for my 10 and 25 man. we try to kill as many as we can, but any that get close i taunt and tclap them, and they often just blow up on me. You don't have to aoe them all down, just enough for the OT to handle it.

keep in mind these videos were done normally within the first week or so of release, so claiming that our strategies are 4/5 is kind of like saying, hindsight is 20/20. glad you enjoyed the movie to give it a 2/5. Didn't realize we were rating our services now.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

A couple of other things worth noting.

Spirits can almost be compeltely ignored and allowed to be soaked by raid as a whole, assuming the raid is correctly spread.

The 30% buff may now make some factors mentioned in the video less relevant than previously.

Aslo how can you complain about the strategy which you percieve as wrong and then give it 4/5 and then say the video earns 2/5. Are you complaining about the quality of the editing or something? People love to troll and criticise, how about making your own though?

5/5 for the tankspot videos from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    3.5% we got to within 3.5% of downing him last night. I was running around hitting the Vile Spirits with Howling Blast and Blood Boiling and got sucked into Frostmourne where I proceeded to not be able to down the spirit in time despite popping Army. As I watched, the LK was at 17%, the MT went down to a Soul Reaper, the range were running around and dotting the LK, but one by one they all fell - 3.5% (well 13.5%).

We decided our range was dealing with the Vile Spirits just fine while I was in Frostmorune, so we're going to just tank the LK, taunt on Soul Reaper and keep the threat of the tanks 1 and 2. Tomorrow hopefully we get it.
    well tbh i find that last phase is the easiest now. well 1st phase is easy as well when u do triangle tacts.
    so basically u only need to master 2nd phase with both defile and valkyrs attack at the same time.

when u finish the 2nd transition phase, your MT picks up the LK and tank him close to the edge and the OT takes the raging spirits to the middle of the platform. the dps needs to focus on burning the remaining raging spirits asap (heroism at the middle of 2nd transition phase will help that). once the LK casting vile spirits, all the raid moves to the other side of the platform, while the OT turns the raging spirits to face away from the raid. ALL dps continues on the raging spirits and burn them fast. we managed to do so before the vile spirits where begining to move.
    after the raging are dead and the viles are moving, make sure your raid is spread out at least 8 yards apart (i think 5 is enough but better be safe then sorry), and the OT free from raging spirits can immidetly start picking the viles up and absorbing them. when no dps is touching the viles the aggro building of the OT will be very easy. me as warrior just thunder clap when they are near me and many of them will come to me easily. make sure your melee is spreading as well, since 2-3 of them close together with the tank while viles reaching them will mean a lot of dmg done at the same time.
    do this on 3rd phase all the time, from side to side, with all the dps focused on the LK and the OT alone grabbing the viles and its an easy kill all the way to the end, and the end will be much faster without loosing dps on the viles. even if some viles manage to explode on your raid, 16k dmg wont kill u if the raiders are 8 yards apart. even if the OT is teleported to frostmourne as long as u are spreading good enough u wont wipe.

I am a feral tank too (new in icc as a tank) and i am getting close to LK atm. I may kill him this week but anyways...
    darksend did a very good video! exhelent desrciption etc.
    He is a druid so now i got a small of what the fuck i should so with all these CDS! tnx m8! continue good work with RS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinyrock View Post
    well tbh i find that last phase is the easiest now. well 1st phase is easy as well when u do triangle tacts.
    so basically u only need to master 2nd phase with both defile and valkyrs attack at the same time.

when u finish the 2nd transition phase, your MT picks up the LK and tank him close to the edge and the OT takes the raging spirits to the middle of the platform. the dps needs to focus on burning the remaining raging spirits asap (heroism at the middle of 2nd transition phase will help that). once the LK casting vile spirits, all the raid moves to the other side of the platform, while the OT turns the raging spirits to face away from the raid. ALL dps continues on the raging spirits and burn them fast. we managed to do so before the vile spirits where begining to move.
    after the raging are dead and the viles are moving, make sure your raid is spread out at least 8 yards apart (i think 5 is enough but better be safe then sorry), and the OT free from raging spirits can immidetly start picking the viles up and absorbing them. when no dps is touching the viles the aggro building of the OT will be very easy. me as warrior just thunder clap when they are near me and many of them will come to me easily. make sure your melee is spreading as well, since 2-3 of them close together with the tank while viles reaching them will mean a lot of dmg done at the same time.
    do this on 3rd phase all the time, from side to side, with all the dps focused on the LK and the OT alone grabbing the viles and its an easy kill all the way to the end, and the end will be much faster without loosing dps on the viles. even if some viles manage to explode on your raid, 16k dmg wont kill u if the raiders are 8 yards apart. even if the OT is teleported to frostmourne as long as u are spreading good enough u wont wipe.
    Thanks, this is bascially what we did when we finally downed him. Only difference was out of p2, I picked up the LK and the MT took the remaining spirit, since I can handle a Soul Reaper a bit better with AMS, then our warrior.

Mobs fall off platform?

So my raid group seems to think that if we snare/stun/slow the shambling horrors during the phase 1-2 transition, while they're on the edge of the platform, they will fall to their death. We will either do this with holy wrath, or with a Elemental Shaman's talented earth bind totem

I have searched high and low trying to find out of if this works, and the closest I can find is someone said "this use to work, but I'm not sure if it works now" and someone who said "occasionally when this happens it glitches and they come back invisible"

Has anyone used this strategy before, and is it viable/consistent?

Oh also we attempted this a few times, but the first try holy wrath didn't go off right, and the second try they got stunned RIGHT on the edge. It was late so we quit after those attempts.

No, this will not work. On several of my 10m's attempts on the lk we have had occasions where a raging spirit, and in one instance a raging spirit and a shambling, fell off the edge, but instead of dying they are just warped up to the platform again. The problem with this is that they may reappear no where near the off tank and may start frontal coning/shockwaving the raid while running towards him/her.

The only reason we had a Shambling up on that one transition was due to a dps getting to close to the shambling, getting the disease then somehow getting out of range of either player or ghoul/shambling before they were dispelled leaving no disease up to kill the shambling at all. Having a shambling and a raging spirit up at the beginning of phase two made it....well much more stressful lol. Regardless, the disease should be enough to take out the shambling on its own. Mastering the disease in phase 1 is key to a cleaner phase 1.5 and a cleaner transition into phase 2.

Does anyone have any advice (if there's any?!) for Pally Tanks dealing with those Raging Spirits? We're running with two pally tanks and I'm having a devil of a time tanking them because of that silence cone crap they use. The other issue is the first one pops up and immediately one-shots a clothie before the MT can taunt it (this is while I as OT am still holding any leftover Shambling Horrors and Drudge Ghouls, and LK is in the middle doing that Winter attack) - MT has been taking two of them while they get burned down, I pick up the third as the platform collapses, and then we're running into problems as people run past the spirit and get hit with that silence cone.

Our setup is that I (OT) stand in the NE corner (as you appear from the transporter), up on a patch next to the big ice wall. Everyone else is to my left, like just behind that one pillar that's there. The MT tanks LK right at the foot of the steps. When the first transition hits, everyone runs left, and when the platform breaks everyone except me runs to the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwayne View Post
    Does anyone have any advice (if there's any?!)
    One suggestion would be to tank the raging spirits so they face towards the LK (your back is to LK). This makes sure that you are in proper position to quickly move off the falling platform in phase 2 and also prevents any dps or healers from getting cone aoed while you're tanking the spirits.

Also, if you're getting 3 raging spirits up during the first transition phase I might suggest you have a dps problem and/or necrotic plague problem that's not killing off the horrors and ghouls fast enough. You should also ask your raiders to move away from the raging spirit as it spawns if the tank picking it up quickly is an issue. The further folks are from it the more time your tanks have to pick it up before it 1-shots somebody. You will lose some dps time though doing this, so I'd recommend figuring out a way for your tanks to pick the adds up more quickly. You should be able to taunt and get aggro on it during the 1-2 second window in which it is coming out of the selected raid member before it moves around and starts attacking people.

Good luck - our guild just got a kill on LK 10-man last week and it felt great

For 10man version i find it easier to start tanking LK out on the edge, since you don't need to run out for transision phase.. just let LK run into the middle. By doing so you also have the horrors out at the side, all people need to do then is move into 2 groups which people almost already are since we got 1 group with melee and tanks and 1 with ranged and healers.

Does anyone have advice for LK25H phase 2?
    We are wiping there for months now and it totally sucks. Sometimes it's defile, which is laid wrong but most of the time the valkyrs just fly in different - or slightly different directions. I just don't know what to do; our tank mostly is with his back at the inner ring and our raid 'tries' to be on a symbol behind him, but it really doesn't work. In most videos people don't even seem to care to stand together in one spot but all valks fly nearly perfectly.
    Any advice maybe that helped your guild and may help us?

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Fhres; 09-12-2010 at 07:39 PM.

valks will always fly the shortest distance possible to lift the person off, if your raid is getting picked up in different directions, they're not stacking close enough together and on the right side.

Well first time we will try LK10man normal tonight going to be a mission to get him down.

Hello,

We are struggling with LK 25. Particularly how to handle Defile and 3 Valks.

Over 30 wipes now, and we can't seem to get people to drop defile properly (away from raid). I like to know how to handle it in the following case...

a) Defile with no Valk is up. Should I ask the raid to spread out?
    b) Defile with Valks up and we are dpsing it. I told Melee if they have defile, run to the stair while the rest of us move the opposite direction.
    c) Defile and Valk on top of each other? Do we stack up? or Spread out? If spread out, how much? Inner circle spread out?

I will admit that we are not the brightest, even with assigned direction to run, people either run out too slow or people just didn't even know the defile is on their feet. I need a fool proof way to handle it. I even tried "Defile run left, no Defile run right strat"... Everytime the defile is on MELEE, I know we will wipe. idea? suggestions?

Thanks

Kat.

a) yes ask the raid to spread out, unless the valks are coming in <3 seconds then you'll just have to pray people who get defile know to move out fast. (simplest way is just have people drop defile near the throne, the valks will never take a person over that direction.
    b) just have the melee run left/right from the path of the valks, don't drop them in front or behind and you'll be good.
    c) timing will be key, if defile comes before valk, spread out, then once defile target is called people have to be fast at collapsing for the valks. if valks come first, stack until they select, fire off your stuns, and have everyone spread out for defile, once it's selected, everyone get back on their valk target.

if people run slow, you're gonna have problems.

I was wondering, is the Lich King diarmable? If so, I wonder if Improved disarm would be useful. I say this from the OT perspective, in phase 2 I'm not doing a lot when the valks are not out. Any little bit I can do to help the raid dps would be useful. I asking because I was going to do a respec soon and figured I might try to pick up the talent if it would have any use. Granted, this is not a perfect talent to have all the time. However, as a guild we've rebuilt (half the raiders left several months ago when we were just starting working on LK) and were back to doing solid LK attempts and right now the goal is to get him down so picking up the talent would be for this purpose. We're close to getting it and I figured that any extra help I can do to get us through phase 2 faster could not hurt.

+ Reply to Thread